Bowl game tracker

• Bowls aren’t as good of an indicator as early season non-con games imo. Too many players sit out bowl games, or team doesn’t care etc

• UNLV

• Gonna be a shootout. Actually would like to hire their OC

• @BShark said in Bowl game tracker:

Bowls aren’t as good of an indicator as early season non-con games imo. Too many players sit out bowl games, or team doesn’t care etc

Probably true in This day and age

• Also a little weird because we play them in week 2 next year

• @FarmerJayhawk Ya, I also don’t like playing a G5 team after 8 wins in a power 5 conference. But we are KU in happy to play in a bowl and hopefully win one.

• @kjayhawks said in Bowl game tracker:

@BShark said in Bowl game tracker:

Bowls aren’t as good of an indicator as early season non-con games imo. Too many players sit out bowl games, or team doesn’t care etc

Probably true in This day and age

Yeah unfortunately it is. I’ve seen good teams just come out not caring because they barely missed the playoff etc

• Bowls I don’t want to be in.

Toilet bowl.

Despicabowl

Reprehensabowl

Lima Bean Bowl

Depends Bowl

Congress Bowl

Bowls I want to be in: Loveabowl

Likeabowl

Lawrence Bowl

Lambeau Bowl. (I mean, why not, what a great storied place for a bowl game?)

NO SEC Bowl

ChicagoBearsBowl. Good news is you get to play the Bears!

La Paz Bowl. Elevation over 11,000 feet!

Dead Sea Bowl -1500 feet

Grand Canyon Bowl. there’s a peninsula of land jutting out into the canyon that’s 60 yards wide somewhere. That will teach these softies who avoid contact by running out of bounds.

Serengeti Bowl. Right in the middle of the wildebeest migration, with Lions and Hyenas and mating rhinos too.

Jan 6th Bowl. Don’t like the result of the game, claim it was stolen! (sorry if that steps on some toes)

• @wissox I feel like you’re ignoring the honey-do list today.

• @nuleafjhawk The Honey Do Bowl? Everyone ignores that one.

• I think they should have a Manute Memorial Bol.

• BS that undefeated FSU isn’t the fourth team to the fake playoff, but it’ll be fun to watch Michigan and Alabama I guess. Actually, maybe I’ll just check the score later.

• @DanR said in Bowl game tracker:

BS that undefeated FSU isn’t the fourth team to the fake playoff, but it’ll be fun to watch Michigan and Alabama I guess. Actually, maybe I’ll just check the score later.

Sorry, but I don’t want to see a Jordan Travis-less FSU get beat by 30+ points against Michigan. Player injuries is one of the criteria for determining ranking and I don’t know if you saw any of FSU’s games against Florida or Louisville without Travis, but they didn’t look good in either game.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 you can see the future now? How do you know that would happen? You don’t and neither does the dumb committee. The Michigan/Iowa game was eerily similar to the FSU/Louisville game watching both. FSU’s defense is better than any of the teams in the playoff.

I actually think FSU would beat Michigan, I’m a huge FSU fan and my dad is a huge Michigan fan, watched them both very closely through the year.

• @RockkChalkk sorry for your loss. Tough one.

• 3rd string QB for FSU? Probably had something to do with the decision. I’m sure if KU had JD playing healthy for the last few games the highlights rack up and KU gets bumped up to a slightly better bowl with the same record. Perception matters even if it’s wrong.

• Caught Coach L’s - -pres conference concerning our bowl and such . - -Now I know I’ve said this before so I’m sorry but I’ll say again , this Coach impresses me so much every time I listen to him at Conferences just I mean class /and lots of knowledge.

you know the one thing, or one of the things I like about him the most ? The guy is never satisfied, not will for competency , and I realize a lot of Coach’s may say the same line but to hear and know we have a Coach that really wants this program to continue to get better and actually mean it - -not just looking for that paycheck. I don’t know how many times I’ve heard him say - -we got to get better.

He was talking and said makes you realize in just 2 - 2 1/2 short, years just how far this program has come. He said he was out and ran into a fan something along those lines and the guy says you know we could of been 10-2 . Coach says he said to the guy , you know just 2 years ago we was talking about 2-10 know we talking about we should of been lol.

Coach said too he truly believes there will be conversation next year with the majority nucleus of this team coming back next year , if it comes bck mainly in tact , you will hear about the possibility of this team competing for the Confrence Championship – -shouldn’t ew haven’t heard- - the last thing I heard from him was that they are actually suppose to start the tear down of the Stadium THIS WEEK. -That’s going to be so cool to see the new transformation - - IT’S A great time TO BE A jAY hAWK. - - ROCK CHALK

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in Bowl game tracker:

Player injuries is one of the criteria for determining ranking

Really? Where is this stated?

I mean, I don’t see it here:

https://collegefootballplayoff.com/sports/2016/10/24/selection-committee-protocol

• @DanR see Florida state, I presume

• @DanR , this is Section 2 (“Principles”) of the Protocols you linked to:

The selection committee will select the teams using a process that distinguishes among otherwise comparable teams by considering:

Conference championships won,

Strength of schedule,

Head‐to‐head competition,

Comparative outcomes of common opponents (without incenting margin of victory), and,

Other relevant factors such as unavailability of key players and coaches that may have affected a team’s performance during the season or likely will affect its postseason performance.

• Just got a snap back from Devin Neal, he told me he is a 100% playing in the bowl game.

Just got a snap back from Devin Neal, he told me he is a 100% playing in the bowl game.

ya heard him talk about that a couple days ago. Said he was for sure playing. He talked about weighing both sides of entering the draft and returning.— I don’t know just at first case I wouldn’t be surprised if he did come back, was talking about being local and this and that - -maybe just wishful thinking but just kinda sounded like where don’t be shocked if he comes back

• Texas Tech puts up 27 points unanswered in the independence Bowl to drop Cal 34-14.

Texas Tech puts up 27 points unanswered in the independence Bowl to drop Cal 34-14.

Well one win for the Big 12