Schedule Discussion

• IN BASKETBALL NEWS, we have a schedule! Holy mackerel February and March are rough. Thanks Big 12. https://kuathletics.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/KUMBB-2024-schedule5.pdf

• The new Big-12 yippeeee

• Cake walk

• Ok so Baylor and Houston twice seems significant. Disappointing to only get ISU away. And then getting WVU away is another tough draw. Much rather not have to go all the way out there. Still think we win the conference by two games but haven’t looked at any of the other schedules.

• Three new members are playing KU once & at The Phog. May be a rude awakening/new experience for them!

• Conference schedule is fire - -holy crap. – - Yet our NON CON sure the hell isn’t no cupcake either. - U Conn on there Indiana , Kentucky , Possibly Marquette - possible UCLA ,Purdue , Syracuse - -then lesser I know but even Mizzery - that all adds up to exactly not playing cream puff city - -BUT Bill NEVER has backed away from good challenges

• UConn is good, but they don’t do much for me. Not a game I’m really interested in. Really the only game of mass appeal would be the KU v UK game. The rest if I wasn’t a KU fan would be marginal games at best. I’m curious how a non-KU fan would see it, maybe I underestimate the draw of KU to non-fans.

For KC area KU fans I’d guess the KU v MU game would be the mountain top.

The new conference teams kinda water things down from this fan’s perspective. I have no feelings either way about byu, Houston, cinci or rando Florida team. They definitely don’t get the competitive juices flowing - I would not like the scheduling if that was the non-con slate, but you’re stuck with the conference teams.

• On the plus side, UCF away early seems like a nice road game to kick start the conference season (I know it’s game 2). And I like Cincinnati and BYU coming to the phog later in the slate. Feel like that’s a good chance to really let them know what Big 12 basketball is all about.

• That three games to finish is BRUTAL. At Baylor. Home for K-State. At Houston. Better have the conference title more or less wrapped up before that because that is rough. Houston is probably a top 10 team. Baylor is probably top 20. K-State is probably top 25. That’s an absolute gauntlet to run just to get to the Big XII tournament.

Great for TV, though.

• @Gorilla72 Saw where the four newcomers are all 0-1 in conference. Rude awakening. I think it’s going to be some time before they’re relevant in our league.

• Pretty brutal schedule and I do worry about depth with the Morris bullcrap.

Non-Conference- Kentucky, UConn, Maui (which is loaded), Methzu, road game vs Indiana.

Conference-new Road Foe’s; UCF and Houston (to end season). New Home Foe’s; Cincinnati, BYU, Houston.

Play home/away- Kansas St, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Baylor, Houston.

Play only once on the road- West Virginia, Texas Tech, Iowa St.

Play only once at home- TCU, Texas, Cincinnati, BYU.

Play Baylor twice in 3 weeks with the road game a Noon tipoff, that’s awful scheduling.

Big Monday- 3 games, home vs Natti, on the road against K-St, Tech. ESPN loves to put us on the road on Big Monday due to Self’s dominance.

• @BeddieKU23 said in Schedule Discussion:

Pretty brutal schedule and I do worry about depth with the Morris bullcrap.

Non-Conference- Kentucky, UConn, Maui (which is loaded), Methzu, road game vs Indiana.

Conference-new Road Foe’s; UCF and Houston (to end season). New Home Foe’s; Cincinnati, BYU, Houston.

Play home/away- Kansas St, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Baylor, Houston.

Play only once on the road- West Virginia, Texas Tech, Iowa St.

Play only once at home- TCU, Texas, Cincinnati, BYU.

Play Baylor twice in 3 weeks with the road game a Noon tipoff, that’s awful scheduling.

Big Monday- 3 games, home vs Natti, on the road against K-St, Tech. ESPN loves to put us on the road on Big Monday due to Self’s dominance.

ya I’m with you , I’m worried about depth. Especially towards the middle/end of the Season. We know these games almost everyone is a dam war Keep your fingers crossed no injuries, I personally don’t think we can afford to red shirt anybody this year – - Morris has seen to that, gonna be interesting

• I’m not worried about depth. Bill will get his 6 or 7 main guys he’s comfortable with and that’ll be it anyway. I just want Morris out of here ASAP before he taints the entire season.

• This is arguably the toughest schedule I’ve ever seen. The good thing is you can lose some of these early season games and it not have a huge effect. I’m not super concerned about Houston. They are going to have to face the B12 grind for the first time and I don’t think they are ready for its challenge. The American is a decent conference but no where near the competitiveness of this conference. Feel the same way about the new comers in FB by seasons end, they’ll be gassed. Used to having a handful of games that aren’t competitive and able to rest guys. That’s not going to happen much in this league.

• The easiest schedule ever belongs to Minnesota. Missouri is their only game against a power conference team. All home games except one neutral court site. Hilarious!