Soo , now what's next in all of this ?

• Hey everybody , so now that for the moment all the College football realignment is starting to settle - - -what’s next ? - Good question Things seem to be heating up I’ve watch like 4 different podcasts just here this morning and ALL are talking about mostly expansion for the Big 12 and the Basketball side of things

1st , to get to this we were talking about the expanding of the College football playoffs. This year we are at what 12 ? - The most popular opinion is it’s just going to continue to expand. There is a lot of talk and we have or should have known , that there is some at least preliminary things going on behind the scenes people on the inside believe that BY will be given the OK to go ahead and explore his options on the Basketball side Talk is and now finding out that not only Brett but others are in favor as they see a time where Football & Basketball break apart and become their on identities

He they say might be in the early stages of his draft board , Schools being mentioned to choose from could be from the Western quad teams such as Gonzaga or San Diego St & from the ?East U Conn If they do add Basketball Schools they said has to do all with the geographic fit. - Talk of adding them and going to 18. - -3 pods of 6 Schools and then wait to see what happens with the ACC?

The general consensus is that sooner or later is that what your going to see is THREE MEGA CONFERENCES. that will consist of 24-25 teams. Now the problem with this is, with that many teams what’s going to happen with your non revenue sports ? - -it will be sad to see these Schools more then likely having to drop a lot of these programs. Yet bottom line is these sports are losing money , and that’s the name of the game unfortunately It’s all Money driven

Now nothing is going to happen very soon but Brett wants the Big 12 in it’s best stable situation for when the next round of realignment comes. - -There is talk of expanding the NCAa tourney to 96 teams, anothr reason he wants the likes of Gonzaga & U Conn in the league so we can get more teams in the tourney and therefore make more revenue in the sport. - Were NOT DONE think what you want. Sit back and watch this unfold it will happen sooner or later. The Big 12 more likely then not expand again to 18 teams.

• Maybe colleges will decide they don’t need 100 players. Pros get by with 53 plus a 16 player practice squad.

I would like to see more schollies in those non-revenue sports.

• @mayjay said in Soo , now what's next in all of this ?:

Maybe colleges will decide they don’t need 100 players. Pros get by with 53 plus a 16 player practice squad.

I would like to see more schollies in those non-revenue sports.

I hate to think of losing some of those sports. Not sure if it would effect Volleyball , softball and such

• I’m of the opinion they should have a different more geographically smart conference for non-revenue sports.

• So they talking about scheduling now if we were to expand, talking about going to 18 team in football and then twenty team in Basketball.

If they add two more schools in football names possibly adding Stanford & Cal or possibly waiting to add two if the ACC implodes. Basically the schedule would be you would play your rival every yr like KU/K State - then you would play the 8 other teams , then the following year you play your rival and then the other 8 teams.

In Basketball for the tourney you have added Gonzaga & U Conn making 20 teams this would be the 20x20 format

Top 12 teams would have 1st round byes - -then 1st round games would be - - 13/20- - -14/19 - -15/18- - -& 16/17 4 winners would move on to 2nd round havig an even 16 teams - -then 8 - -then 4 --then Conference Championship - -could be interesting

• Yormark said today the Big12 is no KI her in discussions with Gonzaga and UConn. He indicated the “dream scenario” unfolded for the conference and will add no more teams.

• @Gorilla72 said in Soo , now what's next in all of this ?:

Yormark said today the Big12 is no KI her in discussions with Gonzaga and UConn. He indicated the “dream scenario” unfolded for the conference and will add no more teams.

I seen that today. Saying the dream Scenario when the 4 corner Schools came to the Big 12 put an end to Gonzaga & U Conn joining