Hey Buddy dang you I’m still waiting for that Tidal wave lol

• @BShark said in Southern Utah Game Thread:

@kuballin10 said in Southern Utah Game Thread:

@BShark kinda a problem when playing basketball

Jalen, Kev and Gradey

Juan at least stepping up

This is awful not even the same team

Thank god Bill is coming back.

Thanks for the assist Norm, but don’t quit your day job!

• What a difference a year makes for Jalen, from DWI to driving the lane while ON FIYAH

• @dylans said in Southern Utah Game Thread:

@BShark said in Southern Utah Game Thread:

Jalen, Kev and Gradey

We’re 4-0 with a win over a Top 10 team.

• Jalen with 33/6/4

Bench with 4 points

• Glad we won, I’ll take the win but we have JUST GOT TO get more production from other then just Jalen & Grady - -thank GOD for Juan production tonight -I’ll take 13 from him everytime out

• This will cheer everybody up - Baylor lost!

• @dylans amen it was brutal tonight.

• @Jethro UVA was the much better team

• Osu lost in OT, Thompson not improved

• Self’s gotta work on MJ. A me guy.

• Next one Wednesday against NC State. Will have to play better than we did tonight

• @Jethro said in Southern Utah Game Thread:

@dylans said in Southern Utah Game Thread:

@BShark said in Southern Utah Game Thread:

Jalen, Kev and Gradey

We’re 4-0 with a win over a Top 10 team.

Yes KU is. I’m not gonna run Norm down, however, I am extremely grateful Bill Self is the coach.

• Hangover from Tuesday with our mind already on the Bahamas and no Bill on the bench. Today wasn’t a surprise.

• @KirkIsMyHinrich said in Southern Utah Game Thread:

Next one Wednesday against NC State. Will have to play better than we did tonight

I expect they will. Letdown game after a big early season win without Bill to chew on them. Poor Norm lost his voice trying.

• Bill will light them up.

• @Jethro said in Southern Utah Game Thread:

Bill will light them up.

Juando agreed in the post game. Love his brutal honesty!

• I’m not going to say anything about Norm’s coaching tonight because KU’s had plenty of games like this with Self as well. How many times has KU lost or struggled in the game before Christmas break or some other random non conference game either right after or right before a big game?

KU wasn’t engaged tonight and I really don’t think it would’ve mattered if it was Norm or Self on bench tonight.

• Just finished watching the game. A lot of standing around when the ball went up during this game. But they made the plays when they needed to. Harris showed he can score when teams take away the pass. Gradey continues to hit big shots and show the moment isn’t too big for him. Wilson is on a mission this year. Kevin had a rough game. KJ tries har but still isn’t a good rebounder. Udeh hasn’t figured it out yet. Zuby still needs to learn to set a screen. Bobby plays tough d but was mostly a no show on o. Joe made a shot I think? MJ not sure how to engage as a third or fourth option. It’s like he starts playing when the ball comes to him but not much before that. The transition from being THE guy your whole life to at best the third option on the floor with Wilson and Gradey out there has to be tough. Turnovers all over the place kept this close and a bunch of garbage shots falling actually made it interesting for a while. Someone lamented after the first two games that these games against lesser teams are boring blowouts. Not so much tonight. Just shows how good a team has to play to really blow someone out.

• Big big night by Wilson. Super star kinda night! Gradey and Harris as well.

Some very strange stats tonight. We shot 51% to their 38%, but it was still close.

We scored 50 to their 34 in the paint, yet they outrebounded us 45-41.

I wondered all game about our rebounding philosophy. More than a few times there literally was nobody in the paint to hit the boards. Was it Norm’s strategy to get back up the court as fast as possible and have everybody leak out on break? That was weird.

I think teams have figured out our screen and roll lobs. Gotta go back to class on that one.

Would be ideal if we had two legit shooters parking on the 3 pt line waiting for a kick out.

KJ was nice and aggressive. Like to see that from him.

McCullar. Well, he made some plays at the end. He seems clumsy with his passing and unforced turnovers. Hoping he gets more comfortable soon.

Ha, as I write this I’m watching the postgame…and sure enough Norm said the guys all leaked out from rebounding!

Still think MJ has to work his way into more minutes, and make the most of them for us to be better.

• Ummm…Gradey is freaking clutch. 40 seconds left…ahead by 1…3 ball by Gradey to win!

https://twitter.com/KUHoops/status/1593800122512691201

• 4-0 and on to the Bahamas. The coach will likely be fired up and, maybe not enough to wear a Speedo and hunt sharks with a spear, but an edgy Self can be dangerous.

• Who is the 3rd scorer on this team?

Juan?

McCullar?

MJ?

• There was one situation during the game last night and one of the announcers saw it and brought it up. You know I don’t think I’ve ever seen ANY Bill Self team where this happened and I swear hope I never see again.

This is where Southern Utah stole a pass or there was a KU turnover broke out on the break and there was like 3 more Southern Utah players trailing th play which turned out good for them cause the 1st shot was missed but other Utah players there to rebound and put back - -THREE trailing Utah players - - - Where in the hell was our KU players? - -there wasn’t a fricken one - - NOT ONE even in the picture - -what the hell the Color commentator mentioned it at the time he said- - -you got to get back dam. - -There is no excuse for that what soever. Hope I never see that again.

• @AsadZ

Juan until MJ or Kev get more reliable.

• @rockchalkjayhawk said in Southern Utah Game Thread:

Big big night by Wilson. Super star kinda night! Gradey and Harris as well.

Some very strange stats tonight. We shot 51% to their 38%, but it was still close.

We scored 50 to their 34 in the paint, yet they outrebounded us 45-41.

I wondered all game about our rebounding philosophy. More than a few times there literally was nobody in the paint to hit the boards. Was it Norm’s strategy to get back up the court as fast as possible and have everybody leak out on break? That was weird.

I think teams have figured out our screen and roll lobs. Gotta go back to class on that one.

Would be ideal if we had two legit shooters parking on the 3 pt line waiting for a kick out.

KJ was nice and aggressive. Like to see that from him.

McCullar. Well, he made some plays at the end. He seems clumsy with his passing and unforced turnovers. Hoping he gets more comfortable soon.

Ha, as I write this I’m watching the postgame…and sure enough Norm said the guys all leaked out from rebounding!

Still think MJ has to work his way into more minutes, and make the most of them for us to be better.

The rebounding philosophy was to have players leak out to try amd get easy fast break points. The problem is KJ can’t get a defensive rebound to save his life. This let SUU get 14 offensive rebounds and kept KU from getting out an running as much as they wanted to.

• @AsadZ said in Southern Utah Game Thread:

Who is the 3rd scorer on this team?

e86a9e13-5668-4452-bf3f-37f43aa2815c-image.png

Pretty big drop off after the first two, so far. Juan and McCullar could score at a bit higher rate, but I can’t see them increasing a lot. MJ probably has the biggest potential to become a regular scoring threat, from what we’ve seen. But he still needs to buy into the system and earn the coaches’ trust.

• @tundrahok I am surprised and somewhat disappointed that JY has not scored more. It appears that he still does not have trust of coaching staff.

@tundrahok I am surprised and somewhat disappointed that JY has not scored more. It appears that he still does not have trust of coaching staff.

Hate to say it, but Joe just does not seem like a good fit at KU.

Dude is solidly built, seems like a bulldog who could drive and bounce off other players at the rim. But he doesn’t. You can see he has quickness in the open court, but what else has he shown the coaching staff?

Surprised he stuck around, would be shocked if he’s still here next season at this rate.

@tundrahok I am surprised and somewhat disappointed that JY has not scored more. It appears that he still does not have trust of coaching staff.

He’s not a consistent player. He had the great run at the end of his sophomore season with Drake, but at the end of the day, he wasn’t a consistent scorer or shooter.

• @tundrahok MJ has a lot to figure out, when he does we get better!