Good Grief, Just Beat Iowa State

• @stoptheflop Huge loss especially given how much Lance likes to run.

• @BShark said in Good Grief, Just Beat Iowa State:

@stoptheflop Huge loss especially given how much Lance likes to run.

Daniel’s passes were mostly off today; really just an off day for the offense against a good ISt defense.

• You know what guys , no matter whatever it takes to win. Sometimes it’s ok to be a little bit lucky. Thing is TODAY our DEFENSE won us the game - -our DEFENSE ! ! !. - like they were saying on the radio

were not going to run into many if any tougher defenses then Iowa State today. Sure we will face tough defenses but doubt if much tougher. - It just goes to show that our defense IS getting better a little at a time, but they stood up today. Iowa State had close to 35 more snaps but the defense showed. - -It just shows we can win different ways, we can stay in a game/win a game without our offense scoring in the 40"s

Also like I hear sure this will squelch the talk about Jalens Heisman - but I but if you was in the KU locker room he is just as happy with a TEAM WIN then as a individual honor. No matter how you look at as even with the offense stuck in mud today - -bottom line is we FIVE & O Huge game coming Saturday guys

• @stoptheflop said in Good Grief, Just Beat Iowa State:

Yes, the KU defense won this game. The stats on offense are pretty horrific. Bring On TCU and possible bowl eligibilty.

you can give Iowa State’s defense for that - - there is a reason they are 1st in the league in total defense - - 1st in run & 1st in pass defense- -yet we still found a way to win

• @wissox said in Good Grief, Just Beat Iowa State:

We won a game. Not sure how Lance was outcoached. Our defense was coached marvelously.

I’m not going to say our defense coached marvelously today, especially in the second half when ISU was getting good yardage running that crossing route and converting a lot of 3rd and 4th downs with play. We also definitely got lucky their freshman kicker was awful today because we gave ISU several chances to win today. I would definitely consider this a game ISU lost more than KU won.

While I wouldn’t necessarily say Leipold got outcoached today, I would say that ISU made the better adjustments in the 2nd half today and pretty much shut KU’s offense down and moved the ball much better in the second half than the first half.

At the end of the day, sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good and KU was pretty lucky today.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 big pet peave of mine is people saying we got lucky, our coaches, etc. 11 points is all that team scored. They have a really trendy young coach who won’t last too long in Ames I’m afraid. The double doinks we’re both about forty yards, the last one nearly that long of memory serves correctly. The defense forces them to settle for long fg attempts. I didn’t like the punt call necessarily but it was a call that helped us win the game because unless I’m mistaken they ultimately didn’t score on that one.

• Has anyone ever seen officials take a second review on a play? Crybaby Cambell called timeout, then the officials actually reviewed their review. Is there any protocal that allows officials to make a second review? Crybaby Cambell complained about calls during and after the loss to Baylor last week. Somehow the officials have decided Cambell’s complaints warrant extra attention. I guess Campbell is on a pedestal now that some believe loser Nebraska has added him to their list of next-to-be-fired-coach.

• @stoptheflop I think I just saw that happen, maybe the chiefs game?

• This game made me think we have plot armor

• So, are we gameday next week?

• Going back to losing to TCU late last season in basketball our teams are on a 16-0 streak.

• -23 yards in our final 4 drives. Lol

• Victory! That was a comedy of odd things on the field today. Poor ISU kicker.

So was the opposing defense that good or did it seem like we didn’t really put Jalon to good use today?

Anybody know about Hinshaw? I honestly don’t know about his previous injuries, but from what I read it sure seemed related to a previous “rare” hip injury. Sucks.

And I’ll just say it (sorry)… Fans, please stop mobbing the field after wins. Just stop. Amateur hour. Injury waiting to happen. You’re better that that.

• @approxinfinity said in Good Grief, Just Beat Iowa State:

-23 yards in our final 4 drives. Lol

Bad ball comes to the gridiron. Just win, baby.

• CBS Sports is estimating that KU will be ranked #15-ahead of KState at #21. I need JayBaller to use his resources to announce the rankings ahead of the actual websites that I was hounding last weekend. Yesterday didn’t feel like a win: no second half points and only 3 first downs. But, KU is 5-0 and preparing for TCU and gameday next Saturday. RC, Baby

• @Jethro said in Good Grief, Just Beat Iowa State:

@approxinfinity said in Good Grief, Just Beat Iowa State:

-23 yards in our final 4 drives. Lol

Bad ball comes to the gridiron. Just win, baby.

Your right. When all things aren’t working good teams overcome , other phases step up when that happens. - - Yesterday the Defense stood up, not great but for sure good enough 5 sacks - total of 8 TFLS a couple of big time hits - we win s a team - -we lose as a team. It’s been the offense ,yesterday it was the defense- -love it

• @rockchalkjayhawk said in Good Grief, Just Beat Iowa State:

Victory! That was a comedy of odd things on the field today. Poor ISU kicker.

So was the opposing defense that good or did it seem like we didn’t really put Jalon to good use today?

Anybody know about Hinshaw? I honestly don’t know about his previous injuries, but from what I read it sure seemed related to a previous “rare” hip injury. Sucks.

And I’ll just say it (sorry)… Fans, please stop mobbing the field after wins. Just stop. Amateur hour. Injury waiting to happen. You’re better that that.

Iowa St. is probably the best defense in the Big 12 so they did a pretty good job of keying on amd containing Daniels. Daniels also didn’t have a great day throwing as he missed a couple of big passes in the endzone. Leipold also said during the post-game conference that he was intentionally more conservative yesterday because of how good ISU’s defense is.

• It should also be noted that Gavin Potter did not play yesterday to maintain his redshirt and has left the team with the intent to transfer after the season.

• Potter leaving is interesting. Seemed like a good player. Hope it goes well for him.

• @DanR said in Good Grief, Just Beat Iowa State:

Potter leaving is interesting. Seemed like a good player. Hope it goes well for him.

He was barely playing because of off-season upgrades at LB, namely Young from Ohio St. coming in.

• Anybody have a Hinshaw injury update? Can’t find squat. I’m assuming he has a serious injury but ya never know.

• @rockchalkjayhawk surgery Thursday, done for the year.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in Good Grief, Just Beat Iowa State:

@rockchalkjayhawk surgery Thursday, done for the year.

Gotcha. Crap. Thx

• @FarmerJayhawk career ending? To late to med. Red shirt?

• @Crimsonorblue22 that I don’t know. Not sure anyone does until they open him up. It’ll be his second year lost to injury so he could definitely apply for one. Which would complete his trinity of redshirts: Covid (2020), normal (2021), medical (2022). He could get a 7th year in 2026 if the NCAA grants the medical.