Let the slobberfest begin

• Bonus : when Bill wins his 2nd national championship, the Tucky rump rat’s noggins will explode. This will set off a flurry of neurotic threads on Rump Rafters on how Bill has more titles than the Squid. Delicious.

• @Jethro Now that is a delicious possibility I has not considered!

• @mayjay said in Let the slobberfest begin:

I have read many articles about Kansas this week. Not sure how you have missed them. CBS Sports, The Athletic, NYT, AND ESPN have all had features.

For those of you determined to feel underrespected and unappreciated, The Athletic’s panel of 11 alleged “experts” had most picking KU against Villanova (8 of 11), all 11 picking Duke over UNC, and KU tied with Duke (5-5) for the Championship (1 person picked Villanova).

We are so hated! Boo hoo hoo!!!

there’s our bundle of sunshine - - Good Morning

• @Zabudda said in Let the slobberfest begin:

@wissox

Lol. Like a child desperately seeking approval.

I don’t know what that means.

• @jayballer67 Let’s see, you think it is more of a ray of sunshine to cry all the time about how mean the whole sports media juggernaut is to poor little KU?

“…Crying’s not for me! Oh, I’m never gonna stop the rain by complaining!”

• oh little side note on how we ARE getting our attention - - lmao - -Wht did sports center have yesterday. - - hmmmm, let’s see - BACK TO BACK TO BACK NORTH CAROLINA DUKE GAMES AWESOME RESPECT -Let’s see now how many KU/Villanova games did we see ? - You remember those two teams don’t we? - they are those other two TEAMS are PLAYING TONIGHT ALSO. Oh those two lmao.

It’s ok you just keep grabbing that Duke ass w will just continue to fly under the radar - - forget we are the only remaining # 1 team - forget that the Winner of a KU/Villanova game has always went on to win the National Championship - - Forget KU is the highest remaining team in the tourney - -ya – you go ahead and play with that Duke ass - -were gonna be just fine. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

@jayballer67 Let’s see, you think it is more of a ray of sunshine to cry all the time about how mean the whole sports media juggernaut is to poor little KU?

“…Crying’s not for me! Oh, I’m never gonna stop the rain by complaining!”

LMAO - - it’s ok - I’ll make sure I buy you plenty of hankies , you just keep woofing you’ll be just fine SUNSHINE SUNSHINE.

you are my sunshine - -my only sunshine - you make me happy when skies are gery - -you’ll never know how much we need you , to make grey skies go away - -Happy Saturday SUNSHINE roflmmfao

• @wissox said in Let the slobberfest begin:

@Zabudda said in Let the slobberfest begin:

@wissox

Lol. Like a child desperately seeking approval.

I don’t know what that means.

The CBSSports showing back to back Duke games. Certainly nothing disparaging to you sir. 👼🏼

• Has anyone else other then me think it’s been a Loooooooooong day ? - - lol - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Seth Davis is a idiot

• Is that little satyr going to feint tonight?

• @jayballer67 said in Let the slobberfest begin:

oh little side note on how we ARE getting our attention - - lmao - -Wht did sports center have yesterday. - - hmmmm, let’s see - BACK TO BACK TO BACK NORTH CAROLINA DUKE GAMES AWESOME RESPECT -Let’s see now how many KU/Villanova games did we see ? - You remember those two teams don’t we? - they are those other two TEAMS are PLAYING TONIGHT ALSO. Oh those two lmao.

It’s ok you just keep grabbing that Duke ass w will just continue to fly under the radar - - forget we are the only remaining # 1 team - forget that the Winner of a KU/Villanova game has always went on to win the National Championship - - Forget KU is the highest remaining team in the tourney - -ya – you go ahead and play with that Duke ass - -were gonna be just fine. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

That was CBS Sports that ran both Dook games, big guy. The night before that, they ran both KU games. The night before that, they ran both Villanova games. And the night before that, they played both UNC games.

• @Jethro said in Let the slobberfest begin:

@jayballer67 said in Let the slobberfest begin:

oh little side note on how we ARE getting our attention - - lmao - -Wht did sports center have yesterday. - - hmmmm, let’s see - BACK TO BACK TO BACK NORTH CAROLINA DUKE GAMES AWESOME RESPECT -Let’s see now how many KU/Villanova games did we see ? - You remember those two teams don’t we? - they are those other two TEAMS are PLAYING TONIGHT ALSO. Oh those two lmao.

That was CBS Sports that ran both Dook games, big guy. The night before that, they ran both KU games. The night before that, they ran both Villanova games. And the night before that, they played both UNC games.

OMG I made a mistake lmao I know this much I’d be wiling to bet the farm that Duke/NC got more media coverage 4/1 compared to KU/Villanova bet I’m not making a mistake there lmao

• @jayballer67 And it would have deserved it. It was a huge game, and amazingly close. Brilliant comeback for UNC after going down by 7 at 41-34. You don’t like the ACC and Duke, but they have deserved monster attention since the mid-80’s.

Think of it this way: When Bill Self retires with 5 NCs, you would be very pissed if the undercard battle in the F4 got more attention than his last game were we to lose in our semi. Note: when, not if, he has 5…

• @jayballer67 Here’s a fun ESPN story about someone who really believes in KU:

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/33658557/final-four-2022-string-losses-mattress-mack-bets-33-million-kansas-jayhawks-win-all

(Note: it is about 3.3 mil, not 33. The link cannot have a period in it)

@jayballer67 And it would have deserved it. It was a huge game, and amazingly close. Brilliant comeback for UNC after going down by 7 at 41-34. You don’t like the ACC and Duke, but they have deserved monster attention since the mid-80’s.

Think of it this way: When Bill Self retires with 5 NCs, you would be very pissed if the undercard battle in the F4 got more attention than his last game were we to lose in our semi. Note: when, not if, he has 5…

Well I’m looking at it this way now , all that matters is KU is in the National Championship bottom line and I’ve now moved past this love fest with K and Duke, I also know this they will have prime seats to be able to sit and watch the Championship game but just glaad the guys still playing Monday Night

@jayballer67 Here’s a fun ESPN story about someone who really believes in KU:

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/33658557/final-four-2022-string-losses-mattress-mack-bets-33-million-kansas-jayhawks-win-all

Oh I belive but just had doubts & I also KNOW I wasn’t the only one

• @jayballer67 said in Let the slobberfest begin:

@Jethro said in Let the slobberfest begin:

@jayballer67 said in Let the slobberfest begin:

OMG I made a mistake lmao I know this much I’d be wiling to bet the farm that Duke/NC got more media coverage 4/1 compared to KU/Villanova bet I’m not making a mistake there lmao

It’s 10-1. I’m not arguing anything that you said- I agree 100%. I was just saying the games you were talking about weren’t on ESPN. I mean…ESPN tried to convince the AAC to go after B12 teams in order to implode the conference. That’s why I don’t worry about anything that ESPN says or does- no matter what I won’t be watching them.

@jayballer67 Here’s a fun ESPN story about someone who really believes in KU:

Mattress Mack is a legend here in Houston. He is one of the most generous men I’ve ever seen. I would strongly encourage everyone to go read about how much he’s done for Houston over the years.

• @mayjay and his customers who spent more than $3K on mattresses are hoping we win too so they get their money back!

• @mayjay I think Bill might retire in a slightly less self congratulatory manner than Coach K. I suspect a quiet “What a great season this was. I’m retiring.” Sort of the way Roy Williams retired. With class and very little fan fare. Coach Ks insufferable ego forced this one year circus where the entire basketball world had to kiss his ass repeatedly. Thank god he will never coach again!

• @joeloveshawks1 said in Let the slobberfest begin:

@mayjay I think Bill might retire in a slightly less self congratulatory manner than Coach K. I suspect a quiet “What a great season this was. I’m retiring.” Sort of the way Roy Williams retired. With class and very little fan fare. Coach Ks insufferable ego forced this one year circus where the entire basketball world had to kiss his ass repeatedly. Thank god he will never coach again!

Coach K’s approach invited the circus and ESPN was more than happy to oblige. The sports media enabled this slobberfest. I’ve been disappointed with CBS in the past week and especially the last 24 hours getting so sucked in. And when they weren’t tied in knots about the Duke-UNC game, they were gushing about Villanova — even after the loss. It was embarrassing how Big East-centric their perspective was.

• Wondering why the final game is at 9:20 ET on a Monday night? Being in PT I’m not complaining, just a bit late for all the East Coasters

• @StLJhawk said in Let the slobberfest begin:

Wondering why the final game is at 9:20 ET on a Monday night? Being in PT I’m not complaining, just a bit late for all the East Coasters

It’s always at that time.