"WHEN HE'S ON THE COURT, IT'S DIFFERENT"

• This is Malik Newman all over again. Except Remy has way more charisma.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Article/Remy-Martin-Kansas-guard-personality-feature-story-185260838/

• Quite a few fans are calling for Remy to start and get 35 minutes against Miami. We know that isn’t going to happen, but Remy deserves it. Also, lots of fans and writers are talking about Waardenburg and that KU has no answer for his 3s. First, Waardenburg only averages 9 points a game for the season. He does shoot 3s at 42%, so I hope KU defenders at least try to guard him. Waardenburg only took 9 shots in 35 minutes last game and 7 were 3s.

6’5" Sr. McGusty is on a hot streak scoring 27 against IState. McGusty averages 18 points a game and hits 36% from 3.

One thing to note, Miami had 0 bench points last game. Only 3 bench players were in the game for a total of 17 minutes and only took 4 shots. Their starting 5 is who KU worries about. Yes, there will be a lot of attention by the media on Charlie. I sure hope Charlie stays the Charlie we know and doesn’t become a hero today. Query: Will Ochai and/or Braun break out of their slumps and give us a chance today?

• @stoptheflop said in "WHEN HE'S ON THE COURT, IT'S DIFFERENT":

Quite a few fans are calling for Remy to start and get 35 minutes against Miami. We know that isn’t going to happen, but Remy deserves it. Also, lots of fans and writers are talking about Waardenburg and that KU has no answer for his 3s. First, Waardenburg only averages 9 points a game for the season. He does shoot 3s at 42%, so I hope KU defenders at least try to guard him. Waardenburg only took 9 shots in 35 minutes last game and 7 were 3s.

6’5" Sr. McGusty is on a hot streak scoring 27 against IState. McGusty averages 18 points a game and hits 36% from 3.

One thing to note, Miami had 0 bench points last game. Only 3 bench players were in the game for a total of 17 minutes and only took 4 shots. Their starting 5 is who KU worries about. Yes, there will be a lot of attention by the media on Charlie. I sure hope Charlie stays the Charlie we know and doesn’t become a hero today. Query: Will Ochai and/or Braun break out of their slumps and give us a chance today?

2 other factors that help us today. The first is we got to scout Miami fully. Because the Clones were their opponents, it meant the staff only had to scout one team, because they already have a book of info on the Clones. Secondly, I think good time Charlie gets overamped, and makes a bunch of mistakes. It’s the perfect gulp moment for Charlie- clanking 30 footers, wild passes, drives to nowhere, etc. I think Och and Braun settle down and are the difference today- KU by 8.

• @Jethro You underestimate Charlie Moore. All-ACC defensive team, and Honorable Mention All-ACC. 9 assists on Friday to 3 TOs, and actually (at 5’ 11") averaging more rebounds (2.7) than TOs (2.1) this season. Everyone other than our disdainful fanbase takes him a lot more seriously.

• @stoptheflop said in "WHEN HE'S ON THE COURT, IT'S DIFFERENT":

Quite a few fans are calling for Remy to start and get 35 minutes against Miami. We know that isn’t going to happen, but Remy deserves it. Also, lots of fans and writers are talking about Waardenburg and that KU has no answer for his 3s. First, Waardenburg only averages 9 points a game for the season. He does shoot 3s at 42%, so I hope KU defenders at least try to guard him. Waardenburg only took 9 shots in 35 minutes last game and 7 were 3s.

Hopefully Christan AND Ochai BOTH show up today - - all hands on deck – Ochai just needs to see the ball go through the hole a couple of times early , think he is missing a little confidence right now. - Get a couple to drop - you will see Oach that played so well throughout the year

• @Jethro said in "WHEN HE'S ON THE COURT, IT'S DIFFERENT":

Call it a hunch…a feeling…but I think we’re going to shoot better today:

https://twitter.com/KUHoops/status/1507817524431314947?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1507818006046560264|twgr^|twcon^s3_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2F247sports.com%2Fcollege%2Fkansas%2Fboard%2F103719%2FContents%2Fmiami-185211698%2F%3Fpage%3D1

Doesn’t have anything to do with this clip but I do believe KU just might have a better shooting day today – I dunno just got a gut feeling. - – OR could be something I ate last night lol

• @mayjay said in "WHEN HE'S ON THE COURT, IT'S DIFFERENT":

@Jethro You underestimate Charlie Moore. All-ACC defensive team, and Honorable Mention All-ACC. 9 assists on Friday to 3 TOs, and actually (at 5’ 11") averaging more rebounds (2.7) than TOs (2.1) this season. Everyone other than our disdainful fanbase takes him a lot more seriously.

Disdainful fan base - - I like that - - I really do

• There is nothing wrong with Charlie Moore - -thing is he just wasn’t a fit at KU - lots of players across the Nation like that - -players want the School but just doesn’t work. - Example Quentin Grimes - - he was terrible here , does that mean he was a over rated player /no good ? - NO transferred to Houston had a really good Career

Sometimes players just find themselves in a wrong situation or maybe just the wrong time. - Just so happens Charlie was here at the wrong time and then in limited minutes really just didn’t show. - Has done really well finally at Miami . I feel pretty sure Charlie will show today - doesn’t mean they will win BUT just because things didn’t work here that he is over hyphed/ or what ever All kinds of reasons players transfer

Hell look at Jalen L. -not a super player but a very solid player/role player here. - look at where all he has been - -Depaul - Illinois ? - - Iowa State now here. lots of moves - - doesn’t mean he isn’t a solid player , but to say Charlie is over hyphed and all just not true

• @mayjay said in "WHEN HE'S ON THE COURT, IT'S DIFFERENT":

@Jethro You underestimate Charlie Moore. All-ACC defensive team, and Honorable Mention All-ACC. 9 assists on Friday to 3 TOs, and actually (at 5’ 11") averaging more rebounds (2.7) than TOs (2.1) this season. Everyone other than our disdainful fanbase takes him a lot more seriously.

I wish I had a roll my eyes emoji…lol.

• Is this a budding Charlie Moore fanboy bromance? Why don’t you two get a room? LOL. Seriously, Charlie has played his ass off, and looks like the player I thought he would when he was with us. I also know a crappy game is in him because I’ve seen the 35 foot clankers with my own two eyes. So, I hope he doesn’t play well, but what I say will have absolutely no bearing on how he plays.