Sweet 16 Chat

• 🤮🤮

• i avoided nausea by proxying the watch with your thread. Rough. Duck Fuke.

• Refs had nothing to do with TT falling apart on about 5 straight possessions when they gave up the lead. A couple turnovers, guys going 3 ptr crazy. Then they tightened up again, but that was what killed them.

Love this fan base–when lots of calls are made against Texas or TT when we play them, we say it is because their hard defense strategy includes lots of hacking while we go inside. When they play other teams, it is always some anti-whoever-we-want-to-win strategy.

• @mayjay If there isn’t some conspiracy among refs than how do you explain KU not winning the championship every year? You CAN’T CAN YOU!!!

Real talk, refs in college ref too many games during the season and that leads to bad nights and games for everyone. But specifically, this season and tournament have been particularly bad when it comes to officiating. Every game has turned into a hockey game and to me it’s a direct result of inconsistent officiating. The exact same level of contact is a foul sometimes but not others. There seems to be a “let them play” mentality until it gets out of control, then call it tight for a while to reign it back in. This is not how officiating should work. A certain level of contact should be a foul regardless of time, score, foul count, player, coach, team, etc. But that doesn’t seem to be the case.

I don’t honestly think there is some conspiracy to get K the title or keep KU out but if you think there isn’t bias among refs, you have an unrealistic perception of the way humans operate. Refs naturally want to “keep it even” when it comes to calling fouls. We’ve been trained to believe equal equals fair. So if one team is in the double bonus and the other has 2 fouls, it’s natural to feel an urge to call more fouls on the team with less. It is also natural for fans to believe allowing it to get to that 7-2 disparity means things weren’t called fairly up to that point.

The truth is there doesn’t need to be any backroom deals or pay offs to refs because human incompetence and implicit bias are more than enough to get the job done. And successful coaches like K, Izzo, and Self work these inconsistencies to their maximum advantage.

• We better make sure we are ready. - Providence is no joke. - -some results: - Beat U conn 68-53 - - Beat Wisconsin - 63-58 - -Beat Seton Hall - -70-65 - -Beat Texas Tech - -72-68 - -BUT on the other side of the ledger - - only lost to Villanova by 5 points - then 4 points - -then got clobbered by Creighton by 27 - -& Virginia 58-40. - -just saying they can ball have beaten some quality clubs we have to come out and lay the hammer down, we let them hang around and it might not be good

• @benshawks08 said in Sweet 16 Chat:

I don’t honestly think there is some conspiracy to get K the title or keep KU out

I used to be of the belief that my conspiratorial thought was the stuff of the tin foil hat crowd. But with the sheer amount of money and advertising and eyeballs that are necessary to make the engine go anymore, there is most definitely a need to control the narrative to maximize that gain.

To what level that is I don’t know, but you see it with constant tinkering of the rules in sports, how they call games, the precedence given to certain schools in relation to the clearing house, the expediency of legal proceedings, etc. And who doesn’t like a good storyline in their sports? Throw legalized gambling into the mix and what you have is a powder keg of things ready to send purists into a conniption fit.

In all honesty, I think the powers that be often have their heart in the right place when they meddle with things, the ultimate goal to make the game “better”. I’m just not sold that “better” refers to the game itself, but all the residuals that come from it.

Last but not least, I think Duke wins the NC. It’s too good a story. After last night’s results, I’m even more sold on the idea. I hate that team with every fiber, but with Coach K leaving and having flamed out in the regular season and post-season tourneys, the fruit is just too low for the media to ignore. Oh, and with a chance to get revenge on UNC in the Final Four along the way? My God! What a ratings bonanza! 🤑 🤮

• @tis4tim Absurd.

• GO HEELS

• @FarmerJayhawk trying not to pick who i want to beat duke this year (though UNC would be pretty sweet, so would st peters). The answer of course is always “the next team they face”

Duck fuke.

Krzyuck Fzewski.

• @approxinfinity said in Sweet 16 Chat:

@FarmerJayhawk trying not to pick who i want to beat duke this year (though UNC would be pretty sweet, so would st peters). The answer of course is always “the next team they face”

Duck fuke.

Krzyuck Fzewski.

Amen brother. Not picky in the slightest

• Well, our game Sunday will be very different depending on who wins. ISU as we know elite defensively, bad offensively. Miami is the opposite. Don’t think Dave could get many minutes against Miami…

• My 11 year old has the first of pssibly 4 bball games in a tournament tomorrow at 8am. $15 admission for all spectators over 5 years old. Shit aint right.

My 11 year old has the first of pssibly 4 bball games in a tournament tomorrow at 8am. $15 admission for all spectators over 5. Shit aint right.

Wow. Insane

• @approxinfinity damn! Can’t take the family. Write a letter.

• @Crimsonorblue22 i dont know i mean its 8am so i wasnt taking anyone anyway. Just had no idea it was like this at age 11

My 11 year old has the first of pssibly 4 bball games in a tournament tomorrow at 8am. $15 admission for all spectators over 5 years old. Shit aint right.

Damn sounds like MAYB ish from back in the day

• Heels are out of gas

• @FarmerJayhawk said in Sweet 16 Chat:

Heels are out of gas

MAYBE NOT

• CALEB LOVE MY GOD

• Yeah Caleb in his bag. Unreal confidence

• Looks like a dook UNC FF

• I take back everything mean I ever said about Hubert Davis. Sorry Hubert.

• @FarmerJayhawk

Yeah earning his keep fast

• Unless Iowa St makes about 10 shots in a row hard to see a comeback. They are awful on offense

• See ya Sunday canes