We have a game tomorrow preview

• Monday sucked. Tuesday might have been worse dealing with the defeat. I don’t know about you but the Big Monday late games that start at 9 pm (east coast for me) or 8pm CT, or whatever it is time zone everyone lives in takes a toll. I’m amped up all day for the game. And after its over how does anyone just keel over 5 minutes later and go to sleep? Not with this Jayhawk group this year, nail biters is all we know. Monday didn’t end well but it wasn’t nearly as bad as post Kentucky was or after the Texas Tech game. I thought we did play well enough to win. I’ll take that small victory.

Look we all knew that the Baylor game was awesome sauce and that the quick turnaround on the road against a ranked team with a nuisance coach could be problematic. Did we have a letdown? I’m not sure we did. We sure as heck competed and performed well enough to win but end of both halves the execution for some reason just wasn’t there. Beard had a game plan to take Ochai out of the game and it worked for the most part. Ochai might have taken himself out of the game a little bit imo but besides that Beard’s plan limited Agbaji well below his quota. Kudos to a good coach for having a plan and having a player in Ramey who could be a Marcus Garrett for a game.

Let’s talk about the officiating for a second. Perhaps the biggest reason why KU had things go against them. I can just imagine the frustration from both sides as your playing through a game where there’s more fouls called then minutes played (42). Perhaps if they called some things on both sides that seemed to cross the line of play-on vs foul they could have hit the magic jackpot number 50 and collected a 5 dollar gift card to ‘Idontknowhowtodomyjob.com’. That crew made the game all about themselves. It’s hard enough to win on the road as it is but when the ref’s make the game more difficult to have any kind of rhythm your just fighting a losing battle. Execution was KU’s downfall but I think the reason they got that poor execution was because of the crap environment the officiating created. Perhaps I’m alone here but games like this from an officiating standpoint should be exhibit A for review at the higher levels.

Switching gears we get to play in Allen Fieldhouse on Saturday and that’s always good for everyone’s soul. Oklahoma gave us one heck of a tussle in the first matchup and now they come into this game riding momentum after handing Texas Tech a 15 point drubbing. I didn’t watch the game but the box score says Umoja Gibson had his super bowl game with 30 (43%) of the teams points and 8 3’s. He’s from Waco so maybe he imagined Tech has those Baylor colors and he lit them up. That’s how College Basketball can go though, you get the one guy who’s hotter then a pistol and that makes all the difference. Hopefully Gibson’s 8-11 turns to 1-11 Saturday.

The game is on CBS FYI. I’m looking forward to a non-fran Saturday. I know he’ll be coaching up the Sooners from his tv. Stay consistent fella!

Anyone concerned here? I think we overmatch this OU team at home and roll. Rock Chalk everyone

• @BeddieKU23 We got 41 pretty terrible minutes from Dave & Remy the first matchup. Give me 15 minutes of Joe and a confident Dave and I think we route. I’m feeling a 20+

• @Kcmatt7 agree. If we didn’t have the game at AFH I would wonder if it was a trap game. Moser is solid, but we should win this one comfortably.

• We are going to win Saturday

• Ian Eagle and Rafftery doing the game. Will be like music to our ears

• Baylor doing to UT what we did to Baylor. It’s ugly already. And a dude on Baylor got hurt. Could be serious. It was painful to watch. 27 15 Baylor.

I will be watching (and yelling) in my she shed today. Will check in at halftime.

Let’s Go #Jayhawks Beat OU!!

• @RockChalkinTexas said in We have a game tomorrow preview:

Baylor doing to UT what we did to Baylor. It’s ugly already. And a dude on Baylor got hurt. Could be serious. It was painful to watch. 27 15 Baylor.

I will be watching (and yelling) in my she shed today. Will check in at halftime.

Let’s Go #Jayhawks Beat OU!!

like I posted in Non KU games - your leg isn’t suppose to bend that way

• Hate these 12:00 games. Just a little too early to start drinking.

• @jessejayhawk Hey, it’s 5pm somewhere…

• @jessejayhawk said in We have a game tomorrow preview:

Hate these 12:00 games. Just a little too early to start drinking.

not really lol

• @BeddieKU23 Good one!