Baylor COVID postponement

• Bummer and scary. Afraid this is the future.

• So, next Saturday’s game with Baylor is off too? I doubt a team can recover in a week to be healthy enough to play the next week. Jeez, what a situation.

• Some of them could’ve been out the previous week and will be done- ok by then. Just depends on positions and numbers

• This game is one of KU’s best chances for a win this season. New coach with limited practices due to Covid-19 could easily be a recipe for an upset.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 I suffer from the same damn optimism every year: Wow, we could win this next game if… . Then, we proceed to screw up the next game too. Rinse, repeat.

• @stoptheflop The cupboard was all but bare when Hatter took over. We have to rely on the run game as much as possible, play Mac at QB and try to eek out 2 or three victories. That’s, sadly, the most that can be expected. I mean, looking at the schedule, who can we beat? K-State maybe. Then who?

• @Texas-Hawk-10 Hey #10, I know you’re use to my complaints about the pass down the line of scrimmage that never gains anything and last week resulted in the first quarter fumble. But, I see that we are once again using the pause handoff between the QB and RB where they stand together for a second to see who should take the ball. I guess you’d call that an option because the QB may keep it and run or hand off. What I hate is that when the offensive line is already getting beaten on each play by the the mighty CC D-line, that stupid pause just lets the defensive line get a couple more yards deeper into our backfield to easily blow the play up. I’m sure our o-line will get better, but do you agree the backfield pause by the QB is a liability now?

• @stoptheflop said in Baylor COVID postponement:

@Texas-Hawk-10 Hey #10, I know you’re use to my complaints about the pass down the line of scrimmage that never gains anything and last week resulted in the first quarter fumble. But, I see that we are once again using the pause handoff between the QB and RB where they stand together for a second to see who should take the ball. I guess you’d call that an option because the QB may keep it and run or hand off. What I hate is that when the offensive line is already getting beaten on each play by the the mighty CC D-line, that stupid pause just lets the defensive line get a couple more yards deeper into our backfield to easily blow the play up. I’m sure our o-line will get better, but do you agree the backfield pause by the QB is a liability now?

Not necessarily because it’s a zone read/RPO play. These are by design slower developing plays because the QB has to read his keys. The objective is make the defense be wrong in whatever decision they make in regards to option assignments and pass coverage assignments.

Because of the lack of practice since KU didn’t practice in the spring and had limited practice this fall, Dearmon’s RPO based offense is going to look pretty rough this year because it takes time and reps for the QB to learn to read his keys.