2022 Crootin

• @FarmerJayhawk said in 2022 Crootin:

@jayballer67 said in 2022 Crootin:

@FarmerJayhawk said in 2022 Crootin:

Hearing good things on Kaine Williams

that would be sweet if we could land him . S from Alabama right if he is the one I’m thinking of. - -If we could some how land him and be able to Swing Grant ? - -Purdue ?

I know they’d take both, but I think only one commits at most.

If only one – -probably Grant huh? - -well one is better then none my friend - - ROCK CHALK

• Kaine Williams off the board to the corn. Still have a shot at Grant. Some commitments should come this week

Flavio Gonzalez just popped for us. More on the way

Got heeeem

Football recruiting sucks

• Got one! Jarrett Paul, a DB from EMU via Rutgers. Should start

• @Kcmatt7 said in 2022 Crootin:

Flavio Gonzalez just popped for us. More on the way

Got heeeem

Football recruiting sucks

THE WORST

• Well we added 2 DB starters in 18 hours so that’s fun

Well we added 2 DB starters in 18 hours so that’s fun

DB room could be pretty solid. Gervin - Grant - Paul

Really feels like LL doing a good job in the transfer portal, but I don’t follow enough other teams to know.

• Jermaine Dye’s kid committed. I feel old.

Jermaine Dye’s kid committed. I feel old.

You ? - - lol - - now I’m old my friend

• I know I’ve said this before but gonna say it again. I think without a doubt that KU has finally gotten THE Coach w have needed for so long. - It’s just that every time I listen to the guy, just seems so self confident an really has THAT plan that we need making sure along the line that we as fans realize we have a long way to go - -BUT we are getting better.

The guy just ooozes class , I think he has a very competent staff and all seem very sincere in their job and how they are handling the guys and have these guys that we CAN be a very competitive team. They have these guys believing in their selves and that right there is half the battle.

I dunno maybe I’m just so starved for a respectable team that I’m grasping at straws - -just seems to me that there is THAT LIGHT that has been absent for such a very long time and Coach L has THAT LIGHT in his hand. - -maybe just me but that’s my take. I for one am stoked

• @jayballer67 said in 2022 Crootin:

think without a doubt that KU has finally gotten THE Coach w have needed for so long. - It’s just that every time I listen to the guy, just seems so self confident an really has THAT plan that we need making sure along the line that we as fans realize we have a long way to go - -BUT we are getting better. The guy just ooozes class , I think he has a very competent staff and all seem very sincere in their job and how they are handling the guys and have these guys that we CAN be a very competitive team. They have these guys believing in their selves and that right there is half the battle. I dunno maybe I’m just so starved for a respectable team that I’m grasping at straws - -just seems to me that there is THAT LIGHT that has been absent for such a very long time and Coach L has THAT LIGHT in his hand. - -maybe just me but that’s my take. I for one am stoked

He had me at 2 national championships 😉

• Well coming to the realization – no matter who the Coach is, bottom line is in recruiting for us at this point boils down to wins/on field performance / .Ku has done decent in recruiting mainly portal but now were kinda caught between a rock and a hard spot.

Thing is it’s going to come down to wins and progress to be able to attract more players in recruiting Coach has done well , but now we have to show, get some interest or more interest to these kids that might be on the ledge trying to decide between KU & another school on where they are going to land .Be even more competitive.

We have lost more then our share of in state players to that other school / Iowa State- -w have to make in roads gets these schools respect back. Our previous staffs have really damaged our relationships with a lot of in state schools and recruits - Time to take that next step

• I could not be a bigger fan of this offer. Could be done sooner rather than later. I’ve been pushing for it some, since full disclosure I have some personal involvement with Louisiana’s football program. McCaskill is a very good player (2nd team all Sun Belt) and an even better kid. Would immediately upgrade the locker room and product on the field. https://twitter.com/bhadda/status/1536865763008688128?s=21&t=Jz3uJ87i0LukY6uO9o10hg

I could not be a bigger fan of this offer. Could be done sooner rather than later. I’ve been pushing for it some, since full disclosure I have some personal involvement with Louisiana’s football program. McCaskill is a very good player (2nd team all Sun Belt) and an even better kid. Would immediately upgrade the locker room and product on the field. https://twitter.com/bhadda/status/1536865763008688128?s=21&t=Jz3uJ87i0LukY6uO9o10hg

what position does this kid play ? - -we got a shot ?+

I could not be a bigger fan of this offer. Could be done sooner rather than later. I’ve been pushing for it some, since full disclosure I have some personal involvement with Louisiana’s football program. McCaskill is a very good player (2nd team all Sun Belt) and an even better kid. Would immediately upgrade the locker room and product on the field. https://twitter.com/bhadda/status/1536865763008688128?s=21&t=Jz3uJ87i0LukY6uO9o10hg

Really good shot, he’s a LB. He’s tight with Rich Miller and Marvin Grant. Nice little Detroit pipeline we’re developing. Coach Simpson is gonna be a star.

Really good shot, he’s a LB. He’s tight with Rich Miller and Marvin Grant. Nice little Detroit pipeline we’re developing. Coach Simpson is gonna be a star.

Sounds good to me. - -On a side note Farmer , read an article talking about how Clements is torn between KU & K-State. Being from Free State and always being a KU fan BUT - - - what you think ? - - he a big boy

• Dean Miller in the boat! 4 years to play 3. I hope we redshirt him https://247sports.com/Player/Dean-Miller-46114610/

Sounds good to me. - -On a side note Farmer , read an article talking about how Clements is torn between KU & K-State. Being from Free State and always being a KU fan BUT - - - what you think ? - - he a big boy

KU or Baylor for Clements. He’s visiting KSU this weekend but they’re not really a factor IMO

KU or Baylor for Clements. He’s visiting KSU this weekend but they’re not really a factor IMO

oh , ok bud, I didn’t know. just ran across this article - -think it did mention Baylor as he was talking about getting away from home and finding himself. Yet he also said how many times he had been to KU being so close, think his commit to where ever is a ways off yeet though nothing soon

Update on McCaskill. He’s visiting this weekend and if he leaves it’s only to pack his stuff and move to Lawrence.

Update on McCaskill. He’s visiting this weekend and if he leaves it’s only to pack his stuff and move to Lawrence.

Update: GOT HEEEEEM

Update: GOT HEEEEEM

I seen that - Big time get - - our linebacking group gonna look A LOT different

• Grabbed the ironically named Dominick Puni, a 6’6 320 pound tackle from UCM. He hasn’t played in a couple years (injury last year, no MIAA season in 2020) but did start every game for them at LT in 2019. 3 years to play 2. Wild thing is he committed in March and just… didn’t tell anyone

Grabbed the ironically named Dominick Puni, a 6’6 320 pound tackle from UCM. He hasn’t played in a couple years (injury last year, no MIAA season in 2020) but did start every game for them at LT in 2019. 3 years to play 2. Wild thing is he committed in March and just… didn’t tell anyone

Newer too football, so my guess is he flew under the radar in HS. Hope he ends up being a contributor. Have to love what they’ve brought in. Between him and the Buffalo transfers, there appears to actually be depth.

" His junior season of high school was also his first playing football at the high school level."

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Article/KU-football-adds-Central-Missouri-transfer-Dominick-Puni-189588880/

• LT: Bostick Jr. (Super Senior)
    • LG: ?
    • C: Novitsky (RS - Senior)
    • RG: Ford Jr. (RS -SO)
    • RT: Cabeldue (RS-SO)

It’ll be interesting to see if there is any shakeup amongst the returning starters. I’m guessing not. So that leaves LG as the only spot open (which is awesome). The OL was MUCH improved a year ago, even if they weren’t amazing. But the really, really good thing going on right now is that they have a lot of young guys at this spot on the roster.

• Puni - 2 seasons to play
    • Gorczyca - 6’6 311lbs - 4 seasons to play
    • Kelly - 6’4 297lbs - 4 seasons to play
    • Eisenhaur - 6’1 303lbs - 4 seasons to play
    • Krause - 6’3 305lbs - 3 seasons to play
    • Robinson - 6’5 301lbs - 3 seasons to play
    • Sterns - 6’4 308lbs - 4 seasons to play
    • Satterwhite - 6’5 302lbs - 3 seasons to play
    • Martinez - 6’5 315lbs - 3 seasons to play
    • Reed-Adams - 6’5 320 lbs - 3 seasons to play

If I were a betting man, Reed-Adams finds his way into the starting lineup. That is a large, large human. But the point is that the OL actually looks to be in pretty good shape? Returning 4 starters from a team that was hitting their stride late and the other 10 guys have been in a college football system for at least 1 season if not 2. They should have 3 starters returning for the 23-24 seasons, and in theory if everything goes perfectly they could be returning a set of 5 starters for 24-25.

• Mercy, I’m tellin you what - - one thing for sure Coach L is loading the D for sure, I think this defense - - this team might just surprise some people. Some of these transfer people pretty dam good, this D has a chance to be pretty salty.

• We may not be done in 2022…

• Boom. Kobe Baynes, OG from Louisville, committed. 3 to play after sitting out 2022.

Boom. Kobe Baynes, OG from Louisville, committed. 3 to play after sitting out 2022.

Thats good news, if nothing else adds depth. - Read his article , knew it was going to be a quick decision from the way he was talking. Mentioned some Schools wanted him to wait until December which he didn’t want to do , losing a year. - -Said he didn’t mind being a part of rebuilding like I said we can always use more depth, who knows he might be a big piece