KU Game of the year.

• What was the best game of the year? I’m not counting losses even though two were close exciting games, well 30 TO’s against Puke is not exciting, but you get the point. I’ll list them in order as they were played so this is not my ranking of the 5 best, although my first may have been the best. I’m going to add another list or two during this period of being homebound so if you don’t like this list, another couple are coming.

KU 90-Dayton 84 High scoring, overtime, lots of lead switches, but they built it to 8 with 8 minutes left. Crutcher made a 3 with 3 seconds left to tie. OT was ours. High impact game when viewed through the lens of the entire season.

Kansas 60 Huggie 53. In AFH, this was a good early test in the league as WVU was ranked 14th. They showed it in the first half before we overcame that 6 point half time deficit and sent the Mountaineers home.

Kansas 81 KState 60 KU 62 KSU 58 Maybe this belongs in a most memorable category because we’ll remember this one for a long time as will Silo Tech. Otherwise just a domination of a normally tough opponent. The revenge game was a little dull but uneventful.

KU 58 WVU 49 Just like the 1st time we played them we were losing by 6 at the half. Marcus’ Garrett superb defense fueled a run to close out the game from a 49 all tie to the final score. WVU doesn’t make a FG in last 5:59 of game, but we don’t either after the 4:50 mark. This game really cemented in my mind how special this KU edition was.

KU 64 Baylor 61 HUGE win! One of us predicted the annual Baylor swoon right around this time (thank you very much) and we pulled off a nice semi dominant victory that was made close because we couldn’t inbound the ball near the end. Baylor was actually very good this year as evidence by their win against our weakened team in AFH.

Those are my five. The Dayton game is the game of the year from an entertainment standpoint. The 2nd Baylor is the most significant game, so I give it the nod as the game of the year. How about you? Which did I miss?

• I would easily say the Baylor game in Waco. I know I’m biased about because I was at that game, but we didn’t know just how good Dayton was at the time. Somebody can correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe Dayton was even ranked yet when that game happened. I believe they entered the polls that following week after their run in Maui.

If KU loses that 2nd Baylor game, does Baylor go on their mini slump? That was also the game where KU very loudly made their case for the best team in the country, national title favorites, and Doke as the single most dominant force in college basketball this year. Plus KU beat #1 on their floor.

Biasedly, I’m going with the second Baylor game.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 I agree as I said above. ESPN’s schedule shows the rank of the team when we played them, so no indeed, Dayton was not ranked. I just remember that as a very fun game to watch. Not necessarily high stakes, good basketball being played.

I probably should have put the last TTech game. We played very well as did they. We held them to two points in last 8 minutes of the 1st half. Nip and tuck 2nd half, sole possession of 1st was the result. A very good win.

• I just feel believe it or not. - - for me , I think I would have to say it would have to be the KU /Dayton game. - - That game was ON from the word go - -the excitement it that was crazy, and you could just almost tell that was a special game. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• It might not have been a great game to watch but the road game at Oklahoma where Garrett ran point and Dotson was out with an injury was a huge win. Really seemed to create that extra layer of chemistry within the team and Marcus seemed to take a co pilot role at PG from there. I’d put that one outside the Baylor, Dayton games mentioned above

• Baylor!

• I agree it was Baylor. Winning the Big 12 was a big deal. And finishing the season with 15 wins in a row. We haven’t finished that hot in a while.

But, the Duke game was a disappointing start and that Dayton game was lit! Super fun watch. True test of our grit.

• @BeddieKU23 I didn’t quite have the time to research every game! I knew there was an impressive win when we were shorthanded and that was the one. Thanks.

• @approxinfinity said in KU Game of the year.:

I agree it was Baylor. Winning the Big 12 was a big deal. And finishing the season with 15 wins in a row. We haven’t finished that hot in a while.

But, the Duke game was a disappointing start and that Dayton game was lit! Super fun watch. True test of our grit.

16 wins in a row.

• @wissox another one of us predicted the Baylor downfall as well…

Because good coaches get better as the season goes on, not worse.

• I was really looking forward to our Game of the Year being the 6th game in the NCAA Tournament. Ugh