South vs Midwest Region

• @Crimsonorblue22 said in South vs Midwest Region:

@FarmerJayhawk https://twitter.com/chasenscott/status/1237039244302004224?s=21 Not convenient?

They’re at a weird time of day and only one flight. Just United has a handful of different non-stop fights to Houston every day. Just checked SW again, it’s tripled in price since Scott’s tweet and there’s only one non-stop flight to Indy. Relative to getting to Houston, Indy isn’t convenient.

• Here’s what I’ll say about flying from KC to Houston. IAH is the big airport in Houston where most airlines fly into and is on the north side of Houston, but it is not that convenient to downtown Houston where Toyota Center is. Houston also has terrible public transportation and unless you only planned on staying downtown, you’d have to rent a car to go do any sightseeing here on the day between games because none of the tourist attractions in Houston are convenient to downtown even if you took and Uber or Lyft.

I can’t speak to how Indy is laid out in regards to tourism, but Houston is terrible.

My mailing address is Houston, but it takes me 45 minutes to get to Toyota Center on a normal day when I go to a Rockets game or concert at Toyota Center.

• Listening to experts, it sounds like KU and Gonzaga are the only 2 teams locked into a 1 seed at this point. Baylor is still in good shape for a 1 seed, but if they lose again before the B12 title game, then they run the risk of dropping to a 2 seed. If Baylor dropped off the 1 line, Florida St. would be the most likely team to replace them if FSU won the ACC tournament.

• Selfishly I want Indy. I can’t afford the sweet 16, but prices drop for the regional final, so I would have a chance on a Saturday to go to Indy from here. But, with the huge number of BIG teams, and quite a few BigEast teams as well Indy could have a decidedly un KU feel to it. We sure wouldn’t want Kentucky or Michigan St. in Indy. Dayton, OSU, or even Wisconsin there.

So I vote Houston. Texas Hawk 10 can go to the games, Texas fans don’t give a rip about college basketball, they most certainly wouldn’t put us and Baylor in the same region (would they?) and other than Baylor, what teams might attract a large crowd there? Houston is decent, but not sure they have the clout to enjoy a home court edge like that. SF Austin I noticed is nearly ranked, could be a bit scary, and would definitely have local support.

The team I want to avoid at all costs is Michigan St. They are coming together and looking like the team everyone thought they’d be when they were top ranked. They’re frankly the only team that scares me, except maybe Villanova because of our failures against them.

• I’d rather we play Creighton than Florida State.

• Self should pick the South but I bet he picks the MW.

FYI he has already submitted his choice

• @Crimsonorblue22 said in South vs Midwest Region:

@jayballer73 if he gets us tickets and has rooms for us! 🤣

LOL - -ya got to have him get tickets lol

• @Woodrow Why do you say he’ll pick the midwest?

• Kids in Texas, does that matter? Shouldn’t

• There isn’t one single team out there that I dont want to play. Seriously.

If we’re healthy, we win it all. I’ve never said that before.

Take it to the bank.

Healthy = 2020 National Championship

• @wissox said in South vs Midwest Region:

@Woodrow Why do you say he’ll pick the midwest?

i think when all the dust finally settles , KU once again will pick the Midwest. - -I think there has been multiple good points brought up here about us NOT going to the Mid West. I think the Mid West is going to be a Loaded Loaded Bracket with lots of fan base close for the teams - -KU will not have near the advantage - -But we gonna have to play tough teams no matter where so guess one is a good as another

• @wissox said in South vs Midwest Region:

@Woodrow Why do you say he’ll pick the midwest?

Just a feeling.

• Maybe our fear of BYU was overblown. Just lost in a nail biter to St. Mary’s.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in South vs Midwest Region:

Maybe our fear of BYU was overblown. Just lost in a nail biter to St. Mary’s.

Nothing more predictable then a Saint Mary’s/Gonzaga final… BYU is a good team, very efficient scoring team but doesn’t play much defense. Kenpom thinks they are a #4 seed according to his numbers…

• @FarmerJayhawk said in South vs Midwest Region:

Not really , still a very good team.Sure we beat them really early in the year but without their best player. I mean I’m not going to toss and turn and not be able to eat worrying about them, just saying there is a lot OTHER teams I would much rather face early then them, Watch they are going to get somebody in a 1st round match. - - think there is going to be some people who over look them. Then at the end of the game going to be wondering what the hell happened. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73 said in South vs Midwest Region:

@FarmerJayhawk said in South vs Midwest Region:

Not really , still a very good team.Sure we beat them really early in the year but without their best player. I mean I’m not going to toss and turn and not be able to eat worrying about them, just saying there is a lot OTHER teams I would much rather face early then them, Watch they are going to get somebody in a 1st round match. - - think there is going to be some people who over look them. Then at the end of the game going to be wondering what the hell happened. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

BYU should win their first round game since they’re probably going to be a 5 seed.

• @FarmerJayhawk Or maybe St Mary’s isn’t that bad.

• @KirkIsMyHinrich They’re not. Giving Gonzaga all that they can handle.

• @KirkIsMyHinrich said in South vs Midwest Region:

@FarmerJayhawk Or maybe St Mary’s isn’t that bad.

They’re not a bad team, just kind of meh. Right behind OU on KenPom.

• BYU doesn’t really scare me, I do dislike playing teams we have beaten because it gives them extra motivation and a chance to see exactly what they did wrong on tape.

• @FarmerJayhawk hey Farmer, peace. We just have differences in opinion, is all. So, what do you think of Gonzaga?

• @Marco said in South vs Midwest Region:

@FarmerJayhawk hey Farmer, peace. We just have differences in opinion, is all. So, what do you think of Gonzaga?

I’ve got a sneaky suspicion, there was a thread or an article written by chase I believe about coach keeping mum about what Region. – That makes me think - -SOUTH. I think Coach believes there might be a few fans upset , so he not gonna say anything till after the Conference Championship. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73 Why do you say South?

@jayballer73 Why do you say South?

Just getting a read off other threads and things being said. We still have a very Solid fan base in Houston, have heard even though some in both ways – easier air travel to Houston more flights into Houston - - The Bracket in what seems to be a very popular opinion in the South wouldn’t be as stacked as in the Midwest. - -Feeling that not as much competition for fan base in the South as in the Mid West. - -Even if Houston was placed there feel like better circumstance of fans - -people just don’t believe South is going to be as stacked. - -you might be looking at Dayton - - -possibly Michigan State - -Maybe Kentucky and someone else just can’t remember who it is coming in the Midwest - - all of those teams Fans really travel well. who knows 100 % - but with coach not saying, just get this feeling

@FarmerJayhawk hey Farmer, peace. We just have differences in opinion, is all. So, what do you think of Gonzaga?

Sup my dude, it’s all good! I like that team a lot. Their frontline is filthy. Petrusev and Timme are legit pro type players