2021 Recruiting

• Landed OT Christien Hawks from lovely Norton, Kansas! I really like the kid. 4 sport athlete, hard worker, and from the good old MCL. Great pickup.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in 2021 Recruiting:

Landed OT Christien Hawks from lovely Norton, Kansas! I really like the kid. 4 sport athlete, hard worker, and from the good old MCL. Great pickup.

We have the makings of a really solid class , now we just have got to keep from a lot of defections. - -Dec 16th is still a long ways away. However wit this staff we have , I REALLY do feel like these kids are pretty solid with their pledges, I just think the type of kids this staff is recruiting really do want to play for the Mad Hatter and staff -you can see it coming , were going to get this turned around.

The group of the 2022 that we are in on are real solid - we just need to finalize the deal - -get some W’S on the field , the level of talent we are now getting is like and day between Beaty & Miles - -ROCK CHALK BABY

Landed OT Christien Hawks from lovely Norton, Kansas! I really like the kid. 4 sport athlete, hard worker, and from the good old MCL. Great pickup.

I like his size. At 6-5, he has the frame to add the kind of weight necessary to play P5. He will probably need a redshirt year to put on that kind of size, but he could be a very nice five year player.

• Saw where we got another CB pick for Alexander today from a Oklahoma Insider - -kinda leary about TCU - -hope we can land this guy - -believe he is committing this coming Wednsday

• Farmer - -what’s happened to our commit today - - still nothing, was supose to happen today - - - D "Marion Alexander whats the deal ?

• @jayhawkblue73 said in 2021 Recruiting:

Farmer - -what’s happened to our commit today - - still nothing, was supose to happen today - - - D "Marion Alexander whats the deal ?

It’ll happen this evening.

• I like the fact that Alexander played WR and S as a sophomore. That means he can run and cover, which makes him a good fit as a LB in the Big 12 defending the spread. He’s also big enough that he can add 15-20 pounds and probably not lose anything in the speed and quickness department. He could be a star if he develops.

• Well we landed Tommy Dunn , be interesting where they play him. - -6"4 - - 285 , listed as a DE ,some think maybe NT - others think they may take some of the weight off and reshape add muscle and keep him as a Edge Rusher , I think decent pick up- - might surprise some people. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Another couple DB’s this week: James Wright and Shad Dabney. Really stocking up on guys because you might as well given there’s not really an 85 man cap next year.

Another couple DB’s this week: James Wright and Shad Dabney. Really stocking up on guys because you might as well given there’s not really an 85 man cap next year.

I could be wrong but looking like the guys are really hitting the defensive side of the ball hard - - DB’S Safty’s - -right ? - - fine with me

@FarmerJayhawk said in 2021 Recruiting:

Another couple DB’s this week: James Wright and Shad Dabney. Really stocking up on guys because you might as well given there’s not really an 85 man cap next year.

I could be wrong but looking like the guys are really hitting the defensive side of the ball hard - - DB’S Safty’s - -right ? - - fine with me

For sure. Still looking at adding another DB and DE as well. Then it’s probably best player available/QB.

@jayhawkblue73 said in 2021 Recruiting:

For sure. Still looking at adding another DB and DE as well. Then it’s probably best player available/QB.

that’s good to hear. Think they are doing a pretty good job trying to get this defense turned around.

You know & I know it’s Coach saying it but he says he actually believes the O-Line can be better then last years, they listed the hgt & wght of the guys - -got some pretty big boys , got guys that seen quality playing time last year. One kid is like the 6’8 and like 295 ?

Actually think the offensive skilled in really good shape , depth at running back - pretty good group of receivers. we just need that QB - been a sore spot the last 2-3 years , although Stanley did Adquate job - Man hope Easter or maybe the Freshman we have this year hopefully will be able to get a firm grip on that Position. - - I just feel we NOT that far from turning the corner on this dang thing. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Ok guys, not recruiting but a question on numbers. Going to show my lack of knowledge here so looking for help.

Ok I hear and fully believed we were really short in numbers yet when I look at our 20-21 roster , we total list of players of 118 kids. - -So how’s that if we are short?

Broke it down we have listed on roster : Red Shirt Freshmen ( 15 ) - - -Freshmen ( 39 )- - - Soph ( 16 )- - - Junior ( 22 )- - - Red Shirt Juniors ( 1 )- - Senior ( 24 ) - - - Red Shirt Senior ( 1 )

So with these numbers how are we short I know the answer is pretty simple some one please help set me straight.

One thing for sure I think you can sure see when the new staff came in -looks to me like w are really young- - 70 of the players listed are either Red Shirt Freshmen - - Freshmen - -or Soph’s - -that make a solid roster building bodies making men right ? - - thanks guys. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Only around 80 are on scholarship and there’s some pretty significant class imbalance. I broke some of it down in more detail in the state of the roster thread

Only around 80 are on scholarship and there’s some pretty significant class imbalance. I broke some of it down in more detail in the state of the roster thread

so the other 35 are what then ? they having to pay to go to School no Scholi , or what bud ?

Only around 80 are on scholarship and there’s some pretty significant class imbalance. I broke some of it down in more detail in the state of the roster thread

so the other 35 are what then ? they having to pay to go to School no Scholi , or what bud ?

Yeah, they’re walk-ons.

Yeah, they’re walk-ons.

Thank you so much buddy , I knew someone could set me straight on this - that’s why I love this site , someone doesn’t know the answer - -you’ll find one.

Hey on a seperate note , did you get a chance to watch Easters last night. - -I watched the whole game, gotta say pretty exciting High School game. - If you did, what did you think.

I think he has a fairly decent chance to be a pretty solid QB. - -looks to me like he throws a pretty decent deepball maybe a little more consistence, - -BUT he had a very nive 2nd half I think sure he has things to work on but nothing that can’t be fixed - - maybe making some better reads , looking of receives , and things, pretty confident Pro style QB right ?

The big thing is hanging on to him - -what did YOU think ?

Yeah, they’re walk-ons.

Thank you so much buddy , I knew someone could set me straight on this - that’s why I love this site , someone doesn’t know the answer - -you’ll find one.

Hey on a seperate note , did you get a chance to watch Easters last night. - -I watched the whole game, gotta say pretty exciting High School game. - If you did, what did you think.

I think he has a fairly decent chance to be a pretty solid QB. - -looks to me like he throws a pretty decent deepball maybe a little more consistence, - -BUT he had a very nive 2nd half I think sure he has things to work on but nothing that can’t be fixed - - maybe making some better reads , looking of receives , and things, pretty confident Pro style QB right ?

The big thing is hanging on to him - -what did YOU think ?

No problem!

I watched the first half. He’s got a decent arm and good deep touch. I didn’t love his footwork or short accuracy. I think those are somewhat correctable. I think he’s solid on KU, but I don’t know if KU is solid on him. I think we’d take another QB in a heartbeat if there was another one out there. We tried to get Landon Rodgers a month or so ago before he committed again to Arkansas.

• This isn’t concerning our 2021 recruiting guys BUT is football related.

Kinda bummed today , confused/frustrated. This has to do with football & the COVID -19 BUT not College. It’s Kansas High School football.

I just want to voice my opinion/view and I could be wrong , I could be dead wrong and I can accept that. I myself am not saying that I’m100 % Right BUT.

OK, So I heard last night and then again this morning - - just another case with how the COVID-19 is affecting high school football here in Kansas. The KSHAA had been looking at making teams more their seasons to spring. Yet I think they left it to the individual districts. - - Well her it is , Wichita Schools had voted to Cancel all fall sports and play in the spring because of the COVID - - OK might be best.

Well- - - -guess what ? - -they overturned that decision and are NOW playing this fall. I MYSELF - - - think this could be a Big Mistake , a bad decision , might be like screwing with a keg of dynamite. - -This is where I could very well be wrong. But I just think they are messing with fire. with the COVID running so rampant.

They overturned their decision they said after 1000’s of E-mails and Messages from parents, kids and such almost demanding to let the kids play. - -I get it - -I really do , I can see their point. for some it’s their last year of high school ball - -the last chance for the parents to see their babies play - - -so I get it – BUT I also think it’s also kind of selfish on their part - - it only takes ONE - - -ONE positive test from a player and this thing will spread like wild fire , like that’s exactly what we need. - Again I could be wrong and it’s just that random though and opinion , there is no winner in this thing. - - Guess we just better hope this doesn’t backfire on these kids - -again it’s not all about just YOU. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Certainly an interesting finding. Nothing causal yet, but the association is eye-opening. Would like to see a control group of non-infected student athletes to get a baseline comparison.

• @Crimsonorblue22 said in 2021 Recruiting:

@FarmerJayhawk wow!

I’m just glad the numbers were much lower than they originally reported!