Seventh Woods

• Seventh Woods Transferring from UNC, I think we could really use him. Would love to know what you guys think

• CoreyBill said:

Seventh Woods Transferring from UNC, I think we could really use him. Would love to know what you guys think

Cant shoot tho. We have plenty of those already

• What about from a pg depth/athleticism standpoint?

• Also he shot 40% from 3 last year. Better than our shooting guards. Granted that was 4/10 so the sample size is small. I don’t know. Always liked him. We recruited the hell out of him coming out of high school

• Nope, stay far away…

• @Marco why?

Freshman year was green behind Joel berry

Sophomore year injured,

Junior year behind maybe one of 3 pgs better than Dotson, Coby White

So what’s the problem? Please clarify

• Welcome @CoreyBill

To make sure it’s you…DO YOU HATE ARIZONA?

• You know I do! I’m back baby!

• CoreyBill said:

You know I do! I’m back baby!

Lol I remember that from way back in the day. Still gonna be on your gravestone?

I’d take Seventh for depth as long as he’s a grad transfer. He’s a good ballhandler, defender, and passer. Good locker room guy too. Just can’t shoot a lick.

• @FarmerJayhawk Hahaha I forgot about that. Here lies coreybill hahaha.

I would say take him. He’s bigger and better than Charlie Moore that’s for sure

• He’s not a grad transfer and is a pretty big bust for a top 50 recruit. He’s never averaged more than 10 mpg. This would be a hard pass for someone who would have to sit a year to only play one. He needs to go to a mid major school to finish out his career.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 this is better than a generic no. Appreciated. Doubt he wants to leave unc and come be a backup here either. Just a memorable name. I live in Greensboro and UNC fans here actually speak pretty highly of him. I see him going the MM route as well… there had been some speculation that he could graduate over the summer and be immediately available as well.

• CoreyBill said:

@FarmerJayhawk Hahaha I forgot about that. Here lies coreybill hahaha.

I would say take him. He’s bigger and better than Charlie Moore that’s for sure

that’s not saying much

• Texas Hawk 10 said:

He’s not a grad transfer and is a pretty big bust for a top 50 recruit. He’s never averaged more than 10 mpg. This would be a hard pass for someone who would have to sit a year to only play one. He needs to go to a mid major school to finish out his career.

Agree - - we do not need a bigger Charlie Moore - -stay away from this

• jayballer73 said:

Texas Hawk 10 said:

He’s not a grad transfer and is a pretty big bust for a top 50 recruit. He’s never averaged more than 10 mpg. This would be a hard pass for someone who would have to sit a year to only play one. He needs to go to a mid major school to finish out his career.

Agree - - we do not need a bigger Charlie Moore - -stay away from this

Unless he is tried, true, and proven…PASS

• @CoreyBill Because we’re going to have Hampton and McBride, and we need shooters not drivers.

• Alright. Good points all around. I’m sure he’ll be a star playing at UNCG in 2021.

To those of you I haven’t talked to in awhile, I am feeling pretty pessimistic about our next squad. We have some pretty amazing pieces but also have some glaring holes. @marco you seem confident about Hampton which excites the bejesus out of me but where do you get that confidence? I’m clearly out of the loop.

Would be super stoked to land him, grimes stays the hell away, Dotson returns with some good draft feedback, and to see big jumps from Big Mac and Ochai… along with Dok adopting the granny shot free throw style. That’s it for me everyone. Good to be back. Have a wonderful night to all of you

• @CoreyBill All of the tea leaves just seem to be pointing in that direction, Hampton reclassifying and coming to KU. I don’t, unlike many or most others, believe that Dotson can vastly improve his draft stock by coming back for a year or two, or even three. Look at the great careers that Frank and Devonte had - in Mason’s case a National Player of the Year campaign his senior season - yet they were both only second round picks. I say if Dotson wants to go then let him go, don’t need him coming back and jacking up threes thinking that it would improve his draft stock when in reality it probably would not make much of a difference.

• @Marco I disagree with you about everything re: Dotson. But I think you make good points, and you could be right.

I do think he returns and I do think we need him.

• @Marco I’m not sure dot is doing this to leave us, but to find out info. All good for him and us.

• CoreyBill said:

What about from a pg depth/athleticism standpoint?

Correct me if I’m wrong here but is Seventh anywhere near the athlete he was in HS at this point? I think his injuries over the years have limited what he is now. That’s what I saw this year from him but I could be wrong.

I was also assuming he was a grad transfer but it looks like he’s a sit-and play option. My assumption of him potentially coming to KU was that KU doesn’t need players that have a glaring weakness (shooting) in their game. We have plenty of those already.

We do however need a running mate for Dotson- someone like Matt Mooney who completely transformed Texas Tech’s team last year after they lost their do it all PG Keenan Evans and returned a young PG Moretti. Mooney took tremendous pressure off Moretti all season long and that’s what Self needs to find for Dotson. Grimes wasn’t capable of doing that for this past years team for a laundry list of reasons. If Self finds the right guy then that takes pressure off the staff to rely on McBride as a freshman. McBride is someone I have a lot of faith in but the best case scenario is Self finds himself a starter on the market that compliments Dotson’s game. I prefer someone who can shoot, not only shoot but has confidence is making plays. We need a guy that can make 80-100 3’s in the starting lineup. We don’t have one player returning capable of that.

Therefore the addition of Seventh Woods didn’t seem like a good fit to me.

• It is possible that Dotson is enjoying his time in Lawrence. Not every kid jumps at the very first opportunity to go pro, though we do see it a lot.

• @BShark

Can only hope there are any of those left. I think Dave is one but his development arc is different