Coyotes For Dinner - Game Thread

• Can’t believe they almost hit 90 tonight after that start.

• 30-7 run!

• Chuck will be in post game, huh?

• Dedric 16 and 14 on 7-11 shooting. I’ll take that all day.

• And when most of the national media sees the score, they’ll think it was a blowout just like Duke- Princeton.

• Tale of two halves with 3 unlikely heros, Chuckster, Big Dave and the Meotch.

• Nice game. They made us work for it, then we smashed them.

• @Crimsonorblue22 Charlie would be nice for a change in the interview. Dave did great in the quick postgame courtside interview

• @JayHawkFanToo the unspoken heroes are Dedric, Dotson and Vick. All solid.

• UH -OH - - ALERT – I swore I saw a BIG BOY sighting - - nope wasn’t Dedric - - - Wasn’t Doke - - It was yes McCormack. - - Loved to see him get some minutes can sure use it later important time on the floor. - - -12 points - - - 7 rebounds - - 2 blocks - -4-4 from the line - -and full of energy --good job big fella. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @approxinfinity

Garret was solid as well. All in all a good second half with good effort by all players.

• JayHawkFanToo said:

Tale of two halves with 3 unlikely heros, Chuckster, Big Dave and the Meotch.

Ya Mitch sure help in the 1st half - -we needed that -I think he actually led us in scoring and rebounding in the 1st half - -7 points - -& 6 rebounds - - -then Big Dave took over in the 2nd half - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @KirkIsMyHinrich - -That dam 1st half was just awful - -thank GOdD we finally got things going. - - The really big thing that disturbs me like Piper mentioned soo many time -holy crap how many times did we get back doored just crazy

• Nice to see Charlie and David get going there. I think Self ran with some odd line ups at times to get both K.J. and David is kinda why we struggled so hard at certain points. I really hoped Q would get going tonight tho it didn’t happen. He honestly doesn’t look athletic enough to play guard at this level so far, I think he has to be hitting 3s to be effective (MSU game). If he can’t by ND guards, he’ll struggle getting bye most in the B12.

• @DanR Lebron 31, Svi 0 Actually Svi has had a couple decent games for them. Glad to see it.

• @kjayhawks

Grimes did not have the game we hoped but it was not bad either…baby steps…

• South Dakota lost to Duke 96-80 last year and even outscored Duke 50-40 in second half. Their players in post game mentioned that they didn’t compete against Kansas like they did against Duke last year.

• @approxinfinity hard to read into these type games we knew we would win playing lousy as we did for about 32 minutes. I was definitely glad to see us wake up there for sure tho.

• The game really slowed down for Dave during that run. When he jab-stepped and drilled a little j there on a run out you could see he was thinking 2 moves ahead. He has the mindset to be great!

• @kjayhawks Quentin had several nice moves

• After listening to both of the Lawson brothers, kJ on ku sports.com interview today and numerous times w/Dedric, it’s so very hard for me to believe we were worried about their bad behavior pre KU. They both are very intelligent and speak highly of their teammates, coaches and fans. Dedric mentioned “loving” Mitch tonight. Kudos to parents and I’m sure Self has them buying into the team ball but they really impress me.

• @HawkChamp he didn’t have as many offensive fouls🤔

• Forgot to mention , you know you have to have several different types of contributors to make a team complete - -we have that.

You know Mitch – Mitch came and really helped the 1st half - -led the team in the 1st half - 7 points - - 6 rebounds , and you know Mitch taking charges - -getting a block here and there - - - THEN we have Marcus - -that can effect a game in so many ways. - -A Scorer - -oh no - -he isn’t going to control a game that way -BUT like tonight - - 7 points - -5 rebounds - - 5 assists - - -3 Steals - -& 0 turnover’s - - Dam you can’t ask a hell of a lot more from somebody like this - -held their big stud really down -took him out of the game. – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• I think this team needed this type of win tonight. It wasn’t pretty but we saw some good individual performances from guys who really hadn’t impacted the games leading in. This gives me confidence we can go on the road and get some Arizona St revenge.

Moore finally made shots and had some good energy besides some horrible D. Big Dave looked a lot more comfortable later in the 2nd half. Love his effort and motor. If they can get him under control as the season goes by then he starts putting himself on the map for minutes. I think Self has to find a way to play him because he rebounds and runs the floor as good as any big we have.

• BeddieKU23 said:

I think this team needed this type of win tonight. It wasn’t pretty but we saw some good individual performances from guys who really hadn’t impacted the games leading in. This gives me confidence we can go on the road and get some Arizona St revenge.

Moore finally made shots and had some good energy besides some horrible D. Big Dave looked a lot more comfortable later in the 2nd half. Love his effort and motor. If they can get him under control as the season goes by then he starts putting himself on the map for minutes. I think Self has to find a way to play him because he rebounds and runs the floor as good as any big we have.

@BeddieKU23: I ❣ Big Dave. I’m so looking forward to watching his development. To me, he has “KU” written all over him and I’m really excited.