Wofford College Terriers - Tuesday - 7pm - Channel 38, ESPN+

• wrwlumpy said:

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article222580530.html

Sorry, but can’t get to it. I’ve used up all my free articles with the Star. Can you summarize?

• @Gorilla72 Clear your cookies. The tracking software will be erased and you can start viewing articles again.

• @dylans I used to do that quite successfully, but some paywall sites seem to have figured out a way to defeat the ploy. KC Star was one. But the limits are per month (used to be 10, now @3 I think), so they do get reset eventually.

I don’t know how they defeat it, unless they plant a cookie that has attributes of one you would choose to keep, such as settings or something.

I haven’t experimented to figure it out too much. Star ain’t worth it since Joe P left.

• @mayjay I just don’t read that rag very often. My cell phone has no issues with the cookies. I suppose it has different IP addresses depending on the WiFi hookup and maybe network (different towers?) It could be they are storing the IP address at their server and cutting you off that way. If that’s the case a VPN software changing your IP address could help. I haven’t had issues, so I’m not sure.

• Doesn’t work for me.

• @dylans I think it is a McClatchy thing–our idiot 24-page-average (6 entirely advertising) local paper does the same. I cancelled my home delivery subsc when they raised the base rate to literally over $1,100 per year (includes nonoptional “enhanced” digital access). They claimed it was a massive 60% discount to offer me a rate of $40/month. 3 articles per month limit now even clearing cookies. Most articles are wire service anyway, and I can get local news on the TV websites. Can get comics individually, so eff 'em, I say!

• @mayjay The Star was/(is ?) Running a special on the online stuff for next to nothing. I didn’t jump on it, because the free articles are enough for me. The Wichita Eagle runs many of the same articles too.

• @dylans - I use an iPad most of the time. If I clear all my cookies, it creates a few issues (I have to sign in again to certain sites, etc).

I downloaded the “KU Hoops” app (which belongs to the “paper not to be named”). Now I have access to all their KU sports stuff. Same for the KU Sports articles in the LJW app. Good enough.

• @wrwlumpy - thanks!

• @Gorilla72 Hate losing my passwords too. Pain in the rump

• BShark said:

I’m predicting a loss on this one.

LMAO - - good GOD buddy you predict we lose every one lmao - -but that’s ok - -you just keep going on -to go one lol -you be the man lol. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• I have not predicted a loss every game.

• Wofford is for real a pretty decent team --can’t afford to just come out and go through the motions for 3/4 of the game and wait for Vick to pull us out every game. If we continue to come out and just sleep walk through 1/2 the game and then realize oh dam we need to get our act together - one of these times it’s gonna jump up and bite us right square in the ass. Actual the really SOLID game we have played was against Michigan State. - -I mean Grimes has lost all his confidence - -totally lost

Now there will be some that about have kittens wondering what the hell I’m nuts - but I’m telling you - -too Doke really is pretty much a very limited player , I’m not a Doke basher , just a realist I like Doke BUT - friends have talk with me and totally agree.

There is a reason why Doke came back , might as well face it. - -There is a very good possibility that Doke will never fit in the NBA ever. - -The thing is and he can get away with it in College , For Doke he is a very limited offensive player - - if he can’t dunk the ball - -he has nothing, he becomes more of a liability - -has no shot - - NONE what s ever - -his shot selection has be displayed in graphics during games - -not a knock - - just a fact. - -he is a bad fit for the modern NBA. - your modern bigs take the ball outside has some jumpers - outside, we have al seen how Doke is at trying to guard a big that can take it out on the outside. Doke is a big of the past in the NBA , he can go over sea’s and make money -but s far as here , seriously doubt he can make it EVER

It’s the same in college - again it a rim rattler or nothing - -you add that to his miserable free thro shooting -equals a liability on the offensive end -you add that to how we saw last year matching up when we play Villanova in the Tournament - bad combination.

It wouldn’t totally shock me if he didn’t come back yet again next year - -unless he just wants to go abroad and make some money -sure he can get a few rebounds - -but that isn’t gonna happen as much in the NBA - -on top of that , not sure if he has the foot speed for the NBA. - -or be able to keep up with the quickness the speed for a game in the NBA - -being able to keep up - -just don’t think he is facing a good pct. - -But even here in College - again if he isn’t flushing the ball then he might as well be sitting - they said he is averaging 4 fouls a game -again I’m not trying to bash the guy - -just being real

• @kjayhawks

I think they are equal players on shooting ability (Howard/Magee).

Howard though plays point guard which made it a lot easier for KU to stick Dotson on him which worked out that game. For tonight’s game I cringe thinking who’s going to guard Magee & Hoover on the 3 point line as they have collectively made more 3’s then KU’s entire team.

• Vick was late to shoot around and will not start tonight 🤦🏻♂

• Woodrow said:

Vick was late to shoot around and will not start tonight 🤦🏻♂

Jeez

• Seriously?

Good grief.

• @jayballer73

For a minute I thought you were talking about Shaq…😄

• Bill Self’s key to the game is defend the arc.

I agree with Bill.

• Woodrow said:

Vick was late to shoot around and will not start tonight 🤦🏻♂

Playing devil’s advocate here, the way Vick has been playing lately he can probably afford to miss a few shoot-arounds.

• @KirkIsMyHinrich depends on the reason

• Townsend didn’t act like it was a big deal on pregame radio just one of those things where it’s probably a rule and Self can’t bend them for the best players.

• @Woodrow 20 mins late

• JayHawkFanToo said:

@jayballer73

For a minute I thought you were talking about Shaq…😄

lmao - -almost lol