Cool experience for a Kansas Team

• WSU players had a chance to meet the president at the White House while in DC for a game. Nice experience for the kids.

No politics please.

• “… [Koch funded].WSU players…” “…meet the President…” “…nice…” “…no politics…”

Moved to Politics section. Sorry dude. This is political.

• @JayHawkFanToo That’s pretty cool, I don’t really like any politicians but I think I’d enjoy meeting the president regardless of whom I voted for.

• https://pics.me.me/if-you-dont-have-anything-nice-to-say-say-it-3762858.png

• I would get myself in trouble if I met Donald Trump.

• @approxinfinity Haha fair, I think he needs to tone down his ego and Twitter account at times forsure but I also think he’s a character and would be fun to talk to. Obama was a big basketball fan and tho I disagreed with the majority of what he did while in office, I bet we could’ve BS and shot hoops for a while.

• I think Trump is a raging a-hole and would not be fun to talk to. Agreed that Obama’s knowledge of bball was fun. I wish the Donald actually enjoyed sports and not trolling people incessantly. i don’t think he’s capable of rooting for anyone else.

Who else in politics is/was a big bball fan? Seems a rarity.

• Can’t get NCAA BB champs or pro winners to visit. LOL

• DanR said:

Can’t get NCAA BB champs or pro winners to visit. LOL

lOL - - ya wonder whz up with that lol. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @approxinfinity Ya I thought that kind of Cool too with Obama - -and when he made his predictions in the tourney. - -And if I remember didn’t he even attended like a game or two-- now I can’t swear to that but I do , remember him pocking games for his NCAA Bracket.

He was a more visable President - -more outgoing , then again their were some that thought he spent to much time involved being public with sports - - thought he needed to focus more on the presidency - -WTH? – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• kjayhawks said:

@approxinfinity Haha fair, I think he needs to tone down his ego and Twitter account at times forsure but I also think he’s a character and would be fun to talk to. Obama was a big basketball fan and tho I disagreed with the majority of what he did while in office, I bet we could’ve BS and shot hoops for a while.

I bet you could - -I was watching - gain it was I think dealing with ESPN - -But he shot a ball of couple of times - -at least he could shoot it a bit – Hell if you gave Trump a B-ball he would probably throw a Dollar back at ya - -knows more about his money then Basketball lol. – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Given the paucity of championship teams that are willing to meet with the president, it’s interesting that any team got through the door.

Maybe a little curious that the team that did was WSU…

• @approxinfinity

I disagree. The team was in DC for a game. Pompeo who is from Wichita and a fan arranged a tour of the White House, which is something most Americans want to do regardless of political affiliation. While touring the White House Pompeo found out the president would be available for a few minutes and the players had a chance to meet him and they talked basketball. The meeting was not planned or prearranged, the players indicated they enjoyed and it was a nice experience and the only place where I saw the story was the Wichita media.

No politics involved. I am sorry but you made it political. Disappointed.

• A tour of the White House is a great experience. It’s something that you should do if you get the chance. I have been in DC a couple of different times, but both times no tours were available the days I was free to go. Maybe next time. There is a lot of history around DC. Not just the White House, but all along the Mall. The White House is tough to get into now (for good reason), but the Smithsonian and all of the memorials and other museums make a DC trip worthwhile if you are into the history at all.