Hey guys I'm back - - -finally.

• Stress is a real killer.

• Take care buddy.

• mayjay said:

@jayballer73 Strange BP readings. Sounds like the pacemaker is a good idea. Do you think the car accident you posted about right before you posted 10 days ago caused a lot of stress that triggered some reaction?

not sure buddy. Although I had been having dizziness and light headed for sometime - just not blacking out. - -Am under some stress ou other daughter has been causing us some real issues - she has no idea what the word respect means- -treats her mama really bad verbal. I do know that right after I talked to her just since I was in the hospital my BP was bad enough it triggered the alarm. I don’t even know at this point. - -pace maker brought my heart rate up to in the 60’s real quick so that’s good

I asked the doctor the cardiologist sooo perfect scenario what the heart rate would be? - - they said well everyone is different but they would like a heart rate to be from the 60’s to 100. So along ways to go but better then it was for sure – Thanks my friend

• BShark said:

Stress is a real killer.

It sure is bud - - -it takes a toll for sure

• wissox said:

Take care buddy.

Thank you so much - -not getting any younger for sure - -but really AGE has nothing to do with it. an example of that is - -just to days ago received a phone call and a friend who was 38 yrs old - -driving down the road - - MASSIVE HEART ATTACK he reached over to a friend that was riding with him - -squeezed his wrist and said call 911 - -and was gone - - -jut crazy. - -Thanks for your thoughts appreciated for sure.

• I wouldn’t recommend teaching 8th graders in your condition. I have Coronary Artery Disease (medical term for blocked arteries) and wonder if a bunch of inner city 8th graders will do me in!

• @wissox GET OUT NOW

• @jayballer73

Get well soon, basketball season is almost here 😄

• @JayHawkFanToo Who knew that the off-season might be more stressful than nail-biter finishes in games?

• @jayballer73 Sounds pretty hairy, glad to see you back

• Glad to see ya back! Missed all your comments and opinions… but - are you typing one handed with your arm in a sling?

• wissox said:

I wouldn’t recommend teaching 8th graders in your condition. I have Coronary Artery Disease (medical term for blocked arteries) and wonder if a bunch of inner city 8th graders will do me in!

ya good luck with those those are the ultimate. - They did a scan of my corrated arties in my neck came back pretty good - -forgot to mention that they told me I also have a heart mermur and that I have some blood flowing the wrong way into my heart but said nothing serious - -lmao - -also another issue is I have severe narrowing of the spine and say that it is closing on my spinal cord but say it may never close completely or ever do any damage. - -ultimate worst case scenario - - deading of the nerves which as we all know that would not be good

• JayHawkFanToo said:

@jayballer73

Get well soon, basketball season is almost here 😄

ya I was afraid I was going to be stuck in the hospital for the 1st game lol

• kjayhawks said:

@jayballer73 Sounds pretty hairy, glad to see you back

thanks buddy appreciate it

• Gorilla72 said:

Glad to see ya back! Missed all your comments and opinions… but - are you typing one handed with your arm in a sling?

actually a lot of the times ya - - -having to use the old hunt and peck method. – the cardiologist said to me I am assuming your right handed right? - - I said umm NO. - I’m left handed , he says so do you want us to put this on the right side ? - -I thought to myself - - hell I don’t know so I threw the question back to him , so he said well we prefer to do it on the left side , so I said ok then let’s do it on the left side.

All I know is one of the tests they run was - - -NO FUN at all lol. - -they came took 3 vials of blood – -waited for 1/2 hour - -came in gave me an injection - - -waited for another 1/2 hour took a vial of blood - -then waited for another 1/2 hour and then took another vial of blood - I though dam great and sure felt like they were hitting the same vain and same hole lol - -got to a point wasn’t feeling great lol

• @jayballer73 Hang in there, dude. My dad had a a couple different pacemakers and they made a huge difference in his life. You’re going to feel pretty good soon. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73 good to have ya back

• @DanR thanks for that buddy. - -Believe it or not I actually do feel some what better already. I now I’ve got a long ways to go , it all takes time. I appreciate your words very appreciative for that. I do know pace makers aren’t thought of like they were way back when. I mean it’s a major thing but we have come such along way and I have heard nothing negative just glad we got this when we did. - -Thanks again - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Barney said:

@jayballer73 good to have ya back

thanks greatly appreciated . - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73 Do you have to avoid microwaves, or is that a relic from past pacemaker technology?

• mayjay said:

@jayballer73 Do you have to avoid microwaves, or is that a relic from past pacemaker technology?

you know I had heard that, and more then one told me that was NOT true at all. - the Cardiologist said absolutely not . they said unless you climb in it lol.

They did say that I couldn’t use a chainsaw - - I couldn’t do any welding - - drills things like that - -couldn’t use a lawn mower. They told me especially with the chainsaw - that the vibrations from the chain saw would give a false reading to the pace maker and it would then try and correct and would shock myself - -just because of the vibrations - -Wouldn’t want to do that lol. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Jackhammer?

• Barney said:

Jackhammer?

they didn’t mention that but ya I’m pretty sure on that

• @Barney lol

• Well guys just thought I would fill you in. Had my Doc follow up after my stay in the hospital and my pace maker they put in;

My blood pressure was a big part for the whole thing it was all over the place when they was taking it and doing the orthostatics ranging from – - -150 plus on the high side and then the big drop to like 80l50 on the low. - -Well it’s now back to 120/80 , so really encouraged with that - -pretty dam good

Then my heart rate when I was in the hospital bottomed out as low as 36 beats per minute - - they want you to be at like anywhere from 60-100 - -and now? - its shot right back to 72 – pretty good so, I am pretty happy. - my little ticker and some med they put me on must be working. - - WHEW lol. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY