If the Democrats take the House

• justanotherfan said:

I am actually rooting against impeachment proceedings (right now, at least). Any attempt to impeach the president would be seen as a purely political act at this point. Impeachment should not be pursued unless it is blatantly clear to the vast majority of the country (not just Democrats, but a majority of independents and at least a solid plurality of Republicans) that the president has engaged in illegal activity (not counting perjury).

I would support continuing the investigations because the threat of interference is a very real one, and tracking down those involved, whether it leads to the president or not, is of utmost importance to the nation. This is where I struggle with the Republican position that if the investigation does not lead to Trump, it should be shut down. The investigation has shown some level of interference. Whether that leads to Trump or not, that is a huge deal that should allow the investigation to continue to its complete conclusion.

The impeachment stuff is definitely a ploy. It’s another distraction so no one pays attention to how terrible the government really is on both sides. It wouldn’t mean anything anyway, the next 10+ people in line for POTUS are awful.

Speaking of awful politicians it would be nice to see Claire McCaskill lose, what a corrupt turd. Though there is no way to remove all the corrupt politicians ie most of them.

The best part about the impeachment talk is that Trump appears to be too dumb to realize that it’s all a smoke show.

Which brings me to my next point. How many people here know there is a war in Yemen right now? There really is! Look it up. America is even helping out. It gets so very little national news coverage.

• Oh and BTW, the Democrats taking the house would be a GOOD thing. We have historical data that backs that up. 1935-1997 basically.

Also, does anyone know what is going on with the damn tariff laws? Good companies have had to declare bankruptcy because of them. We need to see who is profiting from them to find out who was pulling Trump’s puppet strings.

Edit

As far as the first post from @approxinfinity I would agree education is in dire need of an overall. We also need drastic minimum wage hikes across the board.

• @BShark the cost of living is just plain too high, I think about how my My grandfather was able to raise 7 kids while my grandmother never worked, live in a good neighborhood and retire @ 59 years old, all without a college degree. Just about every family I know both parents work and they barely get bye, like my family. We are most definitely on a budget and have very little extra money and with what we are able to put away likely won’t be enough with the increase and inflation by the time we retire do us a heck of a lot of good. I’m worried that if minimum wage is increased the job market will suffer. We all hear about how bad kids are these and I’m not saying I disagree but who actually raises their kids? Mine are in daycare all day and see me 3 hours at the most everyday. They are too young to be in sports but if they do activities that time will decrease. So in reality is the cost of living an issue with kids as well? I think so. The problem isn’t necessarily capitalism I thinks monopolization and corporatism personally.

• @kjayhawks Human greed is the real problem with ANY system imo. That’s how you end up with McCaskill’s husband getting 131 million from the government and how you end up with situations like the Stony Brook apartments in Florida which just happens to be a publicized location of something that is happening around the country. Basically the “companies” that manage HUD properties take the millions and keep it for themselves instead of putting any of the money into maintaining the property. Classic exploitation of the poor. I could go on literally all night citing examples.

I would agree that the cost of living is too high. And you live in Kansas right? So it could be a LOT worse. You practically can’t even make it in larger cities with an even higher cost of living w/ a lower level income/job.

• @BShark Yep, almost smack dab in the center of our state lol. Ya the cities are crazy, my wife loves HGTV (ik big shocker there lol) we was watch houses hunters a few weeks back and a couple that met and graduated from KU a few years back were looking for an apartment in Chicago, the cheapest decent one was $400,000. She was a work from home soon to be mother in marketing and he was a CPA. I had no idea how in heck they could begin to afford such a place.

• @kjayhawks I will say this generation is turning into a bad bad bad savings generation. We are terrible at budgeting. And the numbers support that, unfortunately.

• Banned

• Banned

@approxinfinity

In the animal Kingdom. It is not uncommon for animals to kill their offspring that are inferior. A natural selection if you will. The Strong must survive.

Yet we humans will kill our offspring before they are even born, or giving a chance to live. Somehow we feel superior to the beasts will call animals?

You once posted a topic on being labeled into certain groups. Yet you Practice what you don’t preach. Abortion is a very explosive topic indeed. However it is not just a Christian thought, or religious one. Sure these groups fight for the rights of the unborn, but it is hardly just their issue.

Common sense and just human nature would say that as humans we must protect our unborn and just born, or we will cease to exist. Or worse yet we will become the very animals we say we are superior too.

China caused it’s own problems

• @DoubleDD Let’s see how your logic must go. So if we hadn’t recognized the government in mainland China in 1979, it would not be Communist? Taiwan would rule all those people but for Carter? Remember, the process of opening up relations started under the crook who made his career by Commie baiting in the 1940’s, Tricky Dick Nixon–gasp, a Republican! Recognizing China was merely accepting the inevitable, and attempting to cash in on a potential billion person market. The country was going to be Communist regardless of our diplomatic relationship. Redefine responsibility if you wish, but it don’t make it so.

• @DoubleDD The Republican think tanks decided they were going to court the Evangelicals and went all in on Pro-Life. This is ancillary to my point there, which was that the Republican position is the “me” position. Sure, some people such as yourself may be Pro-Life and not religious. I labeled it the Evangelical position because that is why it is the Republican position.

• Banned

@mayjay

I only gave that link as I felt it’s more suited to what you would read and respect.

I have so many more, but I wouldn’t want to bore you with independent and conservative think tanks. As we both know you would dismiss them without giving them much thought.

Sadly a condition of the human mind and spirit is to fill it with what we already believe.

• @DoubleDD You didn’t respond to what I wrote. The history is there. Do you think China would not be Communist if Carter had not made that diplomacy decision?

• Banned

@mayjay

You’re asking a question I can’t answer. Is not life a journey filled with different paths to take? To take one path or the other doesn’t guarantee a desired result.

I do know that under Jimmy Carters leadership. Russia was able to commit mass genocide and that China became Communist.

• @DoubleDD You didn’t even read your own article, did you? Just thought the link told the story? I give up.

• Banned

@mayjay

Actually I did. Twice in fact.

• @DoubleDD Well, then saying China became Communist under Carter must have been written by someone else who didn’t read it because it clearly states China was Communist-controlled by 1949. Of course, by your theory the USSR wasn’t commie until 1933 (recognized by FDR), and Cuba avoided the Communist label until Obama established formal relations. Forget those inconvenient 1918-33, 1949-79, and 1959-2015 years.

If you were not so freaking stubborn, you could say that you meant Carter cut ties with Taiwan, or talk about when China’s seat at the UN and the Security Council went to the Red Chinese. Those are different events from China becoming Communist, which appears to be a “fact” known only to you. Indeed, I literally cannot find one source besides your assertion to support your claim.

• Banned

@mayjay

Your wrong

millions die but liberals say not gencide

You can call it whatever you want mayjay but millions died under the Jimmy administration. Explain that?

• @DoubleDD hey can you qualify your links with a couple sentences as to what logical thought process you are using to derive your conclusion from the source? I’m not sure what I’m supposed to look at here. I need rails!

• @DoubleDD Very nice article, and well researched. Yes, millions died under Stalin. I was taught about this by every history teacher I ever had in both high school and college.

And with this submission, you obviously have won the argument: Stalin, who died in 1953, killed millions of Soviets, and therefore China became Communist during Carter’s presidency 25 years later.

I live in utter humbled defeat.

• Obama’s speech today was a pretty good one. I enjoyed hearing a rational, intelligent president talk in a civil manner.

Full speech here:

Note: Do not let the “CNN” label fool you. This is the speech, the whole speech, and nothing but the speech.

Things are heating up for the midterms with Obama’s return to the campaign trail.

• No comment

• @approxinfinity nice to have a no breaking news day president!

• Banned

Lmao

• Banned

@approxinfinity

You do know that Obama has a terrible record when stomping for other Dems/libs.

Oh never mind keep drinking the kool-aide.

• Banned

@approxinfinity

Ill give you the fact that President Obama is a great orator. Maybe the best since Kennedy. Reagan was good but he was a witty speaker. Kind of down to earth. Yet if you have a opinion, then so do I.

opinion piece

Also lets be honest? Giving a good speech is one thing, but actually doing what is right is a whole different thing.

link text