“We’ll play anyone, anytime” bull****

• Well Marsha has been proven to be full of crap yet again. WSU has declined to play against KSU next season in basketball. I gotta pretty good laugh outta it after all the crap he talked about both us and KSU not playing them. Even tho they ended the series we had with them when Roy was here because we wanted a 2 for 1 home and home to avoid spanking them in a roach infested Koch Arena. If I was Self, I’d call and offer to play them and when they decline, publicly say Marsha didn’t the guts to play us. Here’s the article: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article209979384.html

• If I were Self, I might offer to play them home and home this coming season, and then when Marsha accepts, hold a presser and tell everyone, “C’mon, I was just pulling his chain. We’re never going to play these low lifes!”

• Bravado vs reality is a beeyotch ain’t it?

• “The athleticism and size and talent in the American Athletic Conference, player for player, is a notch, if not a notch and a half, above what we were seeing,” Marshall said. "Most of the guys on the roster were recruited as Missouri Valley guys, and we were undermanned in a couple of instances against certain teams.

“We needed to upgrade our talent level, and we had the opportunity to bring in some long, athletic young men that we think have great potential and talent. Several of them not only do we think, but at least a couple are going to have to play right away and be successful for our program to stay at the same level.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article209846059.html#storylink=cpy

• Which is it Greggggg? Is it WSU is a powerhouse that would win the B12 going away or is it really that you were pimp slapping the MVC and the AAC is a step up from that with the B12 being another step up?

• Let’s not jump to conclusions. Does any one have a credible source that indicates WSU did not want the series with KSU? From what I have read, KSU wanted to bolster its schedule and floated the idea of playing WSU but then it was KSU that backed off not WSU. FWIW, it is all over the WSU sites, not that they are that credible and obviously the have their own spin but I have not been able to find a valid source that says WSU decide not to play KSU and not the other way around. Maybe it was really Weber and not Marshall that nixed the series.

• @JayHawkFanToo “ ‘We did talk to them, but they don’t want to start the series right now,’ Weber said."

From the article cited in the first post. Might not be credible, though, depending on your particular standards.

• @mayjay

This is what the KSU AD said:

A nonconference basketball game against Wichita State is starting to feel like a realistic possibility. Taylor said K-State coaches and administrators have been in contact with their WSU counterparts, and they are close to agreeing on a game. Maybe even as soon as next season.

“We have been looking at some options and some dates back and forth, but nothing has been finalized,” Taylor said. “It could happen next year or it could be moved down the road a little bit. We are definitely talking about a home-and-home and maybe a neutral-site opportunity. All three options are being discussed right now.”

The WSU boards are full of comments on how KSU started the talk and then backed off; fans seem pretty convinced this is the case.

• WSU boards I read said Marsha backed off.

• @JayHawkFanToo I am just kind of interested in your discounting Bruce as a credible source since you indicated none had been provided. I would think he is far more credible than fan sites!

• @mayjay @JayHawkFanToo is a WSU fan,The link I posted said WSU backed off and a creditable Shocker alum that’s in tight with boosters told me WSU wanted no part of it for atleast 2 years. It’s just hilarious to me about how much he bitched about not playing the other schools in the state, then runs from them. There’s a word or two for that ChickenShit and it’s not even debatable.

• @kjayhawks

For the record, I am not a WSU fan but I am not a basher either and while I don’t agree with some things Marshall has said in the past I happen to think he is a very good coach. If by not being a WSU basher you believe I am a fan then go for it.

@mayjay

I posted the statement from the KSU AD who is the person actually handling negotiating the deal. I don’t count or discount anybody’s statements, I simply posted on what I read. I agree that every other year in the last half a dozen years WSU would have been glad to play the two other big schools in the state, but next season is one where KSU would be favored over WSU for a change and I do understand if WSU would not want to start the series next season.

• Don’t see a legitimate reason to play WSU in the regular season. Maybe Bruce feels different but l don’t respect his thought process most of the time anyway. He does have a lot of previous excuses to explain losses to the Shuckers.