Penn Quakers - Thursday - 1 pm - TBS



  • 0_1520827592306_maxresdefault.jpg



  • 0_1520827610329_images.jpg



  • 0_1520827624528_6691501067_a561bb8418_b.jpg



  • 0_1520827643536_0516.jpg



  • 0_1520827663325_original.jpg



  • 0_1520827699103_penn-campus-istock-f11photo-940x540.jpg



  • 0_1520827716313_Penn-WHW.jpg



  • 0_1520827733875_UNIVERSITY-OF-PENNSYLVANIA-1000x500.jpg



  • Better be a Barbara Bush photo (bless her heart), or I’m out of here.



  • Famous Alumni

    0_1520827786111_collage.jpg



  • 0_1520827825908_collage6.jpg



  • 0_1520827861396_collage3.jpg



  • 0_1520827884340_collage4.jpg



  • 0_1520827917967_collage5.jpg



  • Can I haz a Ben Franklin at least?



  • 0_1520827938678_collage2.jpg



  • William Henry Harrison

    0_1520827959777_president-william-henry-harrison-war-is-hell-store.jpg



  • Graduate School0_1520828001996_time-mlk18-cover-front1.jpg



  • 0_1520828050080_636219920582817722-USP-NCAA-BASKETBALL-VILLANOVA-AT-PENNSYLVANIA-53147245.JPG



  • 0_1520828068728_011916-palestra.jpg



  • 0_1520828089328_collage7.jpg



  • 0_1520828118762_Capture.PNG



  • Many, many players.

    0_1520828131587_Capturez.PNG



  • 0_1520828168169_Capturess.PNG



  • @wrwlumpy I’m certain if we were playing Yale, you’d have a picture of Clinton and Monica Lewinsky, right?



  • @KUSTEVE Of course. Where’s Ken Starr when we need him?



  • @wrwlumpy LOL. Lefty never remembers the presidential hummer, but they always remember Ken Starr.



  • I ain’t quakin in my boots about playin these guys.

    • they only beat Harvard (who they lost to by 10 last month) by three to win their tourney and get their ticket punched to the Dance

    • our guys have shown they will not give up important streaks, so a 16 beating a 1 (who is also playing its best ball of the season) just aint gonna happen

    • our NPOY candidate is not going to allow them their first tourney win in 24 years

    • their Mormon 7’3" fresh center is one of the only Division I athletes that hasn’t played their sport competitively for the last two years. He admits that after playing only a few games of pickup ball against French kids he called “not great,” his feel for the game is rusty. Coming off his great work against Konate the beast, what do you think Silvio (and Meotch) are going to do to this kid?

    This going to be, as it rightly should and how Vegas predicts, a dunkfest filled spanking.



  • @StLJhawk The 7’3’’ kid probably won’t even play. Their coach says their best player, Darnell Foreman, hasn’t practiced in 6 weeks and is playing with a stress fracture.



  • Interesting fact. Quakers prohibit dancing. The Quakers might not be allowed to play?



  • “I told our guys, the thing about it is, from an academic standpoint, thank God we’re not competing against them in all those areas,” joked KU coach Bill Self on Sunday night.

    But competing on the court should just be a teeny tiny bit different.



  • @KUSTEVE Yes, I’m sure it was a good one and he was impeached.



  • Danny Clinkscale wouldn’t name the KU player that was upset about going to the lackluster cities of Wichita and Omaha. Apparently for two weeks he was excited about playing in LA at the Staples Center.



  • @wrwlumpy I guess I think it’s stupid to worry about what’s going on in the cities, most the time the players spend most of their day in the hotel room. I guess big lights are fun to look a lol, I’d say if a guy is so worried about that he has his focus in the wrong area forsure.



  • Dang it…I had them as the Quakers, then I second guessed myself and corrected myself. I then said they were the Friars.

    I also had @KUSTEVE instead @wrwlumpy completing the pregame opponent info.



  • @wrwlumpy

    Sorry @wrwlumpy …I was crediting @KUSTEVE for this info.



  • @truehawk93 I only pick the winner of the game- lumpy is our resident pre-game genius.



  • @BShark

    As far as I can tell the 7’3” kid has no played at all or at least he has no stats. 22 players on the team of which 18 have played. 3 players playing 30 mpg and 9 players with double digit mpg; they certainly seem to use a lot of players.



  • StLJhawk said:

    I ain’t quakin in my boots about playin these guys.

    • they only beat Harvard (who they lost to by 10 last month) by three to win their tourney and get their ticket punched to the Dance

    • our guys have shown they will not give up important streaks, so a 16 beating a 1 (who is also playing its best ball of the season) just aint gonna happen

    • our NPOY candidate is not going to allow them their first tourney win in 24 years

    • their Mormon 7’3" fresh center is one of the only Division I athletes that hasn’t played their sport competitively for the last two years. He admits that after playing only a few games of pickup ball against French kids he called “not great,” his feel for the game is rusty. Coming off his great work against Konate the beast, what do you think Silvio (and Meotch) are going to do to this kid?

    This going to be, as it rightly should and how Vegas predicts, a dunkfest filled spanking.

    Penn wouldn’t be dancing if Harvard’s best player and leading scorer didn’t get hurt in the 2nd half. He was having a good game as well. Changed the entire complexion of the game because they were stuck playing freshman at the position he played.



  • As I watch some of the conference championship games, I often think I could be watching our future opponent. I flipped past the Penn - Harvard game…wish I would have watched some.



  • Has anyone heard an update on Doke’s status?



  • @wrwlumpy Damn, no cheerleaders or spirit squad???



  • @joeloveshawks Just the article 2 days ago that he is ahead of schedule and might play Thurs. (I doubt it.) Nothing since.

    http://kusports.com/news/2018/mar/11/notebook-azubuike-ahead-schedule-eyeing-thursday-r/



  • JayHawkFanToo said:

    @BShark

    As far as I can tell the 7’3” kid has no played at all or at least he has no stats. 22 players on the team of which 18 have played. 3 players playing 30 mpg and 9 players with double digit mpg; they certainly seem to use a lot of players.

    How do they have 22 players? lol

    You are right though the 7’3’’ kid has not played at all. I thought I mentioned that before but maybe not.



  • @mayjay I did see this. I’m a bit surprised there has been nothing since. Although that may be strategic on Bill’s part.



  • Saw this on Twitter, via RCB: “The problem with people citing Penn’s three-point percentage defense. 1) studies have shown that D has little impact on a team’s three-point percentage, 2) Penn only played three teams ranked in top 50 of 3PT%. They shot 48.1 percent. Kansas is No. 12.“

    I have no reference for #1…



  • Gorilla72 said:

    Saw this on Twitter, via RCB: “The problem with people citing Penn’s three-point percentage defense. 1) studies have shown that D has little impact on a team’s three-point percentage, 2) Penn only played three teams ranked in top 50 of 3PT%. They shot 48.1 percent. Kansas is No. 12.“

    I have no reference for #1…

    Yeah it’s a cute stat but little more than that.

    There is also

    alt text

    And their Kenpom numbers of

    Adjusted offense: 205 Strength of schedule: 271 Opponents’ offense: 228 Opponents’ defense: 309



  • @BShark

    The Ivy League does not give athletics scholarships. All scholarships are based strictly on financial need.



  • @Big-Clyde52 Sorry. Thees two girls used to be at the top of the squad Pyramid. I’m sure that it was an earlier time.

    0_1521064943432_collage.jpg



  • Harvard gave that game away. They had a double digit lead, then went absolutely cold from the 5 minute mark of the first half until about 13 minutes left in the game, scoring only 7 points. Harvard totally lost their composure…


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to KU Buckets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.