Doke

• Unbelievable.

• Banned

Ouch that’s a huge loss.

• Couldn’t you have posted better news than this? At the very least, Sosa and LIghtfoot get to earn valuable PT, and maybe even someone like Sosinski?

• On the bright side, Doke can work on his free-throw form for a full week, non stop.

• I doubt he recovers in time to play in the NCAAT. Ugh.

• The staff fully expects ready to play next week in the Tourney. - -Grade 1 sprain whatever the hell that means. - -Says it’s isolated. - - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• He won’t be fully recovered by then. But we had Perry play with this injury in the tournament before he was fully healed as well. He never did look right. I think bare minimum we should at least try to beat the 15 or 16 seed w/o him.

• Season over. Typical of every year

• Well answered my own question on what a grade 1 was. - - -A grade 1 sprain is the least severe - meaning it’s a strain - - not a tear. - - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Stephon Curry took two weeks to heal from the same injury.

• Oh no. This is not great news. I personally can’t imagine that we have any shot without him if we make it to the 2nd weekend of the big dance. Hopes and prayers.

Get better big fella!!

• BeddieKU23 said:

Season over. Typical of every year

We don’t even get to pretend we have a chance now. Maybe Silvio shows out and this helps for next year. It’s not like prospects were great with Doke anyway but it still hurts.

• So, I guess not playing De Sousa very much might not end up being a wise idea.

• @BShark

No silver lining. Silvio doesn’t know half the playbook that’s why he doesn’t play. Kid had talent but now we have zero size or fouls to give. Should have known this will happen. Doke is becoming a injury magnet

• @BeddieKU23 I’m just saying it’s not like we were winning the title with Doke anyway.

• @BShark

I don’t share that view but now that he’s injured it’s over

• I think you might be taking it to the extreme. Thinking Doke season is over. - People thinking Automatically the end of the world. - -It’s not - -at least not yet.

I’ve got to go off what the Coaching staff is saying. – No where in the article does it say that Doke is finished for the year. - -What it DOES say is that they expect him back for the tourney next week - -so I have to go off what they are saying and not just Automatically bringing in a world of doom and gloom - -the old whoa’s me.

I mean seriously - -does or did anyone in here REALLY think we were winning the title this year anyways? - Be honest. - - If it turns out Doke can’t play probably an earlier exit - but not having him isn’t making a difference between whether we win the title or not - -People just need to relax a bit - -take a deep breath - -we gonna be all right.

Again I’ve got to go off what Coach is saying and that is he is not going to play in the Big 12 tourney at this point anyways. – So until we hear different - -I’m not just automatically taking and running with this to the worst possible outcome. – or as Aaron would say - - - R - - -E – -L - - -A- - -X. - - I’m not saying he will - - -Bit I’m sure the hell not saying he won’t - - Come on now. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @BShark Your right - - -chances are We wouldn’t be winning this title anyways – to many other better teams - -deeper teams - -mor consistent teams - -so agreed. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73 This same coaching staff said Embiid would be back for the tournament too, plus played Perry hurt against WSU (with this exact injury). Trust is earned. The typical timeline for this injury is two weeks. Doke might play while still hurt, but he won’t be the same.

• @BShark

Yup saying they expect him back is just a optimistic timeline. If he plays he will be playing with pain and the chance of hurting himself even further

• @BShark So true. My exact thought was JoJo and how that was handled. That said, I will keep calm and wait for more news before I get too upset about this. We have a full week before the Big Dance starts. 10 days if we get past the 15/16 seed we will likely play for him to get healthy.

• @BeddieKU23 If he does play that means he is at least allowed to make his own decision on it unlike Embiid.

• @BShark Or we may have to try to beat an 8/9 seed without him. Doable, depending on who it is, but certainly not a given. I see more zone defense in our future.

• BShark said:

@jayballer73 This same coaching staff said Embiid would be back for the tournament too, plus played Perry hurt against WSU (with this exact injury). Trust is earned. The typical timeline for this injury is two weeks. Doke might play while still hurt, but he won’t be the same.

LOL you kill me - – -I’ll take Coach what he is saying and wait - -They probably did feel Embiid would be back - -you think they just spewing out some BS? - -They can only go off what the Doctors - -medical staff is telling THEM. - -They can only relay what they were told by medical - - they will re evaluate Sunday - then see where he is at. - -Very well could say Sunday that he is out. - - If he is out - - then he is out. - The Sun is still going to come up in the East - -and still going to set in the West.

Like you said yourself - -it’s not like we are winning the Championship anyhow- -chances would of been better - -but not a determining factor

• @BShark

Gonna be a long offseason

• Hawk8086 said:

@BShark Or we may have to try to beat an 8/9 seed without him. Doable, depending on who it is, but certainly not a given. I see more zone defense in our future.

Might have to try anyway but I think we lose the 2nd game if Doke can’t go.

• @jayballer73 Yes I think this staff would lie. If the NCAAT selection committee for example knew Doke was for sure out, it could impact seeding. So that’s motive even…

• @BShark Stay positive my friend! Lots of news still to come on this.

Rock Chalk.

• Oh woe is us…lol. If we get to the Sweet 16, then we should have him back that week. All this stuff about not having a chance is a little premature, in my opinion. I think De Sousa has looked really good, and maybe the team rallies around a man down, and gets us into the 2nd weekend.

• Matt Galloway ‏ @themattgalloway 29s30 seconds ago

KU running virtually every play at their open scrimmage for Silvio De Sousa. Mitch Lightfoot very involved too. This is the most practice-like open session I can remember KU running ahead of a Big 12 tourney. Clearly trying to get the most of every minute.

• Seems like a pretty drastic yet devious method to stop teams from putting him on the line, which has been everyone’s fear here.

• @KUSTEVE

His coach a week ago said he didn’t know half the plays.

We have 6 guys and 2 guys who have sniffed glue on the bench more then they have played

• KUSTEVE said:

Oh woe is us…lol. If we get to the Sweet 16, then we should have him back that week. All this stuff about not having a chance is a little premature, in my opinion. I think De Sousa has looked really good, and maybe the team rallies around a man down, and gets us into the 2nd weekend.

Depends on the draw honestly. I know I keep harping on St Marys but they have a 6’11’’ man mountain that averages 21 and 10 a game. That would be really tough to handle without Doke.

De Sousa is going to be very good. He isn’t really ready now, but he’s about to get a hell of a trial by fire. I hope for the best out of him. You can tell he has the tools.

• @BeddieKU23 SOURCE ON THE GLUE SNIFFING PLZ 😂

• BShark said:

@BeddieKU23 SOURCE ON THE GLUE SNIFFING PLZ 😂

Sorry I was using witness protection but sniffing glue seemed funnier. Excited to see De Sousa play but ku will be unable to play to it’s fullest with him in.

• @BShark This is one thing you and I are thinking alike. - -If it turns out come Sunday and they re evaluate and Doke is a no go - -season over . then I truly think IF we were landing a # 1 seed- -then that goes out the window.

I actually have felt we were probably going to be a 2 seed but still a chance for # 1 --but if he is truly put then ya for sure - -no way do we land a # 1 seed. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Any way we see 5 guards on the floor tomorrow night for a few minutes? Garrett at the 5? I am being serious. De Sousa has a bit of trouble with fouling.

• @joeloveshawks

Who’s gonna sub in? Walkons?

• @BeddieKU23 Like i said, maybe it wasn’t such a great idea to play him so little. That being said, he’s next up. I thought he has looked very good in limited minutes, even with the limited playbook they run when he’s in there. Hopefully, he’ll step up, and give us some good minutes, and Vick, and Newman will come to play.

• @BeddieKU23 I just meant Garrett potentially in with Devonte / Svi / Newman / Vick.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed that walk ons are not in any of our Big 12 games unless it is the last 30 seconds as we are up 10.

• @KUSTEVE

I agree he has looked really good. He has post moves and can run the floor. And I agree it looks like he should have played more but in that light we shouldn’t have taken 3 transfers who can’t play so I don’t fault self for sticking with bringing Silvio along at the pace he has.

• BTW, don’t be surprised if they drop us to a 2 seed, and have us face off against Misery in the 2nd round. Porter should be back, so I’m sure the NCAA will want to take a shot at us before Doke gets back.

• @joeloveshawks

We are probably foul trouble away from that happening.

That or Sam Cunliffe actually has to take off his sweats which for the past month hasn’t happened

• The only game ku survived without doke was against tcu when Mitch went all superman. This team is not very good without him

• @BeddieKU23 I would assume we will see some Sammy boy.

• BShark said:

@BeddieKU23 I would assume we will see some Sammy boy.

Awesome. I’m sure self is thrilled

• Silvio, not knowing half the plays is already better than Mitch. And I love Mitch but he has a ceiling.

• @jayballer73 - “First degree sprain means the fibers of the ligament are stretched but intact”, according to Wikipedia. This is the least of the three types of sprains and, I’m guessing, is fairly common. Of course, at his size, I’m sure it’s much more significant.

Doke can’t seem to play an entire year without being injured and missing important playing time.

On one hand, he needs to come back to demonstrate durability. On the other hand, maybe he needs to go pro before he gets permanently injured…

• DoubleDD said:

Ouch that’s a huge loss.

“huge” - I see what you did there… 😉