2019 Recruiting

• Kcmatt7 said:

Oh just watch JRE end up at Zona. Talk about a meltdown.

STOP IT

• 5* Wendell Moore is announcing Monday. Looks like Duke will get on the board in 2019.

• Well read where Corey Evans caught up with JRE this week , and had this to say. JRE was asked about his visit from late night with KU , and he said: - -Late Night was good , got to see a different perspective, more laid back this time , they ( KU ) showed me ALOT more. Got to watch film how they like to run stuff the 4 - - Versatile 4"s are very successful at KU being able to rebound and get out and push the ball.

Corey they asked JRE specifically if leaving the area has made him long to return to Kansas for College? JRE responded and said: It would be cool to play where my dad played , and then also having my family there , and all of my friends there that I would have back in Kansas City - - So would be pretty much home and would be a very good fit.

This sounds pretty encouraging to me. - -Again like Matt Scott said earlier today - that he just wanted to re-assure people that KU was sitting very well with JRE. - -JRE said he is wanting to possibly commit by late November , before the Season starts. - -If he knows where he wants to go , then he wants to get it done before the season starts - -I like our chances - -ROCK CHALKALL DAY LONG BABY

• @Kcmatt7

For a long time we have hearing from Jaybate how bad of a coach Miller is but reality is that Miller is a very good coach that has been successful everywhere he has coached. Look at his record and form your own opinion.

• @JayHawkFanToo I didn’t criticize his coaching. He is a very capable coach. I am questioning his ability to recruit to Arizona like it is Kentucky or Duke or KU or UNC.

Go look at how strange many of their recruitments have been. Go look at all of Book Richardson’s players he got to Arizona on 247… Do research on each of those recruitments.

• @JayHawkFanToo He’s a bully. The way he treated Tarc on the sidelines was a national embarrassment.

• losing Silvio is going to hurt some for this year - -there is not doubt about that , because the guy is a specimen for sure , I think his up side was through the roof - just got to have some others step up. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• jayballer73 said:

losing Silvio is going to hurt some for this year - -there is not doubt about that , because the guy is a specimen for sure , I think his up side was through the roof - just got to have some others step up. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY If we do lose himwe will definitely have after players step up

• Has anyone read anything lately on Precious Achiuwa? I know he is considered a long shot, but was just wondering if he had cut his list at all… Would be nice if Bill could somehow pull that off.

• @Woodrow looks like he is going to push it all the way into the Spring. Kind of a Wiggins scenario.

• @Woodrow so to answer your question, nothing new really. It seems like Bill is playing the Bird in the Hand game here in the fall. If we miss though, I’d say Bill puts on full court pressure for his services.

• Kcmatt7 said:

@Woodrow so to answer your question, nothing new really. It seems like Bill is playing the Bird in the Hand game here in the fall. If we miss though, I’d say Bill puts on full court pressure for his services.

I would be on Self adding two forwards in the early signing period. I don’t think Self would want to oversign by more than 2 in the early period. After that, things will get really interesting.

• @BShark I thought Precious was more of a Wing?

• @Kcmatt7 Don’t think KU is a real option there. KU is in deep with Stanley, Hurt, JRE, Nnaji and Chandler. There probably won’t be enough open scholarships to take them all, not that Self would necessarily pull it off anyway.

I’d tag Achiuwa like Hurt and Chandler, guys that can play 3-4 easily and could do spot duty at the 5 but wouldn’t at KU considering the roster.

I like Hurt’s game but I don’t think he is so must get that you don’t take all of JRE, Chandler and Nnaji if they want to commit.

• @BShark Good points. I think Achiuwa looks like a wing more than a 4. So I think you can have all of them. But I do think whether or not we even push for Achiuwa depends on Stanley’s decision.

I do expect us to lose 5 guys early. I still think KJ leaves early along with Grimes, Doke, Dedric and De Sousa. So there is room to take 5 more guys. KJ, in theory, should graduate this year so I don’t know why he would stay. Take your degree and go start earning money playing ball while you can.

But that does put a scenario in play where we can land all of those guys and either Stanley or Achuiwa.

• @Woodrow Just looking at his 247 page, it appears that Achuiwa hasn’t had any activity since June with any programs. Of course something could have slipped through the cracks, but they’re usually pretty good about keeping it updated.

• @Kcmatt7 I looked at his page earlier and saw it showed “warm” next to KU which usually means they are still involved. If I remember right there was only 3 schools listed as warm…

• Kcmatt7 said:

@Woodrow Just looking at his 247 page, it appears that Achuiwa hasn’t had any activity since June with any programs. Of course something could have slipped through the cracks, but they’re usually pretty good about keeping it updated.

He hasn’t even set up any OVs. Looks like a spring decision.

The belief right now seems to be that KJ will stay and be one of the focal points next year.

• @Woodrow Saint Johns, UConn and Syracuse are all players in his recruitment on the last update but maybe info is hard to come by. Apparently Achiuwa was at Memphis’s late night thing so maybe they are making a push.

Edit: With UNC missing wing targets maybe they get in there too. That’s just pure conjecture on my part, but UNC will want to add a wing this class to replace Little. He’s a hell of a player so I would expect a battle regardless of who gets involved.

• BShark said:

Kcmatt7 said:

@Woodrow Just looking at his 247 page, it appears that Achuiwa hasn’t had any activity since June with any programs. Of course something could have slipped through the cracks, but they’re usually pretty good about keeping it updated.

He hasn’t even set up any OVs. Looks like a spring decision.

The belief right now seems to be that KJ will stay and be one of the focal points next year.

Oh I definitely think it is a Spring signing.

I just don’t see how KJ could be a focal point next season, but not this. I mean this is his 4th year in CBB. If he isn’t a focal point by now why would we expect it out of his 5th season?

• @Kcmatt7 I bet he plays 20-25 mpg this year. It’s just the offense is going to run through Dedric for sure and we don’t know too much else yet. I’m intrigued to see how it all shakes out. I think Grimes can be very good but will he and what about his three ball…

• Precious was at Memphis last night. There are some red flags in his recruitment that are keeping the blue bloods away. He’s kind of similar to Hurt in stature, but a much better athlete and not nearly as skilled (yet). Much better fit as a 4 man. I think we take JRE and Zeke early, and Hurt late. Can’t see us taking 4 bigs unless something weird happens like Mitch grad transferring.

• @Kcmatt7 I think KJ could be very good. Just my opinion. The difference between his Memphis tapes and what I saw during Late Night were pretty incredible, imo. He looks like Marcus Morris- two years ago, he looked pretty frail. He might surprise us all.

• BShark said:

@Kcmatt7 Don’t think KU is a real option there. KU is in deep with Stanley, Hurt, JRE, Nnaji and Chandler. There probably won’t be enough open scholarships to take them all, not that Self would necessarily pull it off anyway.

I’d tag Achiuwa like Hurt and Chandler, guys that can play 3-4 easily and could do spot duty at the 5 but wouldn’t at KU considering the roster.

I like Hurt’s game but I don’t think he is so must get that you don’t take all of JRE, Chandler and Nnaji if they want to commit.

I’m of the thinking more and more kind of like what you say. I love Hurt , nothing not really to like - - BUT I have started to thinking more that Hurt is going to be a spring predict. - Earlier I thought he would commit in the fall So now the dilemma - -I if it was me , and yes I know it’s not , but with these 3 JRE - - Hurt – - & Nnaji - -I just feel or think I would take the first two to commit - I’m not gonna hold back on the chance of getting Hurt in the spring -and I just don’t think we land all 3. - -not that I wouldn’t love it - - just not seeing that. - -Any combo of those 3 is good with me.

The thing is about holding back for a spring commit is – so you kind of hem-haw around with one of the two that’s ready to commit in the fall but you hold off , so he looks else where and then the one you think your getting I the Spring commits elsewhere then you not only lost the one - but now you have lost both I just think . - - If it turns out it is JRE/ Nnaji - it’s fine = =if it’s JRE/Hurt not tripping – - if its Hurt/Nnaji cool I just don’t think there is major difference. - - So having said all that mumbo - -jumbo - -what do you all think? - -you think Zeke commit fairly soon? - - or does he commit at all? - -I’m just feeling more and more like Hurt is going to hold off till spring

• I think that we’ll have to fill six scolarships, and will nab Nnaji a 5, JRE a 4, Hurt a 3 and some 4, and - call me high - Stanley, a 2 who can play some 3. McBride and Braun waiting their turn, as they undoubtedly already know. Thought, anyone (and don’t call me high Lol)?

• Marco said:

I think that we’ll have to fill six scolarships, and will nab Nnaji a 5, JRE a 4, Hurt a 3 and some 4, and - call me high - Stanley, a 2 who can play some 3. McBride and Braun waiting their turn, as they undoubtedly already know. Thought, anyone (and don’t call me high Lol)?

OK -I won’t call you High - -but I have a question for you . - - -Are you drunk lmao. - As much as I would love to land ALL 3 big men , I just don’t see that happening. My ideal 2 probably would be JRE & Hurt . Yet any combo 2 out of those 3 will still be OK with me. - - I’m not really sure but I just get this feel that Zeke just might pop for us not long after his visit this weekend.

So that leaves us with the question do we take Hurt BEFORE - - JRE decides and that leaves JRE out of the equation - OR does JRE commit 1st and that leaves Hurt out?- - Personally I think Zeke will be the 1st to commit - -JRE has hinted that he wants to sign in late November before the Season begins - -and from what he had to say to Corey Evans from Rivals sure makes it sound like to me that we are sitting REALLY GOOD with him - -it is just sounding more and more like Hurt will be a spring time decision - which in turns I think when it’s all said and done he won’t land here.

If we land Cassius that’s a definite bonus for us , cause it just seems like he came out of nowhere with us. I mean I thought it was a pretty common sense that he was staying back on the Coast - -and now? - people saying were siting better then a lot thought we shall see - -THAT would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. - - Ok I’ll let you go so you can go sleep it off and NO your not High lol. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• I hear you, and I somewhat agree with you on the timeline… I believe that Zeke and JRE will soon commit and sign, as well as Stanley. We’ll leave a spot open for Hurt if he decides to commit late, but I don’t think that he will commit late, think he’ll commit early. I also think that all three of the big guys will be around for atleast 2 years, Nnaji probably three.

• Hurt is most assuredly OAD. JRE and Nnaji should definitely be multi-year guys though. If Hurt signs early I don’t think it will be to KU, since he hasn’t even taken an OV to Lawrence yet.

• He hasn’t taken any OVs, right?

• And I disagree about Hurt being a no-brainer one and done

• @Marco Correct. He has done some visits recently and is going to UK’s midnight madness which will probably be an OV. I saw it mentioned a lot that he wasn’t even taking recruiting all that seriously until very recently. The belief is he will visit KU for a game in which case he wouldn’t be signing early. I hope your predictions are right though. 😃

• Marco said:

And I disagree about Hurt being a no-brainer one and done

He has made it very clear that it is his intention. So, it’s certainly his plan. However if he needed or wanted to stay a second year, he has a better parental/financial situation than Cliff, Selby, BMac* etc…

*Not throwing any shade at Ben with this, he was absolutely right to go. He HAD to go pro and start getting paid for his family.

• Hurt is 100% waiting until spring. Zeke is TDB and JRE is signing early.

• Read the article of Zags. - - -Hurt said there are 7 schools that contact him a lot , and he probably won’t cut schools. - -they are: Duke - -Indiana - - - -KU – Kentucky - - Memphis- - -Minnesota - - & N Carolina.

Looking to make official visits , he wants to see the real atmosphere and environment is like.

He said as far as visits that FOOTBALL games are probably more of a fun type of visit BUT said he thinks he will get more out of it by going to a big basketball game - - - WHEW that’s a break for us lol.

One of the big important thIngs will be the relationship with Coach’s and how comfortable he is with then also is big for him and his family. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Markese Jacobs to Depaul.

• BShark said:

Markese Jacobs to Depaul.

HE WAS NEVER COMEING BACK TO KU

• Well, yeah, obviously. Staff went in another direction.

• BShark said:

Markese Jacobs to Depaul.

There is a shock lol. – - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Totally forgot Zeke was back this past weekend for his OV. Anyone hear anything on how it went?

• Woodrow said:

Totally forgot Zeke was back this past weekend for his OV. Anyone hear anything on how it went?

He is pretty quiet. Articles will come out within a few days I’m sure.

KU is very well positioned here though for sure.

• Would be very surprised if he didn’t end up in our class

• Woodrow said:

Totally forgot Zeke was back this past weekend for his OV. Anyone hear anything on how it went?

Zeke is headed to Arizona this weekend. - - His dad said KU was telling him how Zeke - - JRE – -& M Hurt could all co-exist together , his dad said probably looking at around the 24th of November when he will announce. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• I really like where KU is at with Zeke. I think it’s more likely than not he’s a Jayhawk.

• I agree about Nnaji soon being a Jayhawk, and JRE, as well. Hopefully Stanley or Chandler will sign early, too. A class that features McBride, Braun, Nnaji, JRE, and either Stanley or Chandler I’ll take in a heartbeat … If Hurt waits too long we may have to draw our attentions elsewhere. What I like about the above group - I don’t think that any of them are necessarily OADs.

• Marco said:

I agree about Nnaji soon being a Jayhawk, and JRE, as well. Hopefully Stanley or Chandler will sign early, too. A class that features McBride, Braun, Nnaji, JRE, and either Stanley or Chandler I’ll take in a heartbeat … If Hurt waits too long we may have to draw our attentions elsewhere. What I like about the above group - I don’t think that any of them are necessarily OADs.

I would say other than Stanley, the rest are almost guaranteed to not be OAD.

• Getting Zeke to come here for his first visit is perfect. We set the bar. Good luck matching it.

• Chandler Lawson and Cole Anthony are taking a OV together to Oregon on October 19.

• Thread is getting very long, may a new thread?