That was a F***ing Big Boy game KU fans!

• I have to admit that I thought KU had a better than normal chance at not winning this game going into it. I really did. I know, I must spend the rest of my day repenting my sins against The Phog.

But holy heck those guys battled tonight! They all did!
    SVI coming up big again on both ends. That block he had on that fast break was some PRO S***!! Pro stuff.
    Doke making those two free throws in a row with fairly decent form!? OMG! I about died! Malik just killing it out there. Mitch taking an absolute beating and keeping on ticking! That kid is unstoppable! DG being all like Frank Mason 3.0 Vick and Sam gave pretty good minutes too IMO. Those guys fought and fought and would not give up. They wouldnt lose tonight. It wasnt happening.
    KU is 2 games up on the Big 12!

The only thing I am confused about is why did Coach Self pull Silvio after one single play on offense? I mean, the kid leaves off Wade for a half second to go help on defense and Wade gets a spot up 3 point attempt and makes it. BFD! KU had a fairly comfortable lead at that point. Any one of our guys woulda got scored on in that sitch. That kid Wade is a really good player. We need Silvio to be on the floor and thinking free without the fear of an early hook.

• @Lulufulu I am sure Silvio knows he will just have a few possessions each game. He will be fine.

• mayjay said:

@Lulufulu I am sure Silvio knows he will just have a few possessions each game. He will be fine.

Silvio is a smart kid, he knows he is playing bad. Silvio himself said he wasn’t ready to contribute much awhile back. I’m with you I think he will be fine and ready to go next season.

• Silvio is not in sync with the team, at least not yet. Davonte fed him a pass when he was all alone under the basket and he missed it. It will take some time before he can see how the play is developing and react accordingly.

• Silvio looks like the most disinterested person I have ever seen doing anything. He doesn’t get excited on the bench. He looks awkward at huddles. He doesn’t congratulate anyone during timeouts. He doesn’t look like he wants to be there at all.

I thought the floor for him coming in would be similar to Jamari. He would come in and make plays and just be really active. But he hasn’t even been that.

• Newman has been bringing the ball up more. Which is helping Graham rest a lil. And… I may get stoned to death here but lately I’d rather have Newman driving the ball late clock/late game. He simply finishes more often than does DTG

• Using Udoka logic if you pull Graham it sends the wrong message. You have to show him that you have faith in him.

• @cragarhawk No argument here!

• I’ve seen Silvio congratulating guys coming in! Really noticed on mitch’s 3.

• Kcmatt7 said:

Silvio looks like the most disinterested person I have ever seen doing anything. He doesn’t get excited on the bench. He looks awkward at huddles. He doesn’t congratulate anyone during timeouts. He doesn’t look like he wants to be there at all.

I thought the floor for him coming in would be similar to Jamari. He would come in and make plays and just be really active. But he hasn’t even been that.

even though I have expressed my disbelief that Silvio isn’t being given more minutes to get “game ready” I think we should suspend judgement on the kid until next season. He should be in high school right now.

• cragarhawk said:

Newman has been bringing the ball up more. Which is helping Graham rest a lil. And… I may get stoned to death here but lately I’d rather have Newman driving the ball late clock/late game. He simply finishes more often than does DTG

Cragar, I’m with you. Newman was Killing it late in the game @ Kstate! Coach has to give as much rest to DG as possible. Playing DG of the ball does that and keeps him on the floor