UTTERLY GUTTY HAND TO HAND!!!

• What a great team win. MAN! We played D! We chipped away, Svi his two HUGE back to back 3’s, Devonte picked pockets, pushed all game, and Doke played like a man with 4, Malik grabbed 6 boards, DeSousa, Mitch and Garrett all contributed when called upon in the first half to keep our starters fresh. Vick played glue man, found a way to keep us afloat when down by 10 in the first by getting a couple creative buckets.

• 2 gutty games in 3 days. very impressive. was nice to see the FT even out the last 10 minutes of the game.

• Anyone notice that they backed off Malik when he started bringing it up against the press?

• @mayjay still i like how we took it at them. May pay the dividends down the road…trailing dividends.

• KU outscored West Virginia 43-25 --in the 2nd half - -4 turnovers in the 2nd half - - - -closed out the game by shooting 8-10 - -80 % in the final critical minutes of the game. - - -more steals then WV - -95 – -WV more turnovers then KU 16- 13 - -gutsy gutsy win - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• mayjay said:

Anyone notice that they backed off Malik when he started bringing it up against the press?

It didn’t didn’t register with me until you mentioned it but you are absolutely right!!!

They were all over Malik on the wings, but they never put pressure on him brining up once. Strange.

Also, Huggins went to Javon shooting the treys late and Javon just did not look like a triafectate to me at all. Is he? That was a strange move, too.

Biggest goof by Huggins of all was not to keep posting Devonte up down low. Huggs called it one play down the stretch with 7 or so to go and it worked easily. Huggs could easily have fouled Devonte out if he had just kept doing it. But its like he decided not to win that way. Strange again!

• Jayballer54 said:

KU outscored West Virginia 43-25 --in the 2nd half - -4 turnovers in the 2nd half - - - -closed out the game by shooting 8-10 - -80 % in the final critical minutes of the game. - - -more steals then WV - -95 – -WV more turnovers then KU 16- 13 - -gutsy gutsy win - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

Super synopsis!!

It in a nutshell!

• @jaybate-1.0 Carter is a 41% trey baller this year. Just wasn’t falling for him tonight. In fact just about everyone was going CLANGA tonight. Svi caught some fire at just the right time.

• Blown said:

2 gutty games in 3 days. very impressive. was nice to see the FT even out the last 10 minutes of the game.

This has to be one of the greatest 2 in 3 performances in quite some time. They beat their instate rival at home and then went to one of the toughest places to play on the road and stole a road W by coming from 15-17 down!!!

And this win tonight was almost essential for this team to have a real chance of winning a 14th Straight. If they had had to play the rest of the front nine with backs to wall, they might have fallen too far behind to come back on the back nine, given how short handed this team is.

Just a great, great, GREAT win to enable this team to go on the offensive, instead of having to spend the rest of the front nine scrambling to get back into it.

Now they can go on the offensive and try to put some other teams backs against the walls.

• BShark said:

@jaybate-1.0 Carter is a 41% trey baller this year. Just wasn’t falling for him tonight. In fact just about everyone was going CLANGA tonight. Svi caught some fire at just the right time.

Thx for the heads up. I am so glad I didn’t know it then. 🙂

I would have been much more worried about him.

• Huggy is tearing up his team

• @BShark

I think Devonte rattled him, he seemed to lose confidence after Devonte stripped the ball and completed the 3 point play and drew the foul on him. He was not the same after that.

• @Crimsonorblue22

Thx so much!!!

• Bill to Huggy Bear:

Ok I will wear your ugly windbreaker, but you have to let us spot you 30 points and we play first to win 2 games. Oh and we will put just 10 min on the clock total. And the second game I insist, no NPOY or OADs for my team.

• @Crimsonorblue22 You weren’t kidding. He not only threw his players under the 🚌, but backed up and made sure to squash them like a 🕷. Would hate to be at their next practice. And to think we did this after an early game on Sat. (we won) and then travelling to that place and gutting it out. Thing 1 is that WVU had to play Sat. (and lost) and Thing 2 is that they also had the travel thing but much later than we did. For once all the 🌟 lined up for us.

RCJGKU!

• @RockChalkinTexas funny in that video, Huggins tells the story of the golfer who isn’t comfortable playing so well on the front 9, so he shoots more poorly on the back 9 and says “see that’s more like it.” Then Huggins immediately says he told them when they were #2 that they weren’t prepared and were about to fall from #2. Does he realize that his story of the golfer might also pertain to him? Maybe he wasn’t comfortable being ranked so high and so freaked out his kids? He can’t explain why the kids didn’t do what they were told to do. Maybe in some part that’s because he told them they were going to mess up.

• That is an unhappy coach! Contrarily Self was as happy as I’ve ever seen him with 2 minutes left in the game. The look on his face reminded me of Tom Hanks in the movie A League of Their Own chanting “we’re going to win we’re going to win”!!

• Hahaha, welcome to high expectations Huggy. Remind your guys KU has that pressure every year.

Thanks @Crimsonorblue22

• No pressure no diamonds.

• I wonder what Vick said in the handshake line to make Huggins react the way he did?

• @dylans I noticed that. Did you, or anyone else, see that Konate was animated in the handshake line? It almost looked like he said something like…you guys were lucky? Any notice anything?

• @approxinfinity

Rankings are mostly for fans. Coaches do not like all the scrutiny and attention that comes with it; they would be perfectly happy flying under the radar and not getting a bull’s eye on them. KU is used to it but apparently WVU not so much.

• Huggy Bear is a true HOFr. Man, that guy can coach. He brings us everything we can handle and he does it without a single McDs AA and from a football school.

Really thought that was one of the better coach post-game interview I’ve seen in a long, long time. Very straightforward.

Loved how Huggy talked about hedge defending. He is really the only coach in the Big 12 that teaches it. We are all being screwed out of experiencing better defense because of this. All the talented offensive players who drive the ball get a free pass to the rim. They don’t get challenged on the beginning of the drive, so they can continue playing to their strengths without even learning a decent crossover, no fakes or stutters on drives, no forcing to their weakside… nothing. We just have to follow these players to the league to see them finally learn to fill their toolboxes on driving. This is one area where I really prefer watching pro ball over college.