Billy

• Well read an article this morning from the zags blog site. - The wording kind of surprised me, Coach Self stated that they were going to practice Sosinski the rest of the week and then make a decision next week if they could use him or not.

That in it’s self isn’t what surprised me. - What surprised me was him saying that they were using him as a practice player. Said it was not strategic plan to add depth to the roster, but for practice - - -I for sure would think as far as practice - -we are good already for practice- -including bigs, I mean we have BOTH Lawson brothers for practice then we have Moore & Cunliffe - that sure threw me a curve. - Practice is not where he is truly needed I wouldn’t think,

He said that it MAY be possible that he might get in possibly for a minute or two at the end of the game like Tehan & Young – I for sure thought he was needed WAY more as a spot player in case of foul trouble from Doke & Mitch during game situations - -I don’t get it. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer54 maybe Self is saving face by saying practice player only? You’re right, we have plenty of depth in practice. Unless he wants our guys to play through contact with a mountain of muscle. Maybe he doesn’t want Doke banging as much in practice to limit wear so SodaPop could spell him?

• I think Self is worried about Wear and Tear on his guys especially as the season progresses.

• Maybe the Lawson’s don’t bang hard enough to challenge Dok in practice?

• All of the responses I’ve read I believe responding to what I read were very good. - - I have trouble with just them using him as a practice player, under the assumption the Lawson brothers don’t bang hard enough, not that is a bad response - -just saying surely not. - - The wear and rear on Doke? - -possibly. - -maybe wanting to reduce the risk of injury during a practice? - -hell I don’t know lol.

I just think a much bigger need for depth on the roster for game conditions. - We need a legit body that can mop up if the regular 2 we have get in foul trouble - -even if it is only 4-5 minutes. - -I just feel when this is all said and done - -yes he will be added as a walk on - -& yes he will see some spot duty for a while - at least till De-souse gets here or Billy gets reinstated. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• dylans said:

Maybe the Lawson’s don’t bang hard enough to challenge Dok in practice?

Yeah… probably nobody can hang with Doke there. Dedric is 4” and like 50 pounds smaller.

• It is impressive how KU, KUAD and the KU Basketball program can become information black holes, when they want to. It appears that no news, or even rumors, are being emitted from the black hole currently. Its not even clear where the event horizon starts?

Does Billy Preston actually still exist?

Was he a Deep State projection that never existed?

Will multiple Billy Preston’s begin to surface?

Will there be grainy video of multiple shooters and reports of helicopters infiltrating and exfiltrating teams from a secret heliport on top the Field House that were tracked to a P.O. Box in the Caymans?

When/where was the last sighting?

Has he been taken to Antartica to be held in a secret installation under the South Polar Ice Cap, because of some anomalous DNA parallels between his helix and those of the ancient civilization reputedly found there back during the frenzy of misinformation during the Presidential campaign?

Is he attending classes? Does he do so by passing through a stargate?

What’s his current GPA? Is it measured in unit values from a parallel dimension?

Is he having a growth spurt and now a footer? Or is he being fitted with orthotics to make him appear to be a footer?

Does he still live in the athletic housing? Or has he moved into a hardened underground installation beneath Mt. Oread intended to keep alive selected faculty that grade basketball players easy (it was rumored to have been built back under Roy’s tenure)?

What is his favorite dish at training table? Is it organic, or fast food?

What kind of car was he driving, when this incident surfaced? Had it been maintained at proper intervals to keep from voiding the warranty?

What kind of car is he driving now? Or has KU installed a Star Trek transporter in the athletic dorm?

Can anyone in Lawrence make a super tall bicycle to help him get back and forth to campus on clear days, when the transporter has a stuxnet virus, so he doesn’t have to bus it every day?

Any new tats? or subcutaneous RFID chips?

There is not much free flow of information on this subject?

Who is investigating this issue? Safety Patrol? KUAD? Campus police? KU in-house counsel? NCAA? Petroshoeco-Agency Complex security firm? LPD? KBI? FBI? INTERPOL? Archon Alien Law Enforcement?

Where are the intrepid local KUBucketeers on this?

Not even any scuttlebutt?

Help me, help me, help me, I think I’m going insane with curiosity!!!

(Note: All fiction. No malice.)

• buffer 1

• Does Billy Preston even exisist? Hahaha Thanks @jaybate 1.0

• Billy’s mom is in town, he’s staying w/her instead of going w/team. Are we taking the fb player? Hopefully Billy’s mom is not packing him up.

• again - does this happen to other elite teams? why can’t we just have all our big men be cleared to play all the games they are supposed to play, not get caught doing something stupid, not have their parents or relatives do something stupid, not have their high schools do something wrong…

why us???

• Self’s story is spin.

• Don’t read much into Billy’s mom coming. The guys barely get any time to get home during the holidays so she probably just wanted to see him since he’s going through a rough time.

• Here’s Self’s statement:

“Billy practiced with us Friday morning and after practice I learned that his mother was coming to town and would have little opportunity to spend time with Billy due to the Miami trip,” Self said in a release from KU Athletics. “I recommended Billy stay back so he and his mom could have some time together considering they have not seen each other in person in a while. Billy will be at our next practice and will be with the team when we go to Kansas City next week (for Wednesday’s game against Washington). Billy not making the trip has nothing to do with anything other than being able to spend some time with his mother.”

Question: Why would Billy’s mommy be coming to town this weekend when the Syracuse game and the trip to Miami is clearly on the schedule?

To believe this, we would believe that Billy’s mommy, who he has not seen apparently for a while, would choose to come into town at a time when Billy would be out of town. Self “learned” she would be coming to town, and learned this at a time when he assumed Billy would be traveling to Miami.

And then, once Self learned of this – mommy coming to town when Billy is to be gone – Self says, “Oh Billy, stay and see your mommy.”

This is not believable.

Why would Billy’s mommy be coming to town if not to see Billy?

Might it be to deal with Billy’s predicament?

And Bill Self would of course know if Billy’s mommy was coming to town to deal with Billy’s predicament, correct?

The story is not believable.

• @HighEliteMajor agreed. Doesn’t smell right.

• Ya good question Elite. - - why WOULD Billy’s mom be making a trip to Lawrence when she knew Ku was going to be on a road trip to fla this weekend, unless something else is going on?

I mean coach Self says he learned that she was in town? - -Uh Huh. -so she just happens to pop in when Ku is headed out - -something smells, she wouldn’t just pop in to Lawrence unless she knew ahead of time Billy was being left behind. - -something funny here. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• I guess in reading the story I took it as a given that she is in lawrence to discuss the car issue, perhaps bringing documentation or whatnot. Self never said she came to see Billy, he said and I am paraphrasing Billy isn’t playing anyway he might as well stay and see his mom. Translating that from coach speak I read it as mama’s doing business and they might need Billy there but who the heck knows so why speculate on it.

I don’t see a conspiracy or a cover up as much as I see a coach not in a position where he can give details but knowing he needs to say something. I spent enough time working in a bureaucracy to know that even if there are no rules preventing information release the left hand isn’t going to tell the right hand all of what is going on even if the right hand is the one that most needs to know. So if you think Self knows everything all the time about what is happening I fear you are mistaken. Well unless he is omnipotent I suppose😜

• If you believe some posters on here, she’s in town to pack up Billy and bring the FBI to the AD’s office to shut down the department. It’ll all be fine guys.

• @Bosthawk “does this happen to other elite teams?”

Probably. How many of us immerse ourselves every moment of every day in numerous media outlets covering other teams?

As to Billy’s mom and all the speculation by other posters (not you Bosthawk), wow, so much knowledge by so many people with so little information. My favorite is the annual “Bill Self is lying and we know it.”

• She’s likely there at the request of the Athletic Department to deal with the car issue. Self absolutely knows more than he’s revealing, but this isn’t a situation where divulging everything he knows about the matter will help the situation.

• @mayjay perhaps it isn’t lying as much as leaving some info not divulged. And ya I’ll be with group that believes that’s annual. I’m good with that. And I don’t even think it’s wrong.

• Well I’ve been reading different thoughts from different sites - -people all divulging what they have supposedly heard for a friend of a friend of a friend so on and so on. - -Now have read this morning that at Coach Self’s weekly conference yesterday, Coach stated again that he believes they are coming to a resolution and hopefully thinks that this might very well be coming to a conclusion soon.

The impression he left me with anyways, made me stop and think about some of what I’ve been hearing/reading from others.

Is what some others having said maybe more truth in what they have said OR merely coincidental timing? - - I had been hearing how the whole Billy thing was going to come down to a 9 game suspension, - which the Game with Washington will be 8. - Coach said he felt like they might be coming to a resolution soon, but didn’t feel like they would know by tomorrow. -So if he hears nothing by tomorrow Billy is out - then game 9 comes against Arizona St. - -These people were saying they had heard a 9 game suspension with the games Billy has sit out counting towards the suspension.

I dunno a bunch of he said she said - -how much can you put into this, just thought hmmm things seem to be like kind of falling just like what was being said - Coach now insinuating that resolution might be pretty soon - -we shall see. - - been hearing also it’s really not as much about who owns the car in question but - how did Billy supposedly get the car fixed for free? - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• It’s Tuesday. I haven’t seen anything on Billy’s mom staying or going. Is Billy still with the team (I.e., she didn’t pack him up and take him home)? Is she still here?

• It is really not that complicated. Billy was probably told he would not be making the trip because it made no sense for him to do it when he will not play. This is not unprecedented, I know Bragg missed two trips while his situation was under review and I believe Alexander did as well. Coach Self just gave Billy an easy way to save face.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.