Jaybate This Is Your Day

• @KUSTEVE That is because It’s fake news.

• @BShark Well we can always hope. I don’t really believe there is much substance to it. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• jayballer54 said:

@BShark Well we can always hope. I don’t really believe there is much substance to it. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

No real sources. Hack writer that is a Duke fan. Lol.

• I asked this before. - -Let me ask again , if it came down to it and you had to choose , which one would you rather have - -Romeo Langford - OR Quinten Grimes. - -Me myself?- -I think I would go with Grimes more of a complete player. - It has been stated that some things come to easy for Langford and has a tendency to try and slide - take some plays off - -Grimes bust his ass so is it? - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• I mean would it be surprising if Adidas was trying to make sure Zion went to an Adidas school? Not really. As long as KU wasn’t directly involved I do not care.

• @BShark Oh ya? - - for real? - -ok Then I can sleep tonight lmao. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer54 Yeah, click the profile of the writer for lols.

• Random thought

Notice how Self and co would cast a wide net with offers? Perhaps Self knew how the system worked, wasn’t directly involved but by casting a wide net you don’t close any doors. So if a kid is shifted to Adidas, KU is in it.

Just some more hopeful thinking.

• @jayballer54

Langford is a likely OAD while Grimes is not. KU might get more from Langford in his one year but Grimes might be the overall better choice since will stay for 3-4 years.

• JayHawkFanToo said:

@jayballer54

Langford is a likely OAD while Grimes is not. KU might get more from Langford in his one year but Grimes might be the overall better choice since will stay for 3-4 years.

Don’t sleep on Grimes’ NBA potential though. If he showed out better PG skills I could see him being only a 2 year guy.

I’d take Grimes for sure though, if it’s one or the other.

• @BShark makes more sense. Not zeroing in on kids. Just offering based on basketball skill. If you wanna come here or adidas does their thing in the dark without him knowing he’s not in any trouble.

Thing is they are clearly targeting assistant coaches and head coaches are either in the dark or aware and it is an agreement that the assistant coach will just be the fall guy.

• Kcmatt7 said:

@BShark makes more sense. Not zeroing in on kids. Just offering based on basketball skill. If you wanna come here or adidas does their thing in the dark without him knowing he’s not in any trouble.

Thing is they are clearly targeting assistant coaches and head coaches are either in the dark or aware and it is an agreement that the assistant coach will just be the fall guy.

Yep yep yep. If KU coaches are not involved we should be fine. That’s what I’m hoping for and I’ve actually heard some good things in that regard.

• BShark said:

Kcmatt7 said:

@BShark makes more sense. Not zeroing in on kids. Just offering based on basketball skill. If you wanna come here or adidas does their thing in the dark without him knowing he’s not in any trouble.

Yep yep yep. If KU coaches are not involved we should be fine. That’s what I’m hoping for and I’ve actually heard some good things in that regard.

Same unless you are a Terrapin fan. They have no 80+ pages going and an absolute obsession that we are paying everyone

• BeddieKU23 said:

BShark said:

Kcmatt7 said:

Same unless you are a Terrapin fan. They have no 80+ pages going and an absolute obsession that we are paying everyone

Lol Maryland fans. I have no doubt KU has landed some guys that got paid by Adidas. Seems like a lot of players get paid. If it’s just pick an Adidas school and KU wins out, I don’t think KU or the coaches can be faulted, by the FBI or the NCAA for that matter. What is the NCAA gonna do? Ban every school?

You know one thing that is really nice? Having walk-ons on the team with rich parents. 💸

• BShark said:

BeddieKU23 said:

BShark said:

Kcmatt7 said:

Lol Maryland fans. I have no doubt KU has landed some guys that got paid by Adidas. Seems like a lot of players get paid. If it’s just pick an Adidas school and KU wins out, I don’t think KU or the coaches can be faulted, by the FBI or the NCAA for that matter. What is the NCAA gonna do? Ban every school?

You know one thing that is really nice? Having walk-ons on the team with rich parents. 💸

I’m sure money has changed hands, it just seems naive to believe otherwise at this point. I do however believe Self is a good person and I don’t believe he has the personality to go that direction by his own doing. I could find out later I’m completely wrong but I do believe he’s one of the few that keeps it clean on his end. If Adidas has helped us in the past I’m sure Nike and Under Armour have the same guilt in their closet.

This situation reminds me of the steroid era in Baseball. Everyone knew it was happening for years upon years and nobody cared until it blew up and some really good baseball players went down for it. Baseball let it happen but then cried out loud when they had to do something about it. This to me is the same in College Basketball. NCAA didn’t have the authority to crack open the cheating/bribes/money funneling in and out for players, families etc but they knew it was there. As long as it didn’t interrupt the cash cow they were never going to do anything and with their limited power they had some deniability to ever do so. The FBI gets involved and the NCAA has its pants down. Now they have to clean up the mess that is left in its wake.

• Read that Self and Norm both play it super straight according to an AAU coach. Not even a whiff of bringing up $.

Edit: Norm was the only KU asst that this AAU coach had dealings with.

Also said KU DOES NOT BASH OTHER SCHOOLS in recruiting, merely does their own pitch.

• @BShark

Saw that too. I just can’t imagine Self, Norm & Kurtis doing anything outside the lines intentionally. I think Howard is a good guy as well but he certainly hasn’t earned that trust yet that the older guys have.

• Not hard to figure out who player 2 allegedly is.

@Kcmatt7 Did you reply then delete it?

• @BShark I did. Changed what I wanted to say. That was really funny.

Also, MSU just started getting involved in tons of top 10 kids lately… Kind of out of the blue… If anything, that seems more shady than someone whose been ivolved with stud recruits for 15 straight years.

• @Kcmatt7 Dude just had to get his shots in about Jackson and Cliff.

Btw even MSU fans think this guy is a bit nuts. Player 1 is Jabari Parker who Izzo still talks glowingly about.

Edit: Lol, this is a quote from an MSU person…

“f that guy is supposed to represent MSU as a writer it’s completely embarrassing. It’s fanboy fantasy combined with poor writing.”

• COPYPASTE FROM PHOG POSTER.

"So I was fortunate enough to be able to discuss this topic with two very interesting sources yesterday. One was a former Conference Commissioner, the other was a former AD (both at the P5 level). They are very plugged in to this situation. I asked them point blank how worried KU should be- and they both didn’t think we have anything to worry about. They told me that the rules are basically set up to benefit a very select few schools (with KU being one) where they can LEGALLY, and without violating any NCAA rules, ‘hook a kid up’. It’s all a little above my head, but it has to do with AAU tournaments, summer camps, job funneling (helping out a parent/guardian with a job), legal support/financial advisors, and other various things that seem to be dirty (to me) but are all above ground. They basically told me that we don’t have to cheat because the rules are set up to favor us. They figured that Duke and UNC would be fine in all of this as well… "

• @Kcmatt7 Player 2 is actually Bowen according to MSU people. That relieves me.

• Also how FUDGING INSANE is that if true?

• @BShark That would be pretty outrageous.