2018 Recruiting

• @Crimsonorblue22

Not really.

His final 8 was Duke, Kentucky, Baylor, Oklahoma, TCU, Alabama, Wake Forest and Kansas.

• 4* PG Jamie Lewis visiting for the WVU game.

• @BShark

Devonte Graham 2.0… almost the same player

Would be a solid 4 year player

• @BShark Is he a 2017 player or a 2018 player? - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @BeddieKU23 cool, thanks - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer54

No problem.

To further elaborate about Lewis he plays for a very good HS team in Georgia

5 kids on the team will be D-1 including one that is Top 100 signed with Auburn this year. His brother also plays and is signed to UCF (Central Florida) so that could play a part in his recruitment… He is getting interest from a lot of good schools.

Lewis has not played much this year battling ankle and shoulder injury but it looks like he’ll be back for the state playoffs where his team goes for its 4th straight title.

Lewis is 6’2 180ish with a very good 3 point shot. Not an above the rim type so he’s going to be in College 4 years. Nice floater and can get into the lane, not exceptionally quick, good vision for a PG.

Dotson is better, but I would never turn down either.

• Both Dotson and Lewis should be good college players. At this point, I’m wondering if any of the 2018 PGs KU is in on are in a position to reclassify if needed.

• @BShark

Not sure on that but we have to be careful about reclassification’s. Sometimes you can pressure a kid to move up a class and he’s just not ready for College Ball. Thornton of Duke is an excellent example of this very thing. And in the position that KU is in, in desperate need of a top flight PG you risk ruining the players development and the team as well.

Dotson just from video would seem the more ready of the 2 to move up. The more I watch of him the more I think he’s underrated. I’m sure Lewis is one of those options they would look to if they missed on others. The problem with that scenario is other teams prioritize and KU loses out by chasing bigger fish.

A side not to 2018 KU is actively in it for Silvio de Sousa a top 20 6’8 big from Montverde. That is something I didn’t think would happen. De Sousa is a top flight PF with some really nice offensive skill. Shittu, Sousa & Emmitt Williams are very good targets to keep after

• @BeddieKU23 said:

Not sure on that but we have to be careful about reclassification’s. Sometimes you can pressure a kid to move up a class and he’s just not ready for College Ball. Thornton of Duke is an excellent example of this very thing. And in the position that KU is in, in desperate need of a top flight PG you risk ruining the players development and the team as well.

Fair point. I just really hope Young picks KU, but at least we will know soon.

@BeddieKU23 said:

A side not to 2018 KU is actively in it for Silvio de Sousa a top 20 6’8 big from Montverde. That is something I didn’t think would happen. De Sousa is a top flight PF with some really nice offensive skill. Shittu, Sousa & Emmitt Williams are very good targets to keep after

According to who?

• @BShark

Zagsblog

De Sousa, a native of Angola, listed Louisville, Kansas, North Carolina and Kentucky as the schools working the hardest.

• @BeddieKU23

Interesting. Scott said previously that KU isn’t really in that one. Would love for that to have changed. All three bigs you mentioned in your last post would be great gets.

• @BShark

We’ll see what happens, all the heavy hitters after him. I imagine KU has kept contact by default because of their interest in Barrett. Might be one we are making progress with behind the scenes and we certainly have the Diallo/Udoka angle to work with him being from Angola. Seems like we are seeing more guys mentioning interest from KU that were thought to not even be on the radar.

• @BeddieKU23

It’s just my opinion, but I’m guessing the public is only privy to about 10% of the info surrounding recruiting.

We get to know when there is something FORMALLY done, like an offer. And we know what players and family members leak to the press. We also have people reporting from games on who is in attendance.

This is the big reason why we can’t accurately second-guess coaches, players, etc.

If you have been around any popular HS athlete who is getting attention from colleges you will get a taste of what the athletes deal with during the process.

• @drgnslayr

Very good point. And the 10% we get is 10% more then we were getting even 10 years ago. I remember when we knew what kids were on the team when we saw the first game played and saw someone we didn’t recognize. Times have changed dramatically. Every little move these top kids make is interpreted in 50 ways.

• @BeddieKU23

So true.

“Every little move these top kids make is interpreted in 50 ways.”

And those interpretations have so little real knowledge on the process. I don’t get too wrapped up in the recruiting process because I value my sanity. How can one remain sane when all of these things are going down and there is little info out there to understand WHY it goes like it goes? We can blame it all on kids being kids… “what do teenagers know?”

I bet many of these top recruits have a pretty good understanding of the process and their opportunities. We may not always agree with what they do… but we wear crimson/blue glasses.

• @drgnslayr

Definitely, because of the lack of real knowledge half the time its just senseless rumors. Especially the recruitment’s that drag on for an entire cycle.

Some really do put off committing just so they can get the exposure. Who wouldn’t take 5 free visits if your 17-18 and will get the royal carpet everywhere you go. And now your parents can accompany you as well with no expense to them. Kids/Parents never had it so good.

Trevon Duval is the perfect example of taking his free visits, heck he saw an epic game last week against Baylor.

• @BeddieKU23 said:

Seems like we are seeing more guys mentioning interest from KU that were thought to not even be on the radar.

Yeah 18 really isn’t the usual class where KU seems to lead for elite guys early then most don’t pan out. At the end of the day KU is going to have plenty of PT and scholarships to give so I would bet it ends up a decent sized class. Especially with post players, we could be looking at a situation where only Lightfoot (and maybe a 2017 mystery recruit) are still on the roster at that point. It’s likely that both interior starting spots will be open.

• @BeddieKU23

Right on!

And that exposure is important for them and their futures. So many players want to visit blue blood programs because they are also making valuable contacts for their careers ahead of them.

It is no surprise that players like Buddy Hield have solid friendships with other players and especially coaches.

It is one big fraternity… as it should be!

• Norm checking in on studs Silvio De Sousa and Emmitt Williams Thursday. I guess Duval too but blah.

• @BShark said:

Norm checking in on studs Silvio De Sousa and Emmitt Williams Thursday. I guess Duval too but blah.

Good plan sending our best after those 2 studs

• @BeddieKU23 said:

@BShark said:

Norm checking in on studs Silvio De Sousa and Emmitt Williams Thursday. I guess Duval too but blah.

Good plan sending our best after those 2 studs

Probably going to have two starting spots to sell*. We could do worse than those two.

*Unless Doke stays a third year. Imo he could really use it, but the lure of an NBA paycheck might be too great to resist.

• @BShark

Definitely, Williams is a must get.

• Syracuse and UConn have offered David Duke as well now. Yeah it’s gonna get heated for his services.

• Quentin Grimes will be visiting Tejas today along with a bunch of other kids. Smart move to bring in so many kids for their superbowl and not some random game where the gym would be 30% full.