Austin Nichols Booted from UVA

• @BShark huge blow for Virginia.

• @HawkChamp

Agree. Probably makes them fairly irrelevant this season.

• @BShark Wonder what he did?

• Info not out there yet that I can see. I will bump this thread if something comes out.

• @BShark

He only played one game for them after transferring from Memphis and sitting out one year. I don’t believe it will affect the team that much.

• this makes the 2nd place he has burned after abruptly leaving Memphis. I remember he had to hire a lawyer to get released from them.

• @BeddieKU23

Appears to be a trainwreck.

• @BShark

He must have done something good to get kicked off but Bennett isn’t the type to take anyone distracting the team.

• @JayHawkFanToo said:

@BShark

He only played one game for them after transferring from Memphis and sitting out one year. I don’t believe it will affect the team that much.

Just noticed this post. They really don’t have anyone good in the post now.

• @BShark

Very young team. Their 2 best pro prospects haven’t even played yet for them. Going to be a committee approach now

• This may be a tough year for Virginia. But these are the years when coaches truly earn their reputations. Bennett has been building quite the reputation in college basketball with his tough defenses.

I don’t think I’m ready to fall asleep on Virginia… not just yet.

• @drgnslayr

Good point about the rep Bennett has had. A lot of it has been with experienced rosters which is the opposite of what he has. He does have a Sr leader though which is like having another coach on the court. It lowers the ceiling for them but they are still a tournament worthy team if this loss doesn’t upset status quo

• Rumours are alcohol and cocaine.

• UVA gave up 38 to Yale today… Just 38. Still a stingy defense that will keep them in games.

Yale had scored 98 @ Washington last week which isn’t saying much. Romar routinely gives up 90 to YMCA’s. Yale is also missing its tournament darling for the year.

Looks like your connection to KU Buckets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.