Miss these 2!

• image.jpg

• Tonight Wigs had 31 pts, 4 boards and 4 assists Tarik had 7 pts 10 boards

• Gooden had a dble dble, 15 pts 17 boards

• WHAT IF Gooden comes back for the 2002-2003 season. One of my many depressing what if’s concerning Kansas basketball.

• Can’t believe sports writers saying wiggins doesn’t deserve rookie of the year. Then point to warp or some useless analytical stats to make their point stick. Kid is playing with basically all college players or just removed. When chase Budinger is the vet playing on your team you know something is wrong.

• Not being harsh here, but I don’t miss either of them. If they would have been here for a college career, sure. I miss Withey. I miss TRob. I miss Sherron. I miss the Morrises. I miss Releford. I miss EJ.

I do wish Black would have started here. But as for Wiggins, nice kid, handled himself well and all, and I like him – but I don’t miss him at all. I’ll be honest, I miss Andrew White more the Wiggins by a long shot.

• @VoyagingJayhawk Hey, on that topic. Shouldnt KU get the 03 title by default? I mean since Syracuse is being shellacked for NCAA violations. I wonder if they include 2003?

• Too bad Wigs can’t come back to represent Kansas (USA) this summer. He would be my choice to bring back.

I can already hear the Big Blue Nation throwing a fit why Kentucky wasn’t chosen as the Nation’s team! All I can say to them is represented in a one-finger gesture!

@Lulufulu

Yes they should! But the NCAA refuses to vacate titles… they wouldn’t ban UKs title in the 50s in the year they were nailed in the NY point shaving scheme.

• @HighEliteMajor Yeah, I can see that. I mean out of all the OAD/TAD types that have come through KU, I have to say I miss JoJo the most. That kid was great, huge talent for a footer from KU. Very funny and likeable too.

• @Lulufulu That’s why I can’t stand the OAD deal … you don’t get that real attachment to a kid at all. To be honest, while I really like Embiid, I still wish we would have gotten a three-four year guy in the top 60ish range in the post instead of Embiid in 2013 (and thus we wouldn’t have gotten Cliff either). He’d be a junior next season, we’d presumably have a better developed player, and we’d be better off. Even if the guy didn’t develop as we’d hoped, we wouldn’t be any worse, would we? Heck, doubtful he’d be worse than Traylor.

• @HighEliteMajor I wonder, if someone took a vote among the fans, who would be in favor of the OAD system? Probably the only ones that would vote for it would be the parents, friends and benefactors of those about to be multi-millionaires.

I’m with you. I hate it. No one will ever convince me that the only reason that WSU beat us is because ( don’t beat me up, I didn’t look it up ) they started 3 seniors and 2 juniors. ?? Something like that - very experienced.

I’ve been saying it for years now - MUCH of the time, experience will beat raw talent in this college game.

• @nuleafjhawk

experience didn’t win us the championship in 2012 when we faced a team full of freshman and some holdovers. So the premise that you go far because you have all upperclassmen doesn’t always hold water. Is it probably an advantage, yes. Wichita wasn’t a more talented team but they beat us because they wanted it more and played better defense.

• @BeddieKU23 Agreed … but you know what I’m going to say. They schemed to take advantage of their offensive strengths. We didn’t. We didn’t have any real offense the entire second half. Pretty easy to play defense when the offense doesn’t make you work.

@nuleafjhawk And we are participating in the OAD system out of our own free will. When you reference experience, it seems even more important with a rigid system coach.

• @HighEliteMajor

True they did scheme but our defense was pathetic after the first 12-14 minutes and Weasel had a career day. They turned their defense up and forced turnover after turnover after bad shot. It was the perfect storm on how to lose a game.

I saw a stat that Izzo & Pitino have made the elite 8 something like 20 times combined in their coaching careers. Remarkable feet, remarkable that they can make different teams gel so well. Izzo is known for hardnose ball, defense, rebounding and solid sets. Pitino is known for zone defense, athlete’s and shooters. What is Self known for? Defense & High/Low. We did neither of those at a normal Self level = go home early.

• Last nights nba Jayhawks

@NBA_Jayhawks: Last night:

Wiggins 31 pts Mc Morris 19 pts 12 reb Mk Morris 15 pts 9 reb Gooden 15 pts 17 reb Chalmers 13 pts 5 ast Black 7 pts 10 reb

• @BeddieKU23 we had the most experienced team in 2013 and ironically we lost due to loss of poise. Still I love EJ for being the ultimate Jayhawk for four years and for that amazing 2012 run to the final game.