Self Goes With Full Court Pressure?

• Ok I need some help here. We’re up one point under 10 seconds left, and what do I see? Full court pressure Jamari is on on Staten, Mari easily gets burned, Staten sprints down the court with ease and gets a quick easy 2. Who’s idea was that? Help me out fellow hawks because I’m at a loss right now.

• @PAYHEED

I’m at a TOTAL loss! I have no idea what just happened…on the last play or the whole game!

Brannen 0 for 1 in 12 min.

Cliff…6 min 1 rebound.

Perry quiet 19 that should have been 21.

Selden 4 pts in 28 min.

Jam Tray 4 pts in 26 min.

Lucas misses front end.

Argh…

• Thank you Vailhawk! I would understand that call if we were down one. Get full court pressure, and try to get a turnover or an immediate foul. But up by 1? Get those guys back and let WVU try to score on a rushed, contested shot. Unbelivable. I’m still shaking my head trying to figure out the benefit of making that call. Much like the final Seahawks posession in the most recent Super Bowl. A slant route instead of a hand off to Lynch? Things that make you go hmmmmm…

• @VailHawk

That is a great list that drives my point home: how the devil did we only lose by 1. How were we even in this game at all?

"There’s somethin’ happenin’ here

And what it is ain’t exactly clear…"

• I suspect the reason for the full-court with 8.3 seconds is to try to use up several of those precious seconds trying to get to mid-court.

Unfortunately, the drive was mostly unimpeded from coast-to-coast and Staten scored in about 5 seconds. If we take three seconds off-- make him stop once and redirect in the backcourt – he might not make it.

As it was, we let them score so quickly that we had plenty of time to score right back.