Secret to UK's Recruiting?
Here’s a thought related to UK’s current strategery. It came to me while driving through heavy snow on I-70 about 700 miles west of Lawrence.
The NBA drafts on potential, right? UK/Squid/ShoeCO may have stumbled upon (this seems better than giving them actual credit) how to get multiple OAD’s at every position.
Come to UK:
- Play no more than 15-20 min a game.
- Your legs will be fresh.
- You’ll retain all of your “potential” and “high ceiling” mystery the league loves to draft
I’m afraid it will go on until…
- The NCAA stops it.
- Teams adapt to the Kentucky strategy.
- Cal gets tired of talking to tall 18 year olds.
- The NCAA uncovers a cheating scandal.
- Kentucky secedes from the union.
- Kentucky fans tire of it. Seriously. Do you want your entire team made of OAD’s every year? I guess if it delivers NC’s, but there’s got to be some sane Kentucky fans out there who don’t like players leaving after one year.
- Kid begin to wisen up (fat chance) that if you go to Kentucky you’ll sit on the bench half the game while playing major minutes at just about any other school in the country.
- @jaybate-1.0 goes on a hunger strike until the NCAA does something about.
- @drgnslayr uses up his remaining eligibilty and infiltrates the Kentucky program as a mole and uses wealthy donors to funnel money to UK players and then blows the whistle. At his press conference he peals off his UK shirt revealing a KU shirt. He moves onto his next target, Duke and uncovers their slush fund for referees and Dick Vitale.
- Kentucky thinks they can beat NBA teams and the entire program goes pro.
Red.Rooster last edited by
@wisoxfan83 I like number 9. It goes into the PHOF! Awesome Baby !!
“9. @drgnslayr uses up his remaining eligibilty and infiltrates the Kentucky program as a mole and uses wealthy donors to funnel money to UK players and then blows the whistle. At his press conference he peals off his UK shirt revealing a KU shirt. He moves onto his next target, Duke and uncovers their slush fund for referees and Dick Vitale.”
@wissoxfan83 What can the NCAA do to stop it? Salary cap?
@Wigs2 Kentucky is the only program that needs a salary cap!
@RedRooster Days off from work can really stimulate my creative mind!
#7 re playing time…this is the point I’m trying to articulate. I think there’s a balance here. You don’t want too little playing time like Josh Selby (injuries) or too much like Wayne Selden and expose you may not be OAD material.
I’m not advocating this at KU!
I just think UK has stumbled upon something that works for them…get a bunch of OAD’s at every position and even if you only average 5-10 pts per game you’ll still be viewed as a great potential talent that will blossom once you’re in the league playing w lesser talent!
No Idea how I get the large font! Wife is driving (heading east to the Holy Land) and I’m using Chrome on new 6+
nuleafjhawk last edited by
@VailHawk did you use the pound sign in front of the 7 ?
@nuleafjhawk You’ve just outed yourself as a computer geek!
nuleafjhawk last edited by
I messed up at work a little while ago and let them know I wasn’t 100% incompetent and now they actually expect me to DO stuff now and then…
drgnslayr last edited by drgnslayr
I’m in for #9… I’ll first buy me some of those Jayhawk basketball shoes that adds several inches of height. Maybe even wear two or three pairs at a time just to be recognized as their future PG.
Let’s see… how does that work? The first shoes will be a size 12. The second shoes a size 15. The third shoes a size 18.
I’ll learn to play a fiddle, drink lots of Kentucky bourbon, and I’ll grease my hair back with a quart of Quaker State.
Anybody got a comb?
jaybate 1.0 last edited by
Dang, okay, I will try to give up my gumbo for the good of the game.