KU ROSTER 2026-27
-
I am guessing that this hypothetical would mean Atticus Richmond or Grant Mordini getting the boot? Or perhaps someone like Christian Reeves or Dennis Parker decommits because they don't like getting recruited over
-
Y’all fellas got it this year man. I don’t enjoy watching Melvin play basketball and I’m not trying to see Leroy and Tyran’s game altered like Darryn’s to make Melvin useful.
-
TRk has a Kansas email
-
Melvin Council has seemingly confirmed his intent to return to Kansas on his Instagram stories. He seems very happy to get the chance to return.
-
Would KU have to cut 1 or 2 players to make room for both Council and Kaufman-Renn?
If both come in and play, does anyone else think Self is building a team to win rock fights this year and will be playing a lot of "bad ball" this season?
-
This is getting very interesting and do we have the money for all of this? Guess if a few football players checks bounce it’s okay not like they’ve earned them at all in most cases.
-
@Texas-Hawk-10 said in KU ROSTER 2026-27:
Would KU have to cut 1 or 2 players to make room for both Council and Kaufman-Renn?
If both come in and play, does anyone else think Self is building a team to win rock fights this year and will be playing a lot of "bad ball" this season?
1 by my count. Atticus Richmond is about to be a very prestigious manager. If we roll out Mel Tre Stokes Dawes TKR that’s still 3 guys who can shoot 35%+ from 3. I think it’ll be a brand of bully ball. Crash the glass, run the break, maximize the number of possessions given the pace we usually run. Oh and they’ll absolutely guard the piss out of everyone
-
Don't forget you can look up to the very first post in this thread to track the continually updated roster

-
@kjayhawks2.0 said in KU ROSTER 2026-27:
This is getting very interesting and do we have the money for all of this? Guess if a few football players checks bounce it’s okay not like they’ve earned them at all in most cases.
From my limited understanding it's easier to raise money now for known quantities (can't get more known than Mel and TKR) at this stage if they want to be here than it is "mystery recruits" early in the process.
-
While adding Tre is a no-brainer, I think Melvin's situation is more nuanced. There are likely two point guards already on the team with higher ceilings. Would we bench one of them to play the guy with a higher floor? Melvin is among my favorite transfers all time, and I really enjoyed watching his enthusiasm and determination, but his outside shooting just is not there. And if there's a chance to get a solid post player where we really need another guy, that seems to be the priority for the last slot. Farmer Jayhawk mentioned the chance of one of the current guys to shift into a manager role, but I just read something from Bill Self who said once the school uses scholarship money to pay tuition that that player is locked in for the year. So there's only one spot left. Self also mentioned that Melvin might actually decide to go elsewhere as there may not be much in the way of NIL money for him (or maybe playing time?) at KU.
-
@MN-Hawk Definitely a tough one to sort out. I believed, all along, this day would come and Both Tre and Mel would obtain at least temporary approval. Both will be challenged, and I wouldn't be surprised if we go 1 for 2. I know Melvin's outside shooting is subpar, but when looking at this team, maybe what we need most from him is his junkyard attitude and energy. I'm thinking we should have solid trey shooting this year. Actually... I wouldn't mind seeing Melvin be our 6th man. Imagine that energy he will bring off the bench! Looking at Melvin's stats... he's solid, except for outside shooting. Melvin is a team cheerleader. I can think of so many Self teams that needed someone who could spark the team! Just my opinion.
-
I was wondering if he’d be satisfied being a 6th man. Perfect role for him to my mind.