The Yankees

• Hey approinfinity figures it would be a nice moment for me to post in my thread ( Yankees ) - was checking Yankees score and it was 4-3 NY in the 7th.-- Turned my head for a second , looked back and it was 7-3 Yankees in the 7th. Thought dang someone had to homer figured was a 3 run homer-- but noooo lol,

In the 7th Juan Soto hit a home run with no on & one out his 57th career high - -then Judge comes up and hits another home run his second of the day his 51st & 52 home runs and 122 RBI’s —with none on & one out then Stanton comes up and hits a home run his 223rd with none on & one out-- — JUMPIN GEE HOSIE TOADS , THEY WENT bACK --TO bACK- - -TO bACK YASAA YASAA LMAO

• Here’s another reason to dislike ESPN. It’s a love hate relationship because of stuff like this. But I watch less and less ESPN because they seem to dislike baseball. Open up my ESPN APP on the phone, I want to find MLB scores. (yes I know there’s better ways to find what I want but one would think the world wide leader would have baseball scores prominently). Headlines is first, only 3 are baseball related, all Yankees, next as I scroll is LLWS, ok, I guess that’s baseball too, Golf, Fantasy football, Aaron judge, LLWS, Global soccer scores (sorry but are these scores now more important in the US than baseball?), Sundays top goals, LLWS, LLWS, Weekend Review, US Open tennis (which hasn’t happened yet), German Soccer, German Soccer, Preseason NFL standouts, NFL scores, NFL preseason, WNBA story and scores and finally MLB. Scroll scroll scroll before finally finding some of the scores, not all, and really only the royalty scores are shown, including the Royals but to be honest only because they’re playing Philly. No Brewers score shown who have the biggest division lead in baseball.

• @wissox said in The Yankees:

Here’s another reason to dislike ESPN. It’s a love hate relationship because of stuff like this. But I watch less and less ESPN because they seem to dislike baseball. Open up my ESPN APP on the phone, I want to find MLB scores. (yes I know there’s better ways to find what I want but one would think the world wide leader would have baseball scores prominently). Headlines is first, only 3 are baseball related, all Yankees, next as I scroll is LLWS, ok, I guess that’s baseball too, Golf, Fantasy football, Aaron judge, LLWS, Global soccer scores (sorry but are these scores now more important in the US than baseball?), Sundays top goals, LLWS, LLWS, Weekend Review, US Open tennis (which hasn’t happened yet), German Soccer, German Soccer, Preseason NFL standouts, NFL scores, NFL preseason, WNBA story and scores and finally MLB. Scroll scroll scroll before finally finding some of the scores, not all, and really only the royalty scores are shown, including the Royals but to be honest only because they’re playing Philly. No Brewers score shown who have the biggest division lead in baseball.

This is my opinion only, some may not care that ESPN ignores baseball. I can’t image more people are opening up the app to read about some of those things.

• There are a lot of times I will use the Goggle app to see MLB Baseball scores. I will use the search, by using the Mic and ask for MLB Baseball .scores.

It brings them up , the first cat that comes up is ESPN. – then it goes and says MLB on ESPN - Scores , Stats and Highlights.

Then there is your next cat and it says ESPN , MLB Scores, 2024 Season.

I use this Goggle app a lot to find scores, I use it a lot too because they have lot’s of KU articles - -and it had other sports too, so you might try it that way, cause I get every teams scores and highlights

Just go to the Goggle site and speak into the mic and ask for ESPN MLB scores should work for you

• @jayballer67 Saw the back-back-back homeruns - is right field short? Center is 408, pretty average. I see where the stadium is rated the 4th most home run friendly in the bigs.

• @dylans said in The Yankees:

@jayballer67 Saw the back-back-back homeruns - is right field short? Center is 408, pretty average. I see where the stadium is rated the 4th most home run friendly in the bigs.

Right field is pretty short ,can’t remember the distance, lot of fly ball home runs, still Judge hitting those to opposite field , seen quite a few from hin 440 , 458 ft, 420 plus, but ye right field is cheap , unless you clear the ball pen bud, those are legit

• @wissox Your post sets out why I don’t use the ESPN app. I use the ESPN web site, and have saved on my sports home page separately each of the links for their front pages for MLB, NBA, CFB, CBB and NFL. Oh, golf, too.

• @mayjay I know, and I did try to say in the midst there’s easier ways to find MLB scores, but it irks me some anyhow!

• @wissox you are easily irked!😂

• @Crimsonorblue22 Ha, I know it. And it irks me that you pointed it out!!!

• @wissox Don’t feel bad - I’ve noticed the older I get, the more easily “irked” I am. Things that never used to bother me AT ALL just gripe my butt now. Maybe we’re just less tolerant of all the BS around us now.

• @nuleafjhawk Althouugh I agree we are swimming through a tsunami of BS, there is a bit of good news in the bovine discharge department: scientists have discovered a way to genetically engineer the intestinal tracks of calves so they won’t produce as much methane. Cattle produce 4% of the CO2 in the atmosphere.

Breathe easier!

• @mayjay I can’t tell you how much better I feel now! Thank you!

• This is the place for the Yankees

• @Crimsonorblue22 Who last won a World Series the Yankees or Royals? 😝 Number 28 has been a loooooong time coming.

• Well the Royals had an obvious Out not called and dropped game one. It’s all gravy at this point don’t get me wrong just wished something went right today.

• Gonna be a good serries

• Amazing game. Of course you had to beat a former White Sox pitcher to tie up the series!

• @wissox I did not realize Rodon likes to celebrate after every strikeout?

• @AsadZ I’ve never seen him like that. He threw a no no for us once and was all business on the mound. I was a little chagrined seeing that the other day. But I’m becoming a big Salvy fan this season. His interview on MLB channel the other night was golden. Hinted that Rodon’s antics were a big motivator.

• El Capitain

• Logo was going strong for 4 but lost control, pretty much same thing as his previous start against Baltimore

Come on Royals, let’s go now

• @AsadZ he needs to ride pine tonight

• We are tied now

Let’s go and get it

• Yankees made a great play at second there smh got make it happen in the ninth

• Gonna be a good series, I think it will go five

• We don’t have the horses but sure fun to have playoff baseball back in KC!

Pitchers aren’t getting ahead in the count - leading to walks and working up the hill versus down it

Hitters don’t have as good of an eye as the Yankees do. They make you throw strikes before just wailing at first pitch fastball

• KC pitchers have issued too many walks, part of this could be due to them being careful with Yankee hitters.

They need to get back and pound the zone and don’t get down on strikes.

Our hitters need to step up especially Witt Jr and Pasquantino.

• I know this is ok as it’s Yankees thread, All I have to say is – IF and again I say IF - your Royals DO end up losing the series and I’m not saying that they are going to but IF they do you won’t have to looks any further then the walks issued. - -In two of the game that I know of they have walked Seventeen Yankee hitters. You just can’t do that and expect to win–that’s just giving extra outs.

It’s not like NY is tearing the cover off the ball hitting- -Judge sure the hell ain’t- -he is just as frustrating fo Yankee fans in his case as the Royals are with the walks - -I still say it’s gonna be a good series and think it will go the full five,-- Al though it’s time for Cole to step up pitch a good game for NY.

• @jayballer67 you are correct

Too many walks

I think our pitchers are a bit intimidated by Bronx Bombers.

We need to strike and pound the zone.

• Walking is definitely a problem but the yanks have much bigger strike zone than the zone from what I have seen

• Regardless of outcome I’m very happy for KC and how far they’ve come along.

Their payroll is perhaps 1/4 of Yankees and they have come along this far as a small market team.

• I watched Judge in some interviews and got an impression that he is genuinely a nice dude, humble and not arrogant.

I cant say the same about Soto.

• @AsadZ said in The Yankees:

I watched Judge in some interviews and got an impression that he is genuinely a nice dude, humble and not arrogant.

If I were a 25 year old with Soto’s experience and accomplishments and skills, I wouldn’t be humble either. Some people who are arrogant are just jerks, but a very elite few are just that good.

• Juan Soto is the best natural hitter I have ever rooted for (when he was a young kid on the Nats). Back then he reminded me of a prime Bonds or prime Manny. His understanding of the strike zone at that age was unreal.

• @mayjay said in The Yankees:

@AsadZ said in The Yankees:

I watched Judge in some interviews and got an impression that he is genuinely a nice dude, humble and not arrogant.

If I were a 25 year old with Soto’s experience and accomplishments and skills, I wouldn’t be humble either. Some people who are arrogant are just jerks, but a very elite few are just that good.

No doubt he is good, glad we have him for this ONE year lol

• @AsadZ yeah. I’m. Fan of Judge. He’s a specimen and humble a truly rare combination.

• @dylans He always looks shy when they show him in the dugout. Has one of those callow faces evocative of a kid looking around in wonder.

• @dylans said in The Yankees:

@AsadZ yeah. I’m. Fan of Judge. He’s a specimen and humble a truly rare combination.

Another is Stanton , not flashy cocky at all, kind of quiet- - has had a pretty nice post Season and his forearms and bi -ceps - - good lord