Giving up the Sox

• I’m still bitter about 2005 so I’m not all that upset to see the Sox suck. At least y’all don’t have the worst stadium in MLB, until this season is done and the A’s leave Oakland.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 Will Sacramento’s stadium improve the A’s stadium rank next year?

• @nuleafjhawk said in Giving up the Sox:

@AsadZ wish it was the Yankees

Sorry but it’s not. we went through our slump and bacmk on track. sorry to let you down.

• @jayballer67 the fact that you’re a Yankees fan is kind of disappointing. Is it even legal to root for Green Bay in football and New York in baseball? I think you need to re-prioritize your life.

@jayballer67 the fact that you’re a Yankees fan is kind of disappointing. Is it even legal to root for Green Bay in football and New York in baseball? I think you need to re-prioritize your life.

LMAO, I appreciate your concern , and yet I think I’ll stay put -kind of like who I pull for, I mean come on I pull for KC Chiefs UNLESS they are playing GB, which by the way the way all the so called experts are saying is in line for a monster year this year.

Still the youngest rostr in the NFL – love the receivers, and The Yankees have the best player in base ball by far hands down , Judge is a Monster. Have fans of these clubs for over 60 yrs- --to late to up root now, but thanks for the interest lol.

• @jayballer67 I absolutely love Judge- monster home runs, no roids. Buster Olney is big on Bobby Witt Jr. says he’s the best all around player in baseball.

• @jayballer67 Okey doke. To each his own! Lol

• @dylans said in Giving up the Sox:

@jayballer67 I absolutely love Judge- monster home runs, no roids. Buster Olney is big on Bobby Witt Jr. says he’s the best all around player in baseball.

Witt is good for sure, and yet I’ll take Aaron just personal preference . - -hey both are good

@jayballer67 Okey doke. To each his own! Lol

Exactly , that’s what is great we have options – but you still my Jay Hawk Buddy

• Haven’t visited my thread in a minute, why the heck we talking about Judge in two different threads? He’s not the best player by far hands down. Not sure he’s any better than Bobby Witt right now.

• @wissox said in Giving up the Sox:

Haven’t visited my thread in a minute, why the heck we talking about Judge in two different threads? He’s not the best player by far hands down. Not sure he’s any better than Bobby Witt right now.

lol your so funny I like that, humor --no comparison they just gae another stat on Judge today he is the first Man in the history of MLB over a 98 game stretch hitting 373 - -with no 48 home runs and 114 RBI’s, to make that kind of statement you might want to stick with your White Sox

Come on geez when they keep throwing out all these facts that he has accomplished as the fastest player,- -doing more then Ruth & Mantle and your comparing him with Witt ? come now -Don’t hate the player, right now in this time Aaron Judge is right on top -not hard to figure that out. - -You don’t hear me talking crap on Witt but you saying Judge is no better then Witt , mercy let me have some of what your drinking cause that’s just laughable He is on Pace to hit 61 HT’s & - -149 RBI’S -149 – that’s just insane Oh almost forgot -Aaron ha hit ony about half of his league leading forty eight home runs at home and not al of those wee ovr the cheapie fence fang it lol.

• @jayballer67 There’s a lot of people saying Witt is going to give Judge a run for MVP. He’s carrying that team to a possible playoff berth, a team not swimming in MLB aided and abetted privilege, but a team doing it with scouting and player development and savvy.

Here’s the thing. I start a thread because my team is in the midst of a historically bad season and you hijack the thread and make it about everyones least favorite team.

• @wissox said in Giving up the Sox:

@jayballer67 There’s a lot of people saying Witt is going to give Judge a run for MVP. He’s carrying that team to a possible playoff berth, a team not swimming in MLB aided and abetted privilege, but a team doing it with scouting and player development and savvy.

Here’s the thing. I start a thread because my team is in the midst of a historically bad season and you hijack the thread and make it about everyones least favorite team.

Wrong -surprise – once again I’m just right there like any other TRUE fan of their team , you think I’m just gonna sit back and let you continually talk all your crap on MY team- guess what I’m gonna be the Pope tomorrow too… - -I’m not putting a gun to anyone’s head and doing anything. YOUR TEAM is doing that all by themselves

I haven’t talked smack on any other team I acknowledged that Witt is a good player -Judge good-?- - ummm no , but good. KC is finally got a decent team again this year. - -I’m sorry I didn’t realize the header on this said - -Wissox Post’s my bad --I was wanting to comment and I did comment under MLB–which I thought – I thought-- I thought- - -Maybe- - -just maybe Meant people could talk about any player–any team again my bad I’ll be sure and check ahead of time , next time ok ? - one thing i can’t stand is a hi jacker lol - -but please try and be a little grown up and quit taking your personal jabs on a team/ player because the guy is really good and re-writing Base ball history every time you turn around. Now I’m done and moving on- --but I’m sure you need that last word so go ahead and I’ll wait but I’m done and moving on – no time to get into childish squabble and you have a great day

• @wissox Technically, someone else said they wished the problems facing the White Sox were facing the Yankees instead. A back and forth ensued in which several people, including you and me, participated.

Here’s the thing…do you really feel like wallowing in W Sox misery?

• Solve the problem and just make a yanks category.

• @Crimsonorblue22 said in Giving up the Sox:

Solve the problem and just make a yanks category.

Yankees fal under the Cat of KC Royals/ Other MLB , should be able to mention any team under that Cat

• @jayballer67 Wrong thread. This is a White Sox thread. Look at the top. 🔝 “Giving up the Sox”. I’m pretty sure that Carly Simon song was about Yankee fans lol. Let @wissox wallow in his Chicago misery without gloating.

• @dylans said in Giving up the Sox:

@jayballer67 Wrong thread. This is a White Sox thread. Look at the top. 🔝 “Giving up the Sox”. I’m pretty sure that Carly Simon song was about Yankee fans lol. Let @wissox wallow in his Chicago misery without gloating.

LMAO agreed my bad

• Instead of giving up the Sox, you put yanks 🥰❤️‍🔥🥳⭐💥🫶👍💪🏽

• @wissox did the Sox keep that pitcher that said he wouldn’t pitch in the playoffs if he was traded without a new contract? lol what a weird demand. Extra work load I guess. 🤷♂

• @dylans Yes, Garrett Crochet has been by far our best player. They’re shutting him down to 4 inning starts as this is first year after TJS. I’m glad they didn’t trade him. He’s really good.

• @mayjay True. I do have a little hope with a new manager. But little hope. It’s turning out to be harder to give up the Sox than I thought!

• @wissox With Reinsdorf, I am surprised anyone stays a fan.

By the way, if you are a Bill Veeck fan, who owned the Sox until the 70’s, there is a really engrossing documentary on Netflix about his son, Mike. “The Saint of Second Chances.” I never knew his story. 50 to 60 years of a fascinating life. Had no idea he was basically just like his dad, only more so.

• @mayjay The Veecks are legends here. Planted the ivy at Wrigley. Put names on jerseys. Made the Sox wear shorts. Exploding scoreboard. Disco Demo. Organ in the stands with the greatest ball park organist Nancy Faust who made Na Na Na Hey Hey what it is at sporting events.

Not Sox related but when he owned the Indians and broke the AL color barrier with the signings of Larry Doby and Satchel Paige and famously sent a short person, 3’ 7" up to bat with a toy bat in a game and told him snipers in the stands would shoot him if he swung at a pitch.

When Reinsdorf bought the team he said at a press conference “Now I will show Chicago how to run a baseball team.” I shoulda known then, but 1983 happened when the Sox were great and I got sucked in. After that press conference he never went back to Sox park, and spent his waning years in the bleachers at Wrigley with his ash tray attached to his wooden leg, shirtless like all the other fans.

It’s amazing we went from that amazing man to the cold and heartless Reinsdorf. We could have had Eddie Debartolo owning the team but AL owners voted against his purchase bid under the guise of he might have had mafia ties but they were afraid that he was just too good at what he did and would do. But turns out he was pretty sleazy getting involved in various scandals and even worse a sexual assault charge in which he did what rich guys do and paid her off to avoid any legal troubles. (sound familiar?)

• @wissox Fun stuff! Veeck actually owned the St Louis Browns when he sent Eddie Gaedel to bat. His number was 1/8. He owned the Browns after the Indians, and brought Satchel Paige back for a season. The other owners forced Veeck to sell the Browns, who then moved to Baltimore to become the Orioles. (I am still shocked he was allowed to buy the White Sox.)

Disco demolition day is covered very extensively in the Mike Veeck documentary. It was his idea but his dad took the blame.

Fun fact: The previous Orioles left Baltimore in 1903 for NYC to become…the Highlanders, and later the Yankees. Can’t get away from them in this thread.

• @mayjay Yeah I saw the documentary. My mom would take my sisters to a Bible camp every summer where she was the camp nurse and i was old enough to be left home while dad went to work during the day the summer of Disco Demolition. I was begging my dad to take me to the games because it was a doubleheader. Not even sure I knew about the disco thing, but thankfully we didn’t go. I did watch it on TV, wild stuff.

Ballparks were crazy back then. Fans running on the field much more common. Fights in stands seemed more prevalent. One Sox game Barry Bonds was in left field. He’d played in Chicago the year before and some fans didn’t like it. He was wearing a batting helmet while playing the field which didn’t stop a fan from throwing a lit m-80 in his direction. I was lucky enough to be at that game!

• Incidentally Bill Veecks widow Mary Frances passed several years ago. She was 102.