Losing Capacity in the Phog.

• Just read with this fifty Millon Reno in the Phog that we are losing seating, no more 16,300. --Didn’t say how many seats w will lose but Seating being taken out in the upper corners , for sure two might be all four but for sure Two.

Seating being replaced by the two Video Boards - -size of twelve foot tall and twenty four feet wide. Trying to up date the Phog without losing history, I can see both sides , but kinda sucks losing fans

• Those seats up in the corners weren’t really a great fan experience. I think the sacrifice makes sense-- remove seats that give a poor fan experience and use the space to improve the experience for all the other fans. Adding HVAC, monitors, wifi etc is an undeniable improvement.

• When they added those corner bleachers it was good to get more people in the door, but they’re the only bad seats in Allen Fieldhouse.

• If the NIL and Transfer Portal shenanigans keep going the way they are, there will probably be even less people in the stands.

• @nuleafjhawk tickets cost less now than they did 10 years ago. With inflation they’re practically free now!

• @dylans I’m honestly burned out on college sports right now. I hope that changes. But at this moment, tickets would about HAVE to be free before I’d consider going. I hope the football team will give me hope this year - they sure did last season.

• @nuleafjhawk Don’t rely on KU football for any source of happiness/hope, it’s a fools errand. Just enjoy any success as icing on the top. If you view basketball thru the lense of hopeful contender with a brand new team, as opposed to overwhelming favorite, it’s also more enjoyable. But yeah the current environment of college semi-pro sports sucks.

• @nuleafjhawk said in Losing Capacity in the Phog.:

@dylans I’m honestly burned out on college sports right now. I hope that changes. But at this moment, tickets would about HAVE to be free before I’d consider going. I hope the football team will give me hope this year - they sure did last season.

If Jalon Daniels stays healthy, there’s a pretty good chance KU could have a very special season this year. ESPN’s FPI actually likes KU to win the B12 and has the 9th best odds of any team to run the table during the regular season. A big part of that is that KU is projected to have one of the weakest schedules in the country. Based on the FPI, KU is projected to only play 2 teams expected to finish in the top half of the Big 12.

Things are being set up very favorably for KU football this upcoming season.

• @dylans said in Losing Capacity in the Phog.:

When they added those corner bleachers it was good to get more people in the door, but they’re the only bad seats in Allen Fieldhouse.

Yep thats the only spot I’ve sat and not been impressed.