Leipold New Contract

• $7m per season. Kansas is an everything school.

• Yeah. KU is committed to making football competitive and have put their money where their mouth is.

I think the investment is wise.

I also expect that tuition will increase significantly in the next 10 years.

• That’s awesome news - -and yes we are my friend we have truly become an everything School. - So glad we have a respectable football program again.- -Other Schools now know they can’t just chalk us up as a automatic win

• @bskeet you’re probably right but they don’t have anything to do with each other

• Hey FarmerJayhawk --have you heard how e are doing for our funding on Phase 2 update’s buddy

• @bskeet said in Leipold New Contract:

Yeah. KU is committed to making football competitive and have put their money where their mouth is.

I think the investment is wise.

I also expect that tuition will increase significantly in the next 10 years.

Leipold and Self’s salaries are capped at what KU itself actually pays them as state employees. The vast majority of their salaries are paid by boosters and donors it would have next to no impact on tuition prices.

• @jayballer67 all I know is suite demand has been strong, so that means we could get a fancier east side than originally thought or maybe they just stick with a more basic setup but add seats. Idk.

• To clarify my point, the effect of that much money flowing into a small area is that there is a lift to everything in the surroundings.

I just picked out tuition, but really the first thing to rise will be real estate. Eventually that will lead to increased business, wages, standard of living but also cost of living.

If I was an investor, I’d invest in Lawrence now.

• @bskeet Yes. Just like Bill Snyder single-handedly made Manhattan relevant, Lance is going to bring new life to Lawrence. Look for lots of new hotels, restaurants, shopping, etc. soon!

• @bskeet ah! Thanks for the clarification. Yeah that area could use a little sprucing up. There are some gems there (Red Pepper, Cork and Barrell) but stuff like the HERE complex is mostly empty and could use the extra foot traffic. The east and west sides of town are doing well, but filling in some of the central area would be nice.

• After watching last night we maybe a football school here real soon. Self is done in 5 years or less and the outlook right or isnt real high from my standpoint

• A bandwagon fan?

• @FarmerJayhawk said in Leipold New Contract:

@jayballer67 all I know is suite demand has been strong, so that means we could get a fancier east side than originally thought or maybe they just stick with a more basic setup but add seats. Idk.

That’s fine buddy I understand and appreciate what you do know.-- -I don’t care a fancier East side would be pretty cool to, but then again wouldn’t mind more seating either