Looking to next year

• So thinking about the possibilities returning. So K will be a SR right ?- - Boy this guy just does so many things, and just a monster built like a brick outhouse without a brick missing. - -Then we still will have Juan right for one more yr ? - - Then some how if Johnny comes back - -I’m beginning to wonder, just think this kid still enrolled early a year right? -So he is really young but on the other hand hearing rumblings on 1st round pick in draft. - Is he ready do you think ? - -I would think if nothing else he needs a little bulk for NBA but who know- -if he came back for even one more year. Hopefully McDowell guts it out here because I think next year he could play big part of rotation be valuable for us if he came back - -Got to think El Marko will be back, & better with a year of Seasoning.

Then with our incoming class - -Flory —Philon - -& Passmore - I think they could sure help out be solid - -& if by some chance we happen to get Peterson – I think that sits up as a really good nucleus to start the yr - -Don’t beleive we will have thse bench problems next yr. - Should be pretty dam solid again

• I get the feeling like the staff likes McDowell a lot and have shown him enough trust that he isn’t going to want to go anywhere. Elmarko could go either way. I lean slightly that he would stay, but that would go against the trend of high ranked recruits sticking it out when they struggle in year 1. Maybe someone else has some knowledge about how he is being pushed, but that usually comes out more once the season is done.

If Furphy is back, that probably means he struggled down the stretch and I don’t like to think about what that means for our season.

• I read recently that nba scouts recommended Furphy stay in school another yr to get stronger before entering the draft. Side note, he had a lot of bad passes sat. Always more good stuff than bad, but they were really bad.

• @Crimsonorblue22 said in Looking to next year:

I read recently that nba scouts recommended Furphy stay in school another yr to get stronger before entering the draft. Side note, he had a lot of bad passes sat. Always more good stuff than bad, but they were really bad.

Well , kinda from a selfish standpoint but - -good I hope he does return. Truthfully all other aside , he DOES rebound the ball decent even at this stage not afraid to go and get it. Wish some other on our team would be that way. - Yet I really do feel he does need another yr. For bulk strength if for nothing else, we know could you imagine Furphy trying to go fight for a rebound against somebody like Joel lol - -oh my goodness, that would not be pretty lol

• Yeah I’m sure there are teams that think that way and they aren’t wrong. Competing NBA teams will also be a little stingier as they need to maximize their cap space by drafting players that can contribute while on their cheaper rookie contract. All it takes is one team to be high on him though and I expect there are several since he is also a 6’-9" wing that can shoot the shit out of the ball and shows flashes of potential on defense. He becomes even average on defense and 32/32 teams in the NBA can fit that into their starting lineup.

Don’t get me wrong, I would be advising him to come back too cause I want another year. Maybe he even gets exposed a little with a heavier offensive load now that Kev is injured? I’m not getting my hopes up about it though and would hope Bill is recruiting like he won’t be here.

• I’m ready for this year to be done with that I can assure you lol

• the KJ/DaJuan/Hunter triangle isn’t modern basketball

• @rcjhdraft said in Looking to next year:

the KJ/DaJuan/Hunter triangle isn’t modern basketball

Hunter isn’t modern basketball-- would love t know what his explosion is

• If we surround Hunter with shooters, he will be good. Think of doke with the rest of the 2018 team. You can’t sag off or double him with 3 or 4 shooters. I’m actually shocked more teams don’t zone us the whole game, BYU did some last night but I bet Baylor blows us outta the water Saturday if Drew is smart enough to zone most the game.

• We had a bad game. Next game may be better.

• @Zabudda I’ve lost all confidence in this team and coaching staff at this point. It’s starts with the fundamentals being atrocious

• Couldn’t find the thread on the portal , so put this here. someone should consider, and guess Ku has already made contact is Jacob Martin - - a 6’8 guard averages 19.4 ppg — - and shoots 42 % from the three, could take some of the worry on the 3 ball and great size for the guard spot

• Can’t Furphy some how get Nil money? Remember oscar t. Pronunciation shibway got a lot at Kentucky. Can never remember how to spell his name.

• @Crimsonorblue22 said in Looking to next year:

Can’t Furphy some how get Nil money? Remember oscar t. Pronunciation shibway got a lot at Kentucky. Can never remember how to spell his name.

Not sure but don’t think he can. Thought I saw farmer or Bshark post on this can’t remember exactly but seeing as how he is from abroad --I dunno but don’t think so- - -Farmer Help

• I read that Tshiebwe made a lot of his NIL when he played in the Bahamas. It would have to be the same with Furphy. I see where Mexico is on hold, so it would have to be going elsewhere and I don’t know if we will play in the Bahamas this upcoming year. I am guessing so, since we played Hawaii this past year.
    He also “cleared some hurdles” regarding his F1 student visa. I would expect that takes time. I don’t know the legal aspects of how long it takes to clear the hurdles, but he played for 2 years under NIL availability.

• @patoh3 hey thx! Wonder where he’s at.

• @Crimsonorblue22 He is with the Indiana Pacers. Do you attend any of Hutch JUCO games?

• @patoh3 no, we use to when the kids were young. That place use be packed. Standing room only. We had season tickets.

• @patoh3 does he play?

• @Crimsonorblue22 - T looks like 3.3 pts/2 rebounds on 5.3 min/ game.