Hunter Dickinson's Knee

• Clearly an issue lately. I rewatched the last few games and it’s very clear that Self is trying to hide it as much as he can. On offense in particular Self is not having him move as much and it’s leading to rough situations on defense. Thankfully we’ve been able to get through a weaker part of the schedule with a 2-2 record but hopefully he can get closer to 100% soon.

• Has the injury been disclosed? Would like to understand the healing timeline.

• @dylans said in Hunter Dickinson's Knee:

Has the injury been disclosed? Would like to understand the healing timeline.

I don’t think Bill said anything other than Hunter banged up his knee against TCU. I think it’s been referred to as a bruised knee. Hopefully not too much longer. By my eye he just isn’t moving the same.

• @BShark said in Hunter Dickinson's Knee:

@dylans said in Hunter Dickinson's Knee:

Has the injury been disclosed? Would like to understand the healing timeline.

I don’t think Bill said anything other than Hunter banged up his knee against TCU. I think it’s been referred to as a bruised knee. Hopefully not too much longer. By my eye he just isn’t moving the same.

I guess the silver lining is that there’s a reasonable explanation for the downward turn in play

• I have to agree Hunter has never been a great defender or at moving in general but has looked very slow the last few games. I’m surprised he got 30 minutes last night, didn’t seem like he was out there a ton. 37 minutes for Juan, all starters had 35 plus minutes besides Hunter. That’s not a good look imo, KJ looked gassed from the opening tap. Hopefully with the quick turnaround from Saturday the guys can get a few days to rest.

• Affecting his shooting big time. Has missed I think they said 8 straight 3’s, missing free throws as well. Hopefully it passes soon.

• Late in the game yesterday Hunter set a really hard screen and rolled to the hoop for a bucket. He was clearly favoring something in his upper knee area afterwards, anyone who recorded the game can go back and look. It didn’t look like the area was bumped on that screen though so it all is making sense that it might be a pre-existing injury he is battling through.

• @RockkChalkk said in Hunter Dickinson's Knee:

Late in the game yesterday Hunter set a really hard screen and rolled to the hoop for a bucket. He was clearly favoring something in his upper knee area afterwards, anyone who recorded the game can go back and look. It didn’t look like the area was bumped on that screen though so it all is making sense that it might be a pre-existing injury he is battling through.

And now Bill mentioned after the game that Kevin is still battling through some knee issues as well. Triage Hawks. 😞

I think it was the OU game where Kevin got a bit banged up? I remember watching it happen where he had to come out of the game but not 100% sure on what game.

• Inevitable for nagging injuries with how much physicality is being allowed during league games. The league doesn’t seem to care about creating a balance there either.

Saturday is going to be another example in Ames. If you have watched Iowa St play you’ll understand what I’m saying. Coaches have pushed the envelope of physicality to the point they are daring refs to call it and that’s Outz to a T.

• Yeah Cincy def was as physical as they could be. Their coach alluded to it at halftime.

• ISU pt guard has been out with a shoulder injury, not season ending but might be out for awhile.

• @Crimsonorblue22

Good point. Didn’t impact them nearly as much as I expected last Saturday when they held TCU off late for the road win. Gilbert, their other small guard starter has slid over to the PG spot and was a big issue for TCU. Harris is absolutely a key on Saturday and he needs to play a lot better then he did last year in Ames. Team scored 53 last year there, Wilson had 26 of them. Wonder if Self is going to remind them of that debacle