Happy New Year's, Bucketeers!

• Best wishes to all for a healthy, happy and prosperous 2024.

My New Year’s resolution is to be a little less of a Richard. No promises…

Here’s to NC’s in basketball and football next year! (That doesn’t sound as ridiculous as it would have in the past)

• Happy New year everyone. - -I think our future is very bright. - -stay safe

• Happy New Year! Remember to eat your black-eyed peas and my Daughter in law says u should eat 12 grapes and not do any laundry. I love the peas, lil ham and onions in there, some corn bread. So, do we want Texas to win? Ugh. This money is split in so many ways now. Are these 4 teams all showing up?

• Happy New Years! Another walk around the sun complete!

• HNY Ya’ll, or is it Y’all, or just plain Yall? From Pittsburgh, where I am right now? Happy New Year Yinz!

• @Crimsonorblue22 said in Happy New Year's, Bucketeers!:

Happy New Year! Remember to eat your black-eyed peas and my Daughter in law says u should eat 12 grapes and not do any laundry. I love the peas, lil ham and onions in there, some corn bread. So, do we want Texas to win? Ugh. This money is split in so many ways now. Are these 4 teams all showing up?

You were still celebrating when you wrote this, weren’t you? 🥳🥳🥳🍾🥂🍹🍸🍷🍾

• @mayjay no, don’t drink, if that’s what u mean? Did u not get what I meant?

• Let’s make 2024 the year of the Jayhawk!!

• @Crimsonorblue22 No offense meant! I saw the time of the post and thought the combo of unrelated topics was funny…

Plus, thinking you were celebrating with some bubbly made me envious–we were in bed by 10:30 and don’t drink champagne anymore. (Had the noise machine on full to drown out the fireworks. Yay, SC!)

• @Crimsonorblue22 I want Texas to get spanked! (Sorry, dad)

• @mayjay I don’t sleep well, I always stay up late. Ive been lounging in the am. It’s nice not to set my alarm. Peas are warming, cornbread is cooling. Gonna count out 12 grapes. Guessing it has to be exact.

I’ll start a new paragraph to help w/subjects. I’m watching Iowa/Tennessee. We are better and much more exciting than Iowa. We could pass all over them. Plus the cheez-it is not edible! Lol ksu! It’s so crazy to me the difference how professional all bowl games are compared to ours. I mean even the early, lower ones too. Our high school would have changed mics during the game not waiting till half.

It’s so crazy to me the difference how professional all bowl games are compared to ours. I mean even the early, lower ones too. Our high school would have changed mics during the game not waiting till half.

The Guaranteed Low-rate Bowl. What I resented the most was the failure to show replays of almost all the penalties. 27 in one game (and those were just the accepted flags) deserved more analysis and exposition. Bhe mic issue was a mixed blessing since it led to a few moments where the commentators were silent!

• @mayjay what happened to my 2nd paragraph? When I go back to edit it’s there, but when I go back it’s gone again. Do you see it?

• @mayjay agree! I feel bad for parents watching it, we missed so much of the game. Had to guess what happened! Do u think the bowl officials running it knew how bad it looked to viewers? Surely they were getting feedback from somebody in authority? I need to quit complaining on this!

• SEC is gonna claim it if Texas wins, I think Michigan spanks whomever wins this game personally. That defensive line is NFL caliber all the way across and 2 deep in some positions

@mayjay what happened to my 2nd paragraph? When I go back to edit it’s there, but when I go back it’s gone again. Do you see it?

Here is what I saw (I only quoted part of it in my reply earlier). There was no paragraph break that I could see, so I don’t know if anything is missing:

“@mayjay I don’t sleep well, I always stay up late. Ive been lounging in the am. It’s nice not to set my alarm. Peas are warming, cornbread is cooling. Gonna count out 12 grapes. Guessing it has to be exact. I’ll start a new paragraph to help w/subjects. I’m watching Iowa/Tennessee. We are better and much more exciting than Iowa. We could pass all over them. Plus the cheez-it is not edible! Lol ksu! It’s so crazy to me the difference how professional all bowl games are compared to ours. I mean even the early, lower ones too. Our high school would have changed mics during the game not waiting till half.”

I have noticed on my edits of my posts that initially when I return directly to the post it looks like the edits are missing, but if I exit from the thread, and then go back to my post the corrected version is what is there.

• @Crimsonorblue22 I decided to look up your grapes, black-eyed peas, and the not cleaning house thing. I knew about some, but wow, I have violated so many today, even laundry! Plus, I hate black-eyed peas and collard greens, and couldn’t find any corn bread in the house.

Guess this is the portent of doom in 2024 for me…damn, it seemed to be going so well, too.

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/entertainment/2023/12/31/12-grapes-black-eyed-peas-collard-greens-different-new-years-eve-superstitions-around-the-world/71803386007/

• Cornbread is not on there I just like it. Lol. It’s laundry, not cleaning, although I didn’t, just in case! If it makes u feel any better, I couldn’t have had a much worse summer. I didn’t know about the grapes or laundry though. 🤣