Back from the dead....

• I’m sure someone in here noticed (lol)… I’m officially retired from the keyboard. I may come back now and then to read, and on infrequent occasions, comment.

I’m in good health, just needing my old butt to be focused on other things moving forward. I’ve had a nice run with all of you… it’s been great!

Concerning that Marquette game… they were turned up. Shaka has the right guys to play his kind of ball… sped up and have the other team speed up, too. The only difference is, KU doesn’t spend time practicing sped-up basketball. It’s what Shaka does and if you sat in on his practices and Self’s you would see his philosophy of playing with energy, which is the keystone to his coaching philosophy.

Other teams have fast athletes, too… we may get another minor dose of that today and we will see how the team reacts.

Just better hope we don’t draw Marquette in our bracket in March. I don’t see how we combat that, especially without having more bench.

Carry on, RCJH!

• @drgnslayr don’t be a stranger! We miss you! Please.

• @drgnslayr hey man! Glad to hear you’re well. Thanks for checking in with us. Growing the garden this year? Read any good books or seen good movies lately? Your wisdom is missed.

• @approxinfinity

Thanks… typical summer garden… rabbits got more tomatoes than me!

I’ll try to keep reading the board and throw in my 2 cents every now and then. I think its a good thing to have some turnover here and bring in new blood to post. Everyone has read my “x-axis” concepts… repeatedly. Perhaps with my extra time, I’ll hunt down Jaybate. Might even drink a protein shake and search out HEM! lol

• @drgnslayr ha arent they the same person? 🤯 jk jk

• @drgnslayr Good to hear from you! When someone disappears from these strange message boards it’s a little confusing. Like all who’ve spoken we miss your great comments a lot. Hope you’re brightening someone else’s world. Come back if you want.

• @wissox

Thanks. I’m mostly trying to stay out of people’s way… throwing in a little coaching on my son’s bball game. He’s kickin’ butt and taking names.

You’re the man I drink Wisckey with! 🙂

• @drgnslayr

Great to see you back with a few posts! Your insight on the team and game itself has always been some of my favorite stuff I’ve seen on here. We will need your wisdom as the season wears on. Glad your well

• @drgnslayr Oh yeah, and I never get tired of x-axis theories, and I’m sure there are new wrinkles to explore, and old wrinkles to rediscover with new rosters. Your basketball thoughts will always be in demand here!

• @approxinfinity

We were just “x-axised” by Marquette. I’ve never been a big fan of Shaka, but I give him credit for developing his own brand of x-axis… think I’ll call it “hyper x-axis.”

• @drgnslayr That is why I liked having Shaka in conference. It was nice to get that type of game in a couple times a year to get used to it.

• @dylans

That’s true and also play teams like Wisconsin who take the air out the ball or a Syracuse who plays a confounding zone.

• @dylans

I was always negative towards Shaka because I thought he was just a gimmick-guy who made it too far off just one good tournament run… but after they worked us so easily with x-axis ball I have a new perspective on him. I am wondering if he is an x-axis basketball savant. That game frustrated me as a Jayhawk fan but later I came to the realization his players are taught x-axis… the game is played more horizontally than vertically. Remember back to my x-axis posts? How much of the game is played above the rim? Just a tiny %.

Who is one of our worst defenders? Hunter. Because his lateral pursuit stinks.