So you thought it was over ? - -Not so fast.

• Just when we thought College re-alignment was over - - -not so fast , pretty crazy. Have seen some things out now and there is becoming a lot more smoke and chances increasing.

At first I started seeing just a couple of sites - - now seeing more and more and people saying this is really picking up momentum , to where people saying it’s going to happen, like there is less then a 5 % chance of it not becoming reality.

The first thing was: - -That now not immediately but withing the next 3 yrs more likely is that Oregon State & Washington State will be in the Big 12 in the next round of alignment . - -talk of like 2/3 share for four years. -ESPN is going to officially express that they want Oregon State & Washington in the Big 12. or ESPN & Fox both. , better fit culture wise then Washington, saying that both have Value/brand - -it’s all about brand saying who in the big 12 has better. - -you can’t goby championships-- where is Oregon State ranked in the top 25 ? - -Where is Washington State ? - Don’t bet against it.

Now 2nd . I can see why the Big 12 didn’t want to go any further in adding till they see what happens - -they wanted to have spots available. - This REALLY threw me… So if you do add Oregon State & Washington St that gives the Conference 18 teams - -BUT THEN THIS :

I guess from what has been leaked - discussed is that the Big 12 has had discussions and not just casual chit chat but SERIOUS discussions or these teams contacted the Big 1 to discuss SERIOUSLY about becoming members of the Big 12 - and the Schools that has contacted the Big 12 and more then casual discussions ? - - -two Schools are - - -Florida State & - - North Carolina.

Now these discussions are not currently going on BUT they have had discussions more then casual being reported and people feel the ground work is being laid out now Again just like with Oregon St and Washington State - -this are chances are if it turns out we are looking at like 2025/2026 - -going to be very interesting this next round. Like they said if you think re-alignment/expansion is going away - -your seriously mistaking. North Carlina & Florida State not happy at all. Gonna keep an eye on things an see, going to be interesting to sit back and see how this plays out. - -looking like they want three P-5 super conferences. - -the BIG - - SEC - -& the Big 12. - that’s why ESPN wants Oregon State and WashingState in the Big 12 as they don’t want a 4th Conference- -we shall see. - -ROCK CHALK

• Add UNC to conference on a home and home yearly basis and you’ll add this butt to the stands!

• UNC has exactly 0 interest in the Big 12. Idk who’s reporting it but it’s total garbage.

• @dylans said in So you thought it was over ? - -Not so fast.:

Add UNC to conference on a home and home yearly basis and you’ll add this butt to the stands!

ya would be nice dd, although like I said this would be in 2025/2026 the way their talking. – Any conference would want them for their Basketball. I know it’s been mentioned they would prefer BIG

And yet from what I’m seeing now is these have been more then just casual visits/conversations, this thing is gonna get really weird. - -I understand now if this i truly the case to why Brett was wanting to stand pat at 16. - -Acc is on rocky ground he wanted to have spots available - -ESPN really wants Oregon State & Washington State in the Big 12 and even ass well as Brett has done, don’t bite the hand that’s feeding you - - and right now that’s ESPN having the contract along with fox on our games. - they want them in , then sooner or later chances are - -their coming. - -Add those two and then ACC Schools will be the twenty team Conference.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in So you thought it was over ? - -Not so fast.:

UNC has exactly 0 interest in the Big 12. Idk who’s reporting it but it’s total garbage.

It’s the same one’s that was spot on with adding the other schools - -if it was total garbage & NC had zero interest there would not of been any talks what so ever. these talks are NOT going on now at the present time BUT their is 10000 % correct that there has been mor then idle chit chat -The ACC is the next to go down , and NC along with Clemson , Florida State , NC State were not wanting expansion with the likes of Stanford, & Cal and SMU. - -Adding those schools just adds to their disgust with the ACC.

100 % true UNC ideal scenario wants the BIG. Yet to say they have zero % interest in joining the Big 12 is just not correct

• @jayballer67 yes, I can 100% say it’s correct. Tracked down who “reported” it, it’s a random YouTube channel. Nothing to it whatsoever.

@jayballer67 yes, I can 100% say it’s correct. Tracked down who “reported” it, it’s a random YouTube channel. Nothing to it whatsoever.

we shall see thing is it’s MORE then one site reporting it. won’t surprise me if they don’t come BUT MORE then one source reporting, and they was 100 % spot on i the latest expansion. - - But it’s ok I’m not trippin. if they do - -they do -if not, then were fine. I though have no doubt that we will add ACC Schools in the coming years. - I think there would be if we do a better chance of adding like possibly Louisville, Pitt , Virginia Tech , NC State. but just reporting what sources are saying.

• @jayballer67 eh, whoever is reporting it is wrong. I’m still a member of a higher ed working group at UNC with former chancellors, BoT members, and other senior administrators as a researcher and budget guy. There’s zero interest in the Big 12.

@jayballer67 eh, whoever is reporting it is wrong. I’m still a member of a higher ed working group at UNC with former chancellors, BoT members, and other senior administrators as a researcher and budget guy. There’s zero interest in the Big 12.

Ok buddy just breathe it’s gonna be ok , like I said either way I’m fine with it, just passing on what is being said from other sources - -it’s ok

• @jayballer67 I’m good, just get cranky when people make stuff up out of thin air for clickzzzzz

@jayballer67 I’m good, just get cranky when people make stuff up out of thin air for clickzzzzz

I wasn’t making it up. just goin off what I had heard

• @jayballer67 the people reporting it are.

• @jayballer67 we know you aren’t trying to get the clicks. The YouTubers most definitely are. And lots of other idiots are as well.

It’s hard to sort out the noise from the signal because the internet economy rewards both equally.