This Conference realignment is got past crazy - -now this ! ! !

• Guys hold onto your butts when you hear this. - -It is now looking very , very likely that Stanford &Cal & SMU will be joining the ACC.

This is just so Bizarre in so many ways . # 1 – it for ONE just does not make any geographical sense at all what so ever for Stanford & Cal to join another Conference all the way across the Nation. to be in the ACC.
    it’s just crazy, Yet the more crazy part is that SMU is so desperate to get in some where that they are agreeing that they will not take any of the Broadcast revenue Money the Conference gets for SEVEN YEARS - -getting nothing from Broadcast revenue for seven years ! ! ! , just so they can join the ACC. Now with them not taking their share for Seven Years then the ACC needs to figure how that split that Money. Cal and Stanford would come in at a reduced share- - - the Cal Athletic Dept is in no position they said to where they could come in at a reduced share - Their athletic dept in just to bad of shape. - -So there is some talk that with the SMU share being split the ACC might be able to Get Cal in. - -This whole ACC thing is turning into a Circus - -stay tuned . Also, they are one vote short of being able to add these Schools. North Carolina, North Carolina State . Clemson ,Florida State are opposed. - -If they can flip one of those schools then could happen and possibly withing the next week. - Just nuts

• @jayballer67 thanks for keeping us informed on this stuff. Moving so fast.

• Dam , well there are some things being put out now that Stanford & Cal have been mentioned possible to the Big 12. - However they believe this is a back up plan in case they don’t get in the ACC , which still hasn’t happened as FSU still raising a big stink.

ESPN has gotten into the picture on this about the Big 12, talk is that ESPN wants to make sure that Stanford and Cal ha a P-5 to go to. So it’s like ESPN would like the Big 12 ro take these Schools if they don’t get taken by the ACC.- -Guess there has been some talks - - Man I hope not, who knows

• Please say no to adding any California schools.

• @jayballer67 I know for a fact the Big 12 Presidents and Chancellors want Stanford. It’s just if Stanford would accept the invite.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in This Conference realignment is got past crazy - -now this ! ! !:

@jayballer67 I know for a fact the Big 12 Presidents and Chancellors want Stanford. It’s just if Stanford would accept the invite.

Dam had heard this Conference did not want to become a 20 team Conference. - -Stanford and Cal add nothing athletically. Sure research wise they are good, but Basketball their brand brings nothing.- - Their football programs suck. – They bring nothing Brand wise.

Thing is the more teams you add the smaller the payout- - all they would do is dilute the payouts to the Schools , that’s not gonna fly.

The Big 12 is in a very good spot right now, they need to stand pat and wait and see what happens to the ACC - -If it implodes then good chance of adding Louisville, Pitt or Vitginia Tech – -Maybe a NC State just think terribl emove if it comes to it to add these two Schools- -No Brand value-- -Let them go independent.

• @jayballer67 said in This Conference realignment is got past crazy - -now this ! ! !:

@FarmerJayhawk said in This Conference realignment is got past crazy - -now this ! ! !:

@jayballer67 I know for a fact the Big 12 Presidents and Chancellors want Stanford. It’s just if Stanford would accept the invite.

Dam had heard this Conference did not want to become a 20 team Conference. - -Stanford and Cal add nothing athletically. Sure research wise they are good, but Basketball their brand brings nothing.- - Their football programs suck. – They bring nothing Brand wise.

Thing is the more teams you add the smaller the payout- - all they would do is dilute the payouts to the Schools , that’s not gonna fly.

The Big 12 is in a very good spot right now, they need to stand pat and wait and see what happens to the ACC - -If it implodes then good chance of adding Louisville, Pitt or Vitginia Tech – -Maybe a NC State just think terribl emove if it comes to it to add these two Schools- -No Brand value-- -Let them go independent.

Not really. The pro rata still exists. I’m all for Stanford. Boosts most sports in the league and the sports the Big 12 doesn’t have they already have parked in other leagues nobody’s heard of. Maaaaybe would also induce the Big 12 into adding wrestling, which KU should be very competitive if we do it right. Plus academics. Yeah I’ll own being the nerd that still cares about such pursuits 😂

• @FarmerJayhawk academics are all that matters, but who cares about the academics of your conference members? The conference is just about sports and more specifically football. Everything else is secondary - which sucks because I don’t care for college football.

• If I were those two institutions I’d just go independent. You could still schedule ‘friendlies’ with your old Pac 10 rivals and not have to travel across country for all of your away games.

Don’t forget the revenue sports are somewhat familiar, but non revenue sports are subject to the same ridiculousness. For UCLA and USC to get to the east coast teams in the big 10 it’s getting to major cities like NY, DC, and Philly. To get to ACC locations it’s out of the way places like Clemson, Tallahassee, etc. I assume the big sports charter planes, but not the golf team or tennis team? IDK. What a nightmare of logistics someone is now facing in these athletic departments.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in This Conference realignment is got past crazy - -now this ! ! !:

@jayballer67 said in This Conference realignment is got past crazy - -now this ! ! !:

@FarmerJayhawk said in This Conference realignment is got past crazy - -now this ! ! !:

Not really. The pro rata still exists. I’m all for Stanford. Boosts most sports in the league and the sports the Big 12 doesn’t have they already have parked in other leagues nobody’s heard of. Maaaaybe would also induce the Big 12 into adding wrestling, which KU should be very competitive if we do it right. Plus academics. Yeah I’ll own being the nerd that still cares about such pursuits 😂

these other sports are non revenue sports, Football & then follow that up with your basketball brands ar what they are looking at. These other sports just do not do anything or much to help your brand. - -You figure the travel expense for these teams to compete in a sport that’s not bringing in money - -just doesn’t make sense. That’s why in some of these possibility of re-alignment these are big issues they have to consider.

That’s also why I said for Stanford & Cal to travel clear across the nation to join the ACC is a Geographical disaster. - for them t travel Coast to Coast to Wrestle - - Volleyball i nonsense you losing money not making money. - Standford and Cal is best to join the Mountain West or go Independent.

They don’t bring the Big 12 anything in Football OR Basketball. - they are average at best in Football & they suck at Basketball - -we don’t need them. you take them then you adding teams just to be adding teams. There goes your Athletic Revenue

• @dylans Presidents and Chancellors care a lot. And I’ll be honest, it made me a lot less excited to be the league being the only AAU school. That’s been remedied some with the Arizonas, Utah, and Colorado but it’s still not what it was.

• @jayballer67 zero chance Stanford goes MWC and Cal can’t afford to drop to G5. Revenue will stay the same, the Big 12’s media deal has a pro rata clause for adding P5 schools.

@jayballer67 zero chance Stanford goes MWC and Cal can’t afford to drop to G5. Revenue will stay the same, the Big 12’s media deal has a pro rata clause for adding P5 schools.

Well anyways thank GOD chances are we won’t have to worry about them coming here - -sounds like they will go to the ACC - thank GOD for that , we sure don’t need them just to add schools unless ESPN forces our hand , coaxes the Big 12 to take them instead - keep our fingers crossed

• I just don’t think this is going to happen BUT more reports coming out about the POSSIBILITY , saying reports surfaced today that Stanford and Cal have still not been invited yet to the ACC. - -Reports are that Florida State is holding them up - -ACC needs one more vote and not getting it, Florida St still wanting more revenue.

The overall word is the ACC seems to think they will get’s the votes to extend the off to Stanford & Cal, another reports saying that hoping might hear something by Monday or Tuesday. ,Reports saying that if they haven’t heard by the middle of the week , if nothing has changed then Stanford and Cal’s talk with the Big 12 becomes more serious, as I guess there has been some talks between them/

If these talks are true it just really contradicts what Yormork had been saying, saying the Big 12 were through in re-alignment, they were wanting to stay at 16 , they were happy with that number.

I myself still say along with others that these teams bring nothing athletic wise /brand to improve our conference, and has been mentioned when you go to a 20 and posible 20 team conference.team conference you really have a dilemma becomes a real task in scheduling. as the big 10 is finding out

Having said all this if that’s what our Commish thinks is a good thing so be it - I guess we shall see, really think they WILL get things straightened out though and become ACC memebres. The Article said though Stanford and Cal is a much better fit with the Big 1 - - which I agree , like I mentioned it makes 100 % no sense for them to travel Coast to Coast geographically the expense the fly time and all is not beneficial.

The last thing brought out in the Article was if Stanford & Cal do end up in the Big 12 I guess it said they would be bring Washington State & Oregon State with them - -I guess we will see things could get insane, if these 4 come basically then the final result is the Big 12 practically merged with the Pac 12 -which we thought would neve happen

• They have a call Monday morning with the ACC. My guess is that this “news” about the B12 is a ploy to urge the ACC to take them. If there isn’t an announcement next week, they will have to seriously pursue plan B

• Farmer, I guess from what I’ve been hearing in podcasts and articles read that things have become a little more Serious. I still feel that in the end the ACC will get the votes necessary to where they could extend the offer. However , seen an article late last night that Stanford and Cal said they need an answer by I think it said Monday or Tuesday, as they are looking at other options. - -ESPN is involved and wanting to have the Big 12 as a back up plan in case the offer doesn’t come.

Was reading an article last night and ended up listening to a podcast I believe out of Oregon where people could call in and they had some insiders hosting the podcast and they asked all of them in the end how did they think it was going to end. - Their response was that in the end they don’t think the offer will ever be extended. Something I didn’t know is that actually there are SIX Schools in the ACC that are against expansion , the only reason we aren’t hearing more of that is that it only takes four to keep them from expanding. - -Right now the four biggest names against the expansion is N Carolina , NC State , Clemson , & Florida State. - -They said they believe that if the offer was going to happen , it would of already happened by now.

Like I mentioned before so IF they land or want to, then Stanford & Cal also is bringing or wanting to bring Washington & Oregon St… BY , had said that the Big 12 was happy with the number they had , that we were done with expansion. -The answer I’m still looking for IS how does adding FOUR MORE Schools add to the value of our league other then maybe a little more stability.

They bring no Brand , and like they were mentioning last night scheduling becomes a night mare, and you have trouble with your Olympic sports like Basketball , Volleyball , Baseball, just headaches. - Where is the Value, how do they help improve our league athletically? -If any thing adding MORE teams dilutes the league, because we have been known with the BEST Conference in the Nation in Basketball these teams, Stanford , Cal , Washington St , Oregon State , Arizona St - these teams suck. in Basketball and only average in football and would detract value in that respect from the league - - not add - -just not a vey wise business decision. Yet it could very well happen.

• Well Brett McMurphy which is pretty connected to the Big 12 came out and said , that despite numerous reports are that the Big 12 has NOT talked to the Pac 12 Schools that are left about joining and have no desire to talk about expansion.

Has since been brought out on some things People saying that IF the Big 12 thought about these schools could cause friction among the Eastern Schools in the Big 12. – -UCF traveling To Stanford - -Oregon ? - -not likely. - If anything we need to be looking East. - -stand pat and see how this ACC plays out. - -If Florida St , Clemson leave , your gonna see this league start to crumble, watch teams find new homes. - -would love Louisville , Pitt or VT or NC State would be fine.

Being brought out Stanford NOT a good cultural fit for Big 12 - -using Political as an example, we add four more previous PAC 12 would give us EIGHT and making voting issues a problem - these schools are not god fits

• @jayballer67 I’m opposed to all but Stanford, tbh. Now they really would improve the Big 12 athletically. Not every day you can add the winningest AD in the country. If we had to add Cal to make it happen I guess thems the breaks. At the end of the day I think the ACC probably gets the votes but who knows

@jayballer67 I’m opposed to all but Stanford, tbh. Now they really would improve the Big 12 athletically. Not every day you can add the winningest AD in the country. If we had to add Cal to make it happen I guess thems the breaks. At the end of the day I think the ACC probably gets the votes but who knows

ya I think your right, I also think the AC finds a way to add them, whih is fine with me cause I like where we are at numbers wise… Now down the line in the next round and if the ACC implodes - - then maybe I could see the Big 1 taking a couple of more, like possibly Louisville & maybe Pitt or Virginia Tech we shall see

• I would’ve been fine adding SMU just as a bird to the ACC and keeping them outta Texas