Seen this " There will be Significant push "

• Article from Dennis Dodds. , saying that there will be significant push for U Conn into Big 12. Yormork wantin Media market, which U Conn brings ( New York City " media. - be another team for West Virginia and UCF on the Eastern front -about three hour flight from Bristol to UCF.

Yormork will have to get this past Presidents , not sure which way it will go article says - -Terrible football team although that’s changing - -New Coach Mora gets them to bowl game his 1st year there. - -Travel issues Yormork going to have to deal with.

Yet good recruiting areas HUGE Media Market , and on the Basketball front - -Men and Womens at the top - - lots of mixed reaction pro and con in the comments. Sounds like now looking at Arizona - Colorado , & U Conn

• UConn just fought the AAC pretty hard to leave and go back to the Big East and make their football program independent to help cut down on travel for its athletic programs. Their uncompetitive football program was a driving force in the conversation along with getting their basketball program back into a power conference.

I also can’t see Big 12 presidents and AD’S being on board with UConn football joining because that is an albatross of a program and will devalue the conferences TV rights.

If Yormark wants to bring UConn in as basketball only, I think most Big 12 schools could be talked into that. The issue there would be UConn’s other athletic programs because I doubt the Big East would house all of UConn’s olympic sports. If UConn were to join the B12, their closest conference opponent would be over 500 miles away which is a bigger deal on the East Coast, especially in the Northeast, compared Midwest because everything is much more compact in that region.

Yormark may want UConn, but I just don’t see that working out in the end. I think he’d be better off focusing on trying to convince Arizona St. and Utah to follow Arizona and Colorado. Or work on trying to get a couple of disgruntled ACC programs out of their GoR to get to 16 and have some partner schools for UCF since UCF is about 900 miles from any other B12 school.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in Seen this " There will be Significant push ":

UConn just fought the AAC pretty hard to leave and go back to the Big East and make their football program independent to help cut down on travel for its athletic programs. Their uncompetitive football program was a driving force in the conversation along with getting their basketball program back into a power conference.

I also can’t see Big 12 presidents and AD’S being on board with UConn football joining because that is an albatross of a program and will devalue the conferences TV rights.

If Yormark wants to bring UConn in as basketball only, I think most Big 12 schools could be talked into that. The issue there would be UConn’s other athletic programs because I doubt the Big East would house all of UConn’s olympic sports. If UConn were to join the B12, their closest conference opponent would be over 500 miles away which is a bigger deal on the East Coast, especially in the Northeast, compared Midwest because everything is much more compact in that region.

Yormark may want UConn, but I just don’t see that working out in the end. I think he’d be better off focusing on trying to convince Arizona St. and Utah to follow Arizona and Colorado. Or work on trying to get a couple of disgruntled ACC programs out of their GoR to get to 16 and have some partner schools for UCF since UCF is about 900 miles from any other B12 school.

Utah , is 10000 % against joining the Big 12, looking down their nose at us thinking we are below their level, Arizona State is not crazy about joining the Big 12 still believing the Pac is going to survive and does not really want the Big 12.

Again Yormork looking to the East and also trying to work on teams to help travel with Wv & UCF. – there is talk that the ultimate goal in this is adding U Conn and then s you say seeing what happens with the ACC and picking up like 2 teams from there.

One way or another doesn’t mean a rats ass to me all i know there WILL be some kind of expansion for the Big 12 in the near future, just WAY to much smoke for nothin to come from this. Only thing to do is see how it shakes out when the dust settles. - I myself tend to believe it will end up being the most obvious ones that’s being mentioned very consistently, Arizona & Colorado , both Schools pretty fed up and frustrated waiting on a media rights Now hearing that EVEN APPLE is not that secure, not even close. Talking like it could be Labor day before anything is possibly agreed upon,

Even when they do reach some kind of agreement with the companies that do not want any part of this or what have you, the final amount will not be close enough to keep schools in the conference as it is being projected the number will be from anywhere from 17 million to 22 million , that’s not going to cut it with these schools. - -the Pac 12 is history just a matter of time.

For me, adding U Conn is no problem definitely bring value to the Big 12 in Basketball which is another thing our commissioner is trying to do - -separate the basketball away from football 100 % having two totally seperate media rights, U Con FOR SURE adds value in Basketball if that’s the case winning 5 National titles in men and then don’t have to say one single word about their Ladies program. - Like they say ESPN would love to have U Conn in the big twelve with them being right there in Bristol - Be a huge get as far as Media Value because of the New York Media Market hard to look the other way on that - -we shall see

• Yormark is a hoops guy through and through. I really think he believes this conference is tapped out in football and needs to find revenue elsewhere. The problem is the current economics of college sports. There’s not a lot you can do when the NCAA basically owns the only other big revenue source. Which is why if we’re stuck in this AAC/MWC Frankenstein’s monster the power leagues need to recapture that hoops postseason revenue so we can hightail it tf out of here

• @FarmerJayhawk That is the true issue - Basketball revenue is majorly hamstrung. But it has the most awesome tournament in all of sports.

• Just more signs pointing at expansion. - -Deputy Commissioner of the Big 12 says " he would be SHOCKED if we don’t add member, and add members soon. Saying referring to the PAC 1 , He says If we had any good news about media news we would be shouting from every mountain top, but we have silence- -Silence can mean something else.

Then this just broke - - the CW has struck a deal with the ACC , just adding another nail in the coffin of the PAC 12, the only option they have left pretty much is with Apple which would be 100 % streaming and your schools sure the hell not gonna be coming close to what the Big 12 schools going to be getting with Apple.

Re-affirming Deputy Commish echoed the statement of Yormork --We have a plan - we have a plan bout expansion and w hope to be able to get it done and get it done sooner or later

Talk came up about U Conn not sur here but sounds like maybe that might not be real until maybe the new contract come around , but not sure. - Deputy commissioner said part of what they are looking for in expansion is not necessarily the number - - 2- -4 what ever but looking at what schools are available and what or if they can add Media value.

They hope like when the new contract comes around , they say right now it’s like 0.75 cents on the dollar goes towards football, they hoping to separate completely separate contracts football & Basketball as to where it would be Basketball & Football 0.50 cents on evey dollar - -either way expansion is coming and think it’s coming very soon with Colorado and Arizona