Puerto Rico!

• should be fun to hear from CB

• @DanR He practiced with them yesterday

• KJ

• Do we know why morris isn’t playing?

• @MR11 bone bruise on his knee

• Bam

• @DanR Kev isn’t a national champion

• @Texas-Hawk-10 I don’t disagree with your strength assessment. I don’t mean to sound like he’s a bad athlete because he’s not but we have several NBA ready guys athletic wise that he ain’t in the same zip code as. I’m 6’1 guy with about 6 inches less wing span than Juan and I dunked just about every single day during basketball season as a junior and senior in highschool, he ain’t out jumping many on this roster bud.

• Hunter fighting is good

• We definitely need Morris and Furphy

Elmarko struggling to hit the outside shot otherwise he’s solid.

Timberlake is hit and miss today as well

Need more offense when Hunter goes to the bench

• KJ was horrid today

• Bill draws up elevator play for Kev….not our best shooter Timberlake

KJ was fine….Bahamian team changed how they played ball screens and KJ/Hunter was neutralized

• Lackluster finish to game 3

• @kuballin10 said in Puerto Rico!:

Juan night and day different!

Ripped buddy and has hit a 3

Way more aggressive…let’s go Juan!

Are you sure that was Juan ? just curious cause Juan doesn’t attack the paint or look to score -Juan adds a lot to the game

• Got to find out who this guy was - - not Juan , this guy hit 10 -14 shots - -23 points ,Na that can’t be Juan , he doesn’t do that lol

• @jayballer67 Blind squirrels find an acorn eventually!

• @BShark has a sore knee

@jayballer67 Blind squirrels find an acorn eventually!

Ya and we can always hope that chronic bitchers will learn there is a reason a Coach is a Coach. and it’s best to leave the real decisions about who plays and who doesn’t to him - -Funny thing about it he seems to have done a pretty good job at what he does. Well I mean probably not for you but then we just have to consider the source lmao

Really looking for to your input this season , enjoy the countdown . Oh & ya so how many acorns did you end up finding anyways, I’m sorry didn’t realize you were blind , good luck with that

• The thing I will say about the overall 3 game series. Just a like when we won the 2 games, same goes for this one - -I think it’s really hard to take to much away from this is overall this was a good experience for the guys. - Learning experience for the new guys, it was good to get guys in game experience El Marko , , Mc Dowell , am such.

Think this will give guys the chance to see where they need to improve – ONE thing for sure they need to work on is my GOD learn to make your dam free throws, those are give me points, the other team is gifting you freebies-- got to work on those Looking forward to the Season I think we can be really good - -I think El Marko is gonna be fine , will be interesting to see what the newest member can give us to help- - Yet now it’s time for some FOOTBALL I’'m ready could be fun- - great for out for aSaturday afternoon at the stadium - -ROCK CHALK

• Sure was fun being able to watch some KU hoops in August!

You can’t take too much out of these games. Obviously you can see skillsets, how the new guys look.

Randomness:

– Loved watching Elmarko! He seems relatively poised and solid. I’m not going to judge him on his 3 pt shooting just yet. His other skills will be important for us.

– Hunter’s stats at Michigan showed him as a good rebounder. Not sure he looked too great on the boards in PR. Just the eyeball test. did anybody look good on the boards?

– Dajuan looked asleep at times. Maybe guarding Buddy and Gordon isn’t easy! Too many pina coladas.

– Timberlake. Interesting. Showed more athleticism than i thought he had. Drained a three or two. He may need some time to figure out how to get his shot in the offense.

– Didn’t see many positives out of Parker so far. At least today. The backup post seems like an issue so far. (insert KJ as a 5 talk here)

• Self was livid when the team allowed 2 straight baskets on inbounds-under-the-basket plays by the Bahamian team. No more of those after the KU time out, if IIRC.

• I think my takeaways are mostly positive. There were some mistakes that will be cleaned up as the season draws near. Things like the inbounds and getting pulled into trash talking, holding onto the ball, and positions on offense and defense… Free throw shooting has to improve.

The athleticism is impressive at all positions, so the team could be elite at fast breaks and elite at defense.

The team is already good. Really good. If their improvement curve is above average, they should be a FF contender.

• Just got a chance to watch. The frosh still have no idea what they’re doing. Self yelled at Elmarko a few times to drive when he didn’t or pass out when he drove. The feel isn’t there just yet, which is fine. He’s still new-ish to the game and very new to Kansas. At this point you have to be concerned about rebounding. Hunter hasn’t rebounded well AT ALL and KJ is… KJ. Missing Terio hurt. He’s the only guy right now I trust to go out and get his. Juan is Juan. He’s a capable scorer. He looked much more engaged today than Saturday. Everyone says Kev’s shot is better, but we need to see it go in. So many bricks today. But overall good trip, we got out healthy, and know where we need to work.

• @FarmerJayhawk Kevs free throws are enough for me to be concerned about his 3% getting any better this year. The touch just does t seem to be there. I feel like good shooters swish the free throws a majority of the time and then on the misses have a soft enough touch for it to fall a good amount of the time. Doesn’t seem that way for kev. Even the males don’t go in clean or soft a good portion of the time. His balance on the free throw line stresses me out. Seems like he’s falling into the lane after every attempt. If he’s thinking that hard about a free throw imagine the wheels turning on the long ball…

Bill draws up elevator play for Kev….not our best shooter Timberlake

KJ was fine….Bahamian team changed how they played ball screens and KJ/Hunter was neutralized

Every team should do this, and pack the paint against us. This team will have to prove they can make shots.