2023/24 roster breakdown

• Was looking at our 23/24 roster break down by class. The big thing I seen was dealing with Soph , according to our roster every player classified as a Soph - -is a RED SHIRT SOPH, which means we are getting in a position where these kids ar getting more experience/ rep time. It shows ZERO true Soph - -All redshirts- - 47 of them to be exact - -I like that.

The rest of the roster shows - -19 - -Red Shirt Freshmen - - -5 Freshmen - - -28 Juniors - - 15 Red Shirt Juniors - - - 5 Seniors - -& - 13 RED Shirt Seniors

Comes out to 94 playes that’s Red Shirted- -love how we trying to get those extra experience. - Used to be we were so low on players - -every player that came in was automatically thrown to the wolves - -NOW we getting extra reps - -more Seasoning - -That’s our coach

• Yeah, the portal and the covid year really helped get some age on the roster. It’s not even “old” yet IMO. If (and it’s a big IF) JD returns in 2024, I’m circling that as the BIG breakout year. That’s when most of the talent will be old dudes and you’ll have this pretty stellar HS class be able to contribute.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in 2023/24 roster breakdown:

Yeah, the portal and the covid year really helped get some age on the roster. It’s not even “old” yet IMO. If (and it’s a big IF) JD returns in 2024, I’m circling that as the BIG breakout year. That’s when most of the talent will be old dudes and you’ll have this pretty stellar HS class be able to contribute.

Couldn’t agree more. Plus the way things look were in on some really good prospects- doesn’t mean get al of them , but I’ll tell yuo what I bet we end up getting our share. Plus the QB they got coming in from everything I’ve heard on him is he is REALLY good - nice t know pretty sure our QB spot is secure for a few years. Also heard McDuffie has really impressed the Coach’s on things he can do . Heard also people outside the program but from other Schools Coaching personnel - about how long KU is. - -I like the way the program is headed now - -we got ourselves a Coach - better hang onto him for some time

• You think we could add this guy to the staff?

https://twitter.com/historyinmemes/status/1644428840842809346

• @Jethro said in 2023/24 roster breakdown:

You think we could add this guy to the staff?

https://twitter.com/historyinmemes/status/1644428840842809346

LMAO - -that’s me - -just like a wood pecker in a petrified Forrest just keepin busy and looking for opportunities lmao - -he crazy

• Is there any word on Daniel Hishaw’s recovery? He was the work horse who moved the offense last year. I really hope he’s able to contribute this year.

• @stoptheflop said in 2023/24 roster breakdown:

Is there any word on Daniel Hishaw’s recovery? He was the work horse who moved the offense last year. I really hope he’s able to contribute this year.

from what I’ve heard he is doing well, recovering --should be back this Season. That’s what I’ve seen or heard, to what extent not sure, but think he is close. thee as some talk rumor that he might even suit up for last years bowl game - I think things went well