Things just got worse for K/State in Bowl

• Oh Boy , K/State - -umm look out. I stated before K/State was not ready for Alabama - -Well things went from bad to worse. - Now granted K/State is decent granted but things just got even more bleak. - -ESPN & Alabama announced - - Saban saying that EVERYBODY is expected to pay in the Bowl – This means Bryce Young AND Will Anderson will be playing - - - OUCh.

It’s kind of funny listening to my local sports hosts here in Topeka - -HUGE K /State - talking about – OH I’m glad they are playing cause I want to see How K/State measures up against Alabama - they say that then turn right around out the other side of their mouth and say - -OH if I was them I wouldn’t play. - -I’m telling this is the worst thing K/State could of hoped for

I think Alabama just gonna roll - Wildcats aren’t there yet - - - -well anyways, spread went today after the news from a 2 1/2 - -to a 5 1/2 spread - - ooops

• ROLL TIDE, BABY.

• @nuleafjhawk said in Things just got worse for K/State in Bowl:

ROLL TIDE, BABY.

oh I believe they will

• The B12 needs for Silo to win the game. Same with TCU.

• @Jethro said in Things just got worse for K/State in Bowl:

The B12 needs for Silo to win the game. Same with TCU.

Sorry man but it’s not gonna happen I don’t think

• @jayballer67 said in Things just got worse for K/State in Bowl:

@Jethro said in Things just got worse for K/State in Bowl:

K-State fans have been insufferable since they beat us and then TCU. Really torn over wanting to see them get their ass kicked to shut them up versus how big a win over Bama would be. I am trolling the crap out of them for their conference championship barnstorming tour. I keep saying how bad it’s going to look if they lose to Bama…lol. I also have pointed out WE only tour the state when we win the national championship. One of my better posts was when I suggested Silo Tech stop by Lawrence so they can see what a national championship trophy looks like…lol. I absolutely think TCU could beat Michigan.

• @Jethro said in Things just got worse for K/State in Bowl:

@jayballer67 said in Things just got worse for K/State in Bowl:

@Jethro said in Things just got worse for K/State in Bowl:

K-State fans have been insufferable since they beat us and then TCU. Really torn over wanting to see them get their ass kicked to shut them up versus how big a win over Bama would be. I am trolling the crap out of them for their conference championship barnstorming tour. I keep saying how bad it’s going to look if they lose to Bama…lol. I also have pointed out WE only tour the state when we win the national championship. One of my better posts was when I suggested Silo Tech stop by Lawrence so they can see what a national championship trophy looks like…lol. I absolutely think TCU could beat Michigan.

Touche - lol - - Love the part us only touring the State after winning National Championship - -true kodak moment - ROCK CHALK BUDDY

• @jayballer67 @Jethro
    To be fair, we tore the goalposts down for becoming bowl eligible, so do we have room to talk about their tour? I love our KU pride in basketball, but I cannot get any pleasure deriding KSU’s superiority in football. If we had beaten them…well, that is a different story!

I will cheer for KSU today, but I would cheer anyone, even Fizzou, playing Alabama. I hate them even more than I hated Ohio St under Woody “Whack-a-Player” Hayes. It is an enmity with no real source, too!

• @mayjay I think if you lived here it might make a tiny bit of a difference. My really good ksu friends are nice. Others are not, not true friends. One guy actually told me he’s happier if KU loses than if Ksu wins. No kidding! Kids at school bully me about me being a KU fan. They really out number me. I don’t say much. I never ever go for them, but I don’t say anything in front of anyone except family and here.

• If we wanted, we could probably out a conference championship trophy in the majority of Kansas counties

• @Crimsonorblue22 said in Things just got worse for K/State in Bowl:

@mayjay I think if you lived here it might make a tiny bit of a difference. My really good ksu friends are nice. Others are not, not true friends. One guy actually told me he’s happier if KU loses than if Ksu wins. No kidding! Kids at school bully me about me being a KU fan. They really out number me. I don’t say much. I never ever go for them, but I don’t say anything in front of anyone except family and here.

T-shirt fans tend to be the worst about being assholes about rivalries.

• @mayjay said in Things just got worse for K/State in Bowl:

@jayballer67 @Jethro
    To be fair, we tore the goalposts down for becoming bowl eligible, so do we have room to talk about their tour? I love our KU pride in basketball, but I cannot get any pleasure deriding KSU’s superiority in football. If we had beaten them…well, that is a different story!

I will cheer for KSU today, but I would cheer anyone, even Fizzou, playing Alabama. I hate them even more than I hated Ohio St under Woody “Whack-a-Player” Hayes. It is an enmity with no real source, too!

I should go back and post what they said about the goal posts- you might have a different attitude about them…lol. Their fav line is KU= lil bro. When you mention basketball, they suddenly don’t care, and all of life revolves around football. All in good fun, though.

• So are K-State players sitting out because they’re transferring or going pro? Happens to a lot of teams. Is Saban saying I don’t care if you’re transferring, you’re on THIS team still and you’re playing? Not sure what the issue is here.

• @mayjay “KSU’s superiority in football”

Best laugh I’ve had in a while. As bad as we’ve sucked lately, we still lead the all time series 65-51-5. Or whatever number you look at. Every site seems to report different numbers - but we’re ahead in all of them.

There is no scenario anywhere ever where I root for KSU.

• @nuleafjhawk said in Things just got worse for K/State in Bowl:

@mayjay “KSU’s superiority in football”

Best laugh I’ve had in a while. As bad as we’ve sucked lately, we still lead the all time series 65-51-5. Or whatever number you look at. Every site seems to report different numbers - but we’re ahead in all of them.

There is no scenario anywhere ever where I root for KSU.

lol , pretty much. I mean they have been really good - -but they not Alabama good, and I think they will find that out

• @nuleafjhawk Self-delusion is so cool to observe in action! Since 1969, KSU is 33-20-1 against us, with a 14 game winning streak in progress.

I guess all those games we won before the Apollo landing half a century ago should make K Staters feel inferior in fb, not just bb.

Yes, “superiority” is the correct word. I don’t like it, but I would not like being incapable of respecting a rival’s accomplishment.

If a football conference championship means nothing, I guess our bb streak of trophies deserves scorn, too?

• @mayjay I don’t really care about the Big 12 Tournament tbh

• @mayjay Seems like you’re taking it personally - sorry about that. I hate K-State. They are not relevant to me. They are Dusty Dinkleman. That’s all I have to say. Have a good day.

• @nuleafjhawk Just responding to you finding my comment laughable, and your saying it wouldn’t matter what numbers we looked at. Not personal, just trying to figure out why KU fans act like KSU bb fans when attacking their fb program. Those of you getting harrassed by the Silo Techers certainly have more reason to dislike them. I was just try to separate the idiot fans from the school’s accomplishments.*

I don’t even like K State, but as Crimson pointed out, I don’t have to live with 'em. I just hate Alabama more than any fb program…except maybe S Cal.

*Note: Before he died in 1978, my father led a research study for the Midwest Research Institute in KC that relocated The American Institute of Baking from Chicago to Manhattan because K St has a highly acclaimed research record in all things grain related. He interviewed all the top executives of every major baking company in the country and discovered how much they used and worked with KSU. A big reason for a soft spot still in my heart–he hated KSU with a passion in sports but was able to see beyond that!

• @mayjay My son graduated from K-State with a degree in Computer Engineering. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the University as it pertains to educating young people.

But, my son isn’t interested in sports so I have always had “permission” to hate their sports programs with a passion.

And I do.