The Phrenetic Chab...

• barkley.jpeg

Since I was a kid, I wore a mouthpiece when playing ball. A few kids laughed, until we played.

No one influenced me more in basketball than Charles Barkley. I’ve always affectionately called him “Chab.” He is the Muhammad Ali of basketball, and he has lived up to the Ali personification.

This new book release is on my read list. If I was coaching college ball, I’d have my players on a read list. They can’t always practice. How about developing their minds.

Right off hand, I think I’d like to see Jalen Wilson read this book. He doesn’t have the girth of Barkley, but he has come out this year and showed “Barkleyesque” aggression. He’s taking the ball into the footer trees without hesitation. I’d say he’s done pretty well so far this year in the timberlands. The only thing stopping Jalen now is Jalen.

Thoughts?

• Your comments remind me of our undersized forward, Richard Scott, 6’7" who was fearless in the paint. Played for us from 1990-94. Loved his heart and style of play.

• I was a sixers fan, mostly during the doc J era, and I remember how Barkley came in as a rookie and was a complete utter beast !. He didn’t seem to care who was on the other team, he just muscled his way into the trees, and I remember many dunks …

• Only 1 possible title of that book…The Round Mound of Rebound.

Guarantee it would sell more copies.

• @drgnslayr said in The Phrenetic Chab...:

barkley.jpeg

Since I was a kid, I wore a mouthpiece when playing ball. A few kids laughed, until we played.

No one influenced me more in basketball than Charles Barkley. I’ve always affectionately called him “Chab.” He is the Muhammad Ali of basketball, and he has lived up to the Ali personification.

This new book release is on my read list. If I was coaching college ball, I’d have my players on a read list. They can’t always practice. How about developing their minds.

Right off hand, I think I’d like to see Jalen Wilson read this book. He doesn’t have the girth of Barkley, but he has come out this year and showed “Barkleyesque” aggression. He’s taking the ball into the footer trees without hesitation. I’d say he’s done pretty well so far this year in the timberlands. The only thing stopping Jalen now is Jalen.

Thoughts?

Jalen is fearless, but discretion is the better part of valor. Like today’s game: started out like his hair was on fire, missed some shots, missed some layups, forced action by trying to do it all by himself, etc. 2nd half though he got into a much better rhythm, shot better, took his time on drives and finished, got everybody involved, and picked up his defense. He is on track to be All American - I wish he would just let the game come to him because when he is playing within himself, he’s as good as anybody in the country. Completely fearless.