Let's give a lil love to Coach Schneider /lady HawksUpdate

• Things just keep getting better for KU Athletics. - -Women done pretty well last season - -tip off tonight.

But they need some Congrads - Big time commit for them last night. got a commit from 5 star S’mya Nichols from Shawnee Misson West. Number 1 ranked recruit out of Kansas - - - -her twitter says # 31 ranked- -247 says # 23 ranked - - - the only 2 time Jr NBA world Champion. - she posted pretty cool tweet - - followed up by Coach. - Shows Coach coming out on a big Screen several people watching and he simply says - - Jayhawk Fans - - - -We GOT HER pretty awesome. ESPN NEXT had a little blurb on her pretty cool - -w finally startin to compete in League Cool little motto - - -says " - Don’t be a Lady - Be a Legend " - -Congrads ladies

Update found out also added another pretty good guard Laia Cones. Comes from Barcelona Spain 5’10 - Coach says not only one of the best guards in Spain but in all of Europe - pretty impressive Bio off KU athletics.com - -More on S’mya - -rated as the 5th best at her position

KU coming we were 21-10 last year - we had the largest win improvement in program history plus 14 - -went 11-7 in the Biauge last yr - projected for 5th this year - -excited to watch the ladies see how we do

• Heard about the big recruiting score. Looking forward to another great season for the women starting tonight.

Wow, what a week for Jayhawks past and present. A bowl-bound football team, an alumna wins the NYC Marathon, Jacque Vaughn gets the Nets gig full-time, the Gradey Dick era starts with a bang. Hey, coach Tad Boyle even picked up his first five-star recruit at Colorado !

GREAT TO BE A JAYHAWK !!!

• @nwhawkfan said in Let's give a lil love to Coach Schneider /lady HawksUpdate:

Heard about the big recruiting score. Looking forward to another great season for the women starting tonight.

Wow, what a week for Jayhawks past and present. A bowl-bound football team, an alumna wins the NYC Marathon, Jacque Vaughn gets the Nets gig full-time, the Gradey Dick era starts with a bang. Hey, coach Tad Boyle even picked up his first five-star recruit at Colorado !

GREAT TO BE A JAYHAWK !!!

And And And we got a nice recruit in football in 2024- -hang on to him

• About Nichols…did she already sign? Because I thought coaches can’t comment after just an oral commitment. I could very well be wrong, but I don’t follow the twists and turns of recruiting…

• @mayjay said in Let's give a lil love to Coach Schneider /lady HawksUpdate:

About Nichols…did she already sign? Because I thought coaches can’t comment after just an oral commitment. I could very well be wrong, but I don’t follow the twists and turns of recruiting…

Yes both of the girls signed early period today. - -thing looking better. - -It’s a great time to be a Jayhawk

• KU wins the opener 72-61. J-ville made it a little closer than it needed to be in the 4th quarter, but it’s still a win.

Jackson with a double-double, 16 points and a dozen boards. Kersgieter led all scorers with 17.

Up next: Texas-Arlington next Wednesday.